Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/5/23 2:20 p.m.

Shout out to stampie. Came out, helped me load my car (and did most of the ratcheting himself!) And toted it across town. 

Everyone be more like that. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/5/23 2:25 p.m.

Yay, Stampie!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
6/5/23 2:33 p.m.

I don't know how he gets the energy.

Friday he drove down to Riverview. Loaded up Susie.  Hauled her to Havana, then headed back home.  In one day.

I owe Stampie a bottle of something. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/5/23 3:01 p.m.

You're welcome guys.  I was laughing at myself coming home yesterday.  In the last two weeks I've come home with an empty trailer three times.  I bet my neighbors are worried when they see me leave with my trailer and now don't know what to think.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/5/23 3:03 p.m.

The world is a Better place for having Stampy come upon it

I am truly honored to be able to call him  my friend

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/5/23 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I hear tell he's a bourbon man. He's very well versed in the media from the limited time we had to speak. Far more knowledge than I have. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
6/5/23 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Oh I know he is.  Only bourbon I drink is one he turned me onto. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/5/23 3:36 p.m.

Ok so now it sounds like I'm a bourbon lush that likes to drive all over Florida.  Thanks guys.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/5/23 3:41 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

The world is a Better place for having Stampy come upon it

I am truly honored to be able to call him  my friend

My hero and role model. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/5/23 3:43 p.m.
Stampie said:

Ok so now it sounds like I'm a bourbon lush that likes to drive all over Florida.  Thanks guys.

There are definitely much worse things. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/5/23 5:42 p.m.
Stampie said:

Connoisseur. A man of culture. You've got me thinking about that single grain stuff now hard. Reminds me of a very interesting bottle of unaged I have in my stash right now. 

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
6/5/23 6:23 p.m.
Stampie said:

It's good to have hobbies. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/5/23 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

So interesting that Koval distillery I told you about.  They have a Rye Whiskey and a White Rye Whiskey.  Really points out what aging in a barrel does.  But as I told you their Millet Whiskey is the E36 M3.  I always smell the just opened bottle first and it was like taking a hit of whiskey crack and then everything just got better as I went through my process of drinking it.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
6/5/23 7:57 p.m.
Stampie said:

Ummmm.....  I mean, I probably wouldn't use the word lush.   ....but otherwise...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/5/23 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I have family in Chicago area. I might have to see if I can get some bootlegged to me in Minneapolis next month when I'm up there. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
6/5/23 9:52 p.m.
Stampie said:

Incorrect-you are not limited to Florida!

(You have brought me car stuff from out of state. Thank you! smiley)

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 HalfDork
6/6/23 8:28 a.m.
Stampie said:

I mean... 

But yes I'll add on Stampie is a good dude 

birdmayne
birdmayne HalfDork
6/6/23 11:39 a.m.

Side bar: if Stampie drags my Willy's home, I'll put a select case of bourbon in it. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/6/23 12:18 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

That was a good trip.  I got to meet Evan and Pete on it.  I love telling the story of showing up at your house at 4am to drop it and couldn't get you or anyone else up so we just dropped it where we thought best.  You're also welcome.  Ok enough about me let's talk more about whiskey.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
6/6/23 1:57 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Stampie :

I have family in Chicago area. I might have to see if I can get some bootlegged to me in Minneapolis next month when I'm up there. 

I, too, can enable. Binnys is about a half mile from my house.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/23 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Yeah, you never did come inside and see my stash. I've got some weird E36 M3, and if you're particularly interested in legacy grains- I've got two interesting bottles from the distillery that's housed in the same building complex my old brewery job occupied. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
6/6/23 9:18 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Oh I know he is.  Only bourbon I drink is one he turned me onto. 

You're going to need to identify this bourbon. For the benefit of community

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/6/23 9:30 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Koval Bourbon.   Koval does the cleanest cuts I've ever had in a commercial product.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BvgU7GxCdCa7qnY3ReOrGuRgmr6lqddVQT1hal5LlYD9v8VesxvEybKsBJ3hlg7j