1 2
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
12/3/13 9:54 p.m.

This just in, across the 9th grade melodrama desk. Prepare.

My son's been dating the same girl for two years now. She's a doll; up on her 80's trivia and sci-fi geek to boot. They make a great pair. My son has a friend, with whom he shared interests in zombie stuff and the like. Tonight we found out the friend was texting GF behind everyone's back and sending explicit texts. Too bad GF didn't get them, because she'd had her stuff confiscated by her mom.

GF's Mom, who is a sweetheart normally, hit the roof. No one blames her. She did the logical thing: called the guy in question's Mom, and fowarded everything he'd sent, cutesy f-bomb laden texts and all. From what my daughter says, that kid's mom is also of the Multi-generational Southern born and raised school of rearing kids; meaning someone's world just fell in on them.

...and all I had to do was tell my son he should drop him as a friend. If they are any pieces of him left after the Moms finish him.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltraDork
12/3/13 10:14 p.m.

Karma.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
12/3/13 10:41 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Karma.

Yup. That's what he gets for texting, and having a cell phone in 9th grade.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
12/3/13 10:47 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: Karma.
Yup. That's what he gets for texting, and having a cell phone in 9th grade.

Don't be silly. It is not like he is 9...

I push back against the encroachment of technology more than most my age, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with a highschool having a cell phone.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/3/13 10:54 p.m.

Pics or ban

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
12/3/13 11:17 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Pics or ban

I don't have a scanner handy. I just got prom pics tonight as well.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
12/3/13 11:58 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Pics or ban

Creppy meter pegged by insistence to see 13-15 year old GF of OPs Son...

bgkast
bgkast Dork
12/4/13 12:20 a.m.

Son, I am disappoint

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:02 a.m.

TRoglodyte drives a van. With no windows.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
12/4/13 1:38 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: Tonight we found out the friend was texting GF behind everyone's back and sending explicit texts. Too bad GF didn't get them, because she'd had her stuff confiscated by her mom.

I would just like to point out that I find it hard to believe the friend was sending provocative texts to the GF without any... provocation?

I'm just saying. Also, f-bombs (in any form) via text to a girl? Classsssssssssssssy.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo Reader
12/4/13 1:48 a.m.

im REALLY glad my 18 month old boy & girl twin children will always be young and cute and innocent. right? thats how it works, isn't it? no? uh-oh...

-J0N

The
The Reader
12/4/13 5:47 a.m.

maybe unrelated but a example of getting out of hand, back in the "myspace" days a young man 19 or 20 sent my daughter (14) some texts that he should not have..........he is now serving the 6th year of his 22 year federal prison sentence...........the authorities did not take it lightly even though he was 1000 miles away.....berkeleyed up his whole life by sending a few texts......

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/4/13 6:08 a.m.
DocBlade said: That poor kid ....

You mean that dumb kid? Even a dinosaur like myself has heard the stories and knows the punishment of texting-sexting, a kid as tech savvy as that one should know better.

Hopefully he gets an ass kicking and gets smarter, doesn't end up like the guy in the above post.

Dan

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
12/4/13 6:29 a.m.

I think your sons gf might be cheating or thinking of cheating.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/4/13 6:55 a.m.
The wrote: maybe unrelated but a example of getting out of hand, back in the "myspace" days a young man 19 or 20 sent my daughter (14) some texts that he should not have..........he is now serving the 6th year of his 22 year federal prison sentence...........the authorities did not take it lightly even though he was 1000 miles away.....berkeleyed up his whole life by sending a few texts......

Thank you for doing your part to rid the streets of this scum and protecting my little girl. Hopefully it's been a rough 6 years for him.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/4/13 8:25 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
DoctorBlade wrote: Tonight we found out the friend was texting GF behind everyone's back and sending explicit texts. Too bad GF didn't get them, because she'd had her stuff confiscated by her mom.
I would just like to point out that I find it hard to believe the friend was sending provocative texts to the GF without any... provocation? I'm just saying. Also, f-bombs (in any form) via text to a girl? Classsssssssssssssy.

It's not that hard to believe. Teen boys are not generally known for their social skills. I am glad I didn't grow up with all this tech. I'd probably be unemployable.

Edited for fat fingers. There could have been some provocation in his mind, but not hers.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/4/13 8:37 a.m.
The wrote: maybe unrelated but a example of getting out of hand, back in the "myspace" days a young man 19 or 20 sent my daughter (14) some texts that he should not have..........he is now serving the 6th year of his 22 year federal prison sentence...........the authorities did not take it lightly even though he was 1000 miles away.....berkeleyed up his whole life by sending a few texts......

I O U a Beer

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/4/13 8:51 a.m.
Wally wrote: It's not that hard to believe. Teen boys are not generally known for their social skills.

This would be an understatement. Really, they haven't learned that what is absolutely hilarious to them is likely to fill pillars of the community with dread for the future of humanity. The older I get, the less sure I am of which side needs to change. But... what do I know. I'm still posting cock pics on the internet.

rotard
rotard Dork
12/4/13 9:56 a.m.

The girlfriend is most probably not innocent in this.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
12/4/13 10:02 a.m.

Plenty of teenage boys can get totally inappropriate without any prompting, I think it's ridiculous that anyone would jump to blaming the girl in this situation. Stick to the evidence at hand. If something comes up that actually implicates her then DoctorBlade's son can deal with it then. Sheesh.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/4/13 10:05 a.m.
jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: im REALLY glad my 18 month old boy & girl twin children will always be young and cute and innocent. right? thats how it works, isn't it? no? uh-oh... -J0N

These are precious times, make the most of them.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
12/4/13 10:05 a.m.
Wally wrote: It's not that hard to believe. Teen boys are not generally known for their social skills. .

This. This kid isn't widely known for his social skills outside a small group of boys. So it's not a surprise he's done something as stupid as this. GF, on the other hand, is quite the known commodity; church going and strict parents. Her parents adore my son for his relaxed approach to dating and their daughter in general. Relaxed as in "not sending F-word texts about suggested activities". I'd kill him if he thought that constituted flirting.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
12/4/13 10:17 a.m.

Ooh, that's a pretty cock.

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
12/4/13 10:21 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote:
Wally wrote: It's not that hard to believe. Teen boys are not generally known for their social skills. .
This. This kid isn't widely known for his social skills outside a small group of boys. So it's not a surprise he's done something as stupid as this. GF, on the other hand, is quite the known commodity; church going and strict parents. Her parents adore my son for his relaxed approach to dating and their daughter in general. Relaxed as in "not sending F-word texts about suggested activities". I'd kill him if he thought that constituted flirting.

Yeah, like church-going girls are automatically innocent. Just like ones that don't go to church are whores.

One doesn't need to use curse words to be wicked or a part of the problem.

It will be interesting to see where they all end up in a few more years.

Jus sayin'

rotard
rotard Dork
12/4/13 10:25 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote:

I've been a teenage and college-age boy. I know exactly how friendly church going sweet girls can be. Girls, especially young girls, love attention. If she's only getting a relaxed approach from one guy, she might want attention from another. I'm not blaming her; I'm just saying that it usually takes two to tango.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kakCEpfLFbNHluiw3XIc2MN3zCQ0rwz3l9Xsu3cRE7P6vYnr9oX9HGwrQGO30240