GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/7/16 9:30 a.m.

This is a very '50s idea, and I mean that in the best way possible:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/07/tesla-builds-a-fleet-of-mobile-model-x-showrooms/

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/7/16 9:31 a.m.

I have seen a few Model Xs. The are a very attractive CUV

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/7/16 9:38 a.m.

I realize that the Airstream is the very high end of travel trailers but I am not so sure this very "traditional" and "nostalgic" design is the right compliment to the Tesla.

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
9/7/16 9:42 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: I have seen a few Model Xs. The are a very attractive CUV

I saw my first Tesla, also a Model X, on Sunday. It was black with black wheels & tinted windows. I had no idea what it was, other than stunning, but was glad I got close enough behind to read the tag...then sad when I later googled it & saw the $75k sticker.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
9/7/16 10:07 a.m.

In reply to petegossett:

That isn't a bad price when you consider the things that most Tesla owners cross shop. Teslas are stil rich man's toys, and as such, they are competitively priced.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
9/7/16 10:12 a.m.

Tesla's Financing:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-06/how-elon-musk-used-broken-marketplace-play-us-all Spoiler Alert: You already bought one. Enjoy it when you get to see it.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
9/7/16 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

Link doesn't work.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/7/16 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

Please. Zero Hedge as a reputable news source? No thanks.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
9/7/16 10:41 a.m.

I had no idea they were that pricey. I see quite a few of them rolling around Manhattan.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/7/16 11:07 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Tesla's Financing: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-06/how-elon-musk-used-broken-marketplace-play-us-all Spoiler Alert: You already bought one. Enjoy it when you get to see it.

If you aren't able to fund your own space agency and develop the technologies to move the stick forward because of a political quagmire you have to find a way to pay someone else to do it for you. There is no free lunch. The military buys hammers and nuts for $600 each to make up the difference for getting a good number on the contract. The EPA pays Elon in loan percentage differences. Same shell game. You want the goods without the risk you provide the dollars.

Note that the headline this week was not "NASA rocket explodes on launchpad". No congressional hearing will take place.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/7/16 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

I must disagree. There is no thing as a free lunch, but as the Producers said,

Loans, grants, investors. You never put your own money in the show!!!!

(Not a flounder just topically relevant and timely) Trump has proven BS, a backer, and branding is all you really need to be successful in today's world (Trumps father cut him a check and guaranteed the loans on his first deal.If this still doesn't convince you, this should...Reality TV Stars)

There are a few smart people that can capitalize on their ideas (WearyMicrobe I'm looking at you) but a large majority of the people who make real money, aren't that. They know how to capitalize and sell others peoples work and ideas.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
9/7/16 12:55 p.m.

OK, linky fixed. Maybe we should find a REAL source of news, like CNN? HAHAHA, oh, that's funny.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
9/7/16 3:34 p.m.

Single axle?!

GameboyRMH wrote:
dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/7/16 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

CNN is more plausible than Zero Hedge and that coming from someone that never gets news from CNN. Seriously you're taking a banned for insider trading pro Putin Russian mouthpiece with an extremist conspiratorial mindset. There's nothing to be gained from taking their extremely biased "news" seriously. Might as well read Russia Today and cut out the middle man and flowery writing.

codrus
codrus SuperDork
9/7/16 9:02 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: I have seen a few Model Xs. The are a very attractive CUV

I'd say they're a very ugly CUV. The model S is an attractive car, but when you stretch it out of proportion to try to cover a vehicle as tall as the model X it just doesn't work.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/8/16 9:32 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: OK, linky fixed. Maybe we should find a REAL source of news, like CNN? HAHAHA, oh, that's funny.

That is funny

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFMiluFZtekulkGqA71SSNFh5XULriYC3SK1B5wPLMOHXTVWkOHQk3QcrMB56Hq7