2 3 4
stroker
stroker Dork
12/25/12 12:08 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
stroker wrote: since she moved out in August, not a berkleying thing.
Sounds like you're better off without her....you should at least send a thank you card.

Actually, I used the money I would have spent on her and put in an order for a Springfield Armory XDS. :)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/25/12 1:29 p.m.

Microsoft Surface.

A fellow shopper at Best Buy asked why we were getting that particular tablet. My answer: Because that's the one that she wants.

He was torn on which one to get himself but seemed to like our answer.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
12/25/12 4:15 p.m.

My wife loved the X box until she saw the GRM site on the TV

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
12/25/12 9:44 p.m.

My wife is on time out. After what she did for my B-Day.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
12/25/12 10:34 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Please keep us posted how that works out. I'm very intrigued by the Surface.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/26/12 8:42 a.m.

Got mine a hand held immersion blender, an ice cream maker, and accessories for her Kitchenaid Mixer. If she didn't love cooking so much you'd think I had made a big mistake.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
12/26/12 8:48 a.m.

Nothing. She demanded I get her nothing. I tried to get her something and she threw a wall eyed fit. So... She got nothing. I knew it was a trap, we'll see how it all pans out. She told me to use my Christmas bonus to buy my own gift, see my watch thread. Said she'd use hers to get whatever she wanted. Still a bit uneasy about it...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/26/12 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Conquest351:

I know the feeling. It's a lot like when you ask her what's wrong and she says 'nothing' in a voice of pure ice. Time to head for the hills.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
12/26/12 9:22 a.m.
GVX19 wrote: My wife is on time out. After what she did for my B-Day.

maybe I missed the thread of what she did...

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
12/26/12 9:23 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: In reply to Conquest351: I know the feeling. It's a lot like when you ask her what's wrong and she says 'nothing' in a voice of pure ice. Time to head for the hills.

yeah, I hate that .... they always complain about us guys not talking with them and then this .....

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
12/26/12 10:02 a.m.

Yup. Then she handed me my Christmas stocking and I had Ted Unrated on DVD. Ugh... I need to go get her something...

Secretariata
Secretariata Reader
12/26/12 1:40 p.m.

Got my wife an iPhone 4 (used), inexpensive case for it (sure she will want a different one, so I spent $3 on a cheap one from monoprice), a set of clip on camera lenses for it, a nice pen and an accupressure mat.

No appliances, cleaning equipment, or tools to make something for me!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/26/12 3:58 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Please keep us posted how that works out. I'm very intrigued by the Surface.

Sure. So far, she likes it. I know there's the whole iPad vs. Google vs. Microsoft tablet debate, but my wife's in the Microsoft camp so we went that way. I have to say, that screen cover/keyboard is slick. I'm almost a little bummed that Apple didn't think of it first.

The one odd thing was the purchase: Amazon did not have best deal. We got ours from the local Best Buy. They had them in stock.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/26/12 4:52 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Yup. Then she handed me my Christmas stocking and I had Ted Unrated on DVD. Ugh... I need to go get her something...

There ya go. She gotcha! BTW, Ted Unrated is frickin' hilarous.

JtspellS
JtspellS HalfDork
12/26/12 5:32 p.m.

Divorce papers!

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x5Izr1pTqielervfKvzJlYM7ltYsxdxrK7tQICPRhruW9qTdJhMmqMNpyU6HlNfZ