1 2 3
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
4/12/19 1:28 p.m.

Linky to trailer: https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

I will always love these movies because they will always make me feel like a kid.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/12/19 1:41 p.m.

I enjoyed the original 3, I enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd (I honestly think Ep. III is my favorite) of the prequels, I enjoyed Ep. VII and I thought both the spin-offs were fantastic. Ep. VIII was rough though. I saw it the first time and was underwhelmed, saw it again and absolutely hated it. JJ Abrams is going to have to pull off a miracle to undo the damage the last one did.

Pretty sure that the last scene of the trailer is on the moon of Endor and that's the wreckage of the Death Star. It'd explain how Kylo got his grandpappy's mask. And that is definitely Palpatine's laugh in the background. Could there be a Palpatine Force ghost running around, or did he learn how to cheat death like he hinted at in Ep. III? 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/12/19 2:06 p.m.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/12/19 2:12 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Best Robot Chicken skit ever, with Wrath Di Kahn as a close second.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/12/19 2:14 p.m.

I'll watch it.  Not sure if I'll see it in the theater, but who knows.  I have fairly low standards to be entertained by a movie, so I doubt it'll bother me.  Some folks take these movies too seriously. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/12/19 2:27 p.m.

That trailer gave me goose bumps.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/12/19 3:18 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?" smiley

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/12/19 3:23 p.m.
NickD said:

In reply to slefain :

Best Robot Chicken skit ever, with Wrath Di Kahn as a close second.

What the hell is an aluminum falcon?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/12/19 3:41 p.m.

To be clear.  This SHOULD be the end of the original series right?  It was supposed to be a 9 part series, which started with 4 (because that was far more interesting than the first 3 I guess)

Not saying they won't make more (Disney like money, mmmkey) just that they are theoretically free to go other directions.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/12/19 3:51 p.m.
aircooled said:

To be clear.  This SHOULD be the end of the original series right?  It was supposed to be a 9 part series, which started with 4 (because that was far more interesting than the first 3 I guess)

Not saying they won't make more (Disney like money, mmmkey) just that they are theoretically free to go other directions.

Well, Lucas wrote 9 parts. And 4-6 and 1-3 of his writing were used. I'm pretty sure that 7-9, they tossed Lucas' script and came up with their own parts 7-9. Disney has said though, that after Ep. 9 comes out, Star Wars as a film franchise is going on hiatus for a while because there is evidence that people are burning out on the series as an annualized effort.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/12/19 4:42 p.m.

Awwwwww yissssssssssss.

Stoked, that is all.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/12/19 6:16 p.m.

1-3 of his writing were used. I'm pretty sure that 7-9, they tossed Lucas' script and came up with their own parts 7-9

Thank berkeleying gawd for that. They should make an Episode 10 that’s just 3 hours of jar-jar getting anally fisted by Ewoks. I’d buy a ticket.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
4/12/19 7:54 p.m.

JJ: How do we get "everyone" to come back and watch episode 9? 
Answer:  Have the Emperor laugh at the end of the teaser trailer.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/13/19 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

My thoughts exactly. I can’t understand people being offended because director X did this, or actor Y didn’t do this. 

Just sit back, eat some popcorn, and enjoy. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
4/13/19 8:51 a.m.
DrBoost said:

In reply to Ian F :

My thoughts exactly. I can’t understand people being offended because director X did this, or actor Y didn’t do this. 

Just sit back, eat some popcorn, and enjoy. 

This, so much. Yes, there were parts of TLJ that weren't great, but it still let me immerse myself in the world of Star Wars for a couple of hours, so I didn't care.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
4/13/19 11:36 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

1-3 of his writing were used. I'm pretty sure that 7-9, they tossed Lucas' script and came up with their own parts 7-9

Thank berkeleying gawd for that. They should make an Episode 10 that’s just 3 hours of jar-jar getting anally fisted by Ewoks. I’d buy a ticket.

I thought I read somewhere that it was something along the lines of an adventure insude the body to find midichlorians.

Yep...

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a21343712/george-lucas-star-wars-7-9-plot/

I finally watched TLJ last night. Let's just say it was ok.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
4/13/19 11:42 a.m.
The0retical said:
poopshovel again said:
They should make an Episode 10 that’s just 3 hours of jar-jar getting anally fisted by Ewoks.

I thought I read somewhere that it was something along the lines of an adventure insude the body to find midichlorians.

Is the connection I'm making the connection I'm supposed to make?

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
4/13/19 7:00 p.m.

I showed the trailer to my 11 year old today.  She is excited about seeing it.  I don't like the new movies as much as the original trilogy, but I like taking her to see them.  Watching her get as excited as I used to be is pretty cool.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
12/11/19 2:45 p.m.

Is this the real life, or is it just necromancy....

Still stoked! Tickets purchased. We're only a week.5 out and I am getting ancy. Do we have any theories? Who is Rey? WTF happened with Snoke? How much Luke-force-ghost will we get?

On a related note, I just picked up some sweet Star Wars merch/memorabilia at Disney, including some scrap metal at Savi's Workshop on Batuu.

Here comes ep. 9! Lets get the party started!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/11/19 3:01 p.m.

This dumpster fire is going to be one of the worst movies of all time.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
12/11/19 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

BOO!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
12/11/19 3:07 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Literally cannot be worse than Fast & The Furious 9 ft. Cardi-B.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/11/19 3:12 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Have you seen the other trailers?!? The cast's reactions and comments? Doomcocks's leaks?

Star Wars is great. I have Disney+ just for the Mandalorian. I've been to the midnight showing on opening night for 1, 2, 3, 7, R1, 8, and Solo. 

7 was fun when it came but had aged badly. Rogue 1 may be one of the best Star Wars films. 8 was one of the worst stories and shot films ever, seriously have you seen the throne room fight?!? The guards just spin in circles because the characters timing is so off and it's filmed in front of red curtain. frown I still went to go see Solo after that, and it wasn't bad. (Wasn't great either).

But this, this is a whole new line of train wreck. Starting with, why isn't the Death Star wreckage on Endor...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/11/19 3:13 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

F&F made a 9? Or is the H&S spinoff?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
12/11/19 3:32 p.m.
Javelin said:

But this, this is a whole new line of train wreck. Starting with, why isn't the Death Star wreckage on Endor...

I thought it was established that that IS Endor?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PfKdRSK0c2kZnuxmX4D8beCx3ZzjLJdFlPIqHoTLso8LZ95ZOBohHNBtWEneril3