4 5 6
mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/20/21 5:25 p.m.

Hey poopy, any advice for a sober bachelor party, other than strippers? (Pretty sure the strippers in this area have names like "sturgeon" and "c-section scar")

Bachelor and 1/4 groomsmen are recovered addicts. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
5/20/21 5:51 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

We went go-karting for mine.

We nearly got thrown out. Probably didn't help that we were all motorsports guys and the operator took a dim view of the red mist coming down.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/20/21 6:46 p.m.
mtn said:

Hey poopy, any advice for a sober bachelor party, other than strippers? (Pretty sure the strippers in this area have names like "sturgeon" and "c-section scar")

Bachelor and 1/4 groomsmen are recovered addicts. 

I was five years sober at mine.

We went indoor karting, all you can eat Chinese, and unfortunately the guys talked me into a south Carolina strip club. Only regrettable part of it. Don't do a strip club. Just karting and egg rolls. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
5/20/21 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

South Carolina strip clubs... 

Terrifying GIFs | Tenor

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/20/21 7:33 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

Yup. Accurate. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/26/21 4:44 a.m.

Do it in Florida. The "good" spots don't allow alcohol.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/26/21 6:02 a.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

South Carolina strip clubs... 

Terrifying GIFs | Tenor

A close friend of mine spent some time as security/cash office/ "talent" wrangler at a fairly well known club in Myrtle beach. The stories are hilarious. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
5/26/21 8:17 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

When I was young, dumb and full of...never mind. 

There used to be a hand full of clubs around where I worked when I was in my 20s. The most popular was a place called the Joker. While not all the girls were scary, the lady that ran the place was terrifying. Probably in her late 40s and overweight by 40 pounds. She was also the MC. She would jiggle out on stage wearing a G-string and bikini top. There was nothing she wouldn't say or do on stage. For a 20-year-old, it was like watching a horrible car wreck. You didn't want to see it but couldn't look away. After that, everything that came on stage looked good. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/21 8:18 a.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

In reply to Mndsm :

After that, everything that came on stage looked good.

Perhaps that was the strategy...

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
5/26/21 3:14 p.m.

Hi Poopy, I'm new here but I wanted to cheer you on! My mother was an alcoholic and cocaine addict when I was young. At age 11 she went to rehab and came back a different person, a better person. She has been sober for 28 years now and counting. She said the first 5 years she would think about it, but now she doesn't think about it at all. It can be done! 

I can also relate on the depression level of things. I can tell you from personal experience that it is a long road to wellness, but it IS possible! I think it took me almost 8 years to get my head on straight with counseling and medications. It's very hard being a human guinea pig until the right combination of things have been worked out, but if you stick with it the results are amazing and totally worth all the garbage that came before it.

I work at a place that does drug rehab and I can tell you, you must address both issues! The root of your drinking issue, I think you will find, is your mental health. I've never met someone with an addiction that wasn't also suffering from untreated mental health problems.

If you ever want to chat on any of those points please feel free to PM me. It's not easy, but nothing worth doing in life is really. You're very brave for coming forward and seeking help, remember that bravery inside you for the tough times. You've got this! :D

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vEMwQ4fCFrcMJhXBajzCVZqCOBZtDyE3JYuRhGmguNuRDtBpAqHgJA3QF0uK2jOV