1 2 3
Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/7/18 7:50 p.m.

I wasn't a big Smokey fan, because it was such a parody of the real thing. I know Brock was involved in the plot and the directing, but still, it  just wasn't real in my opinion. However, I thought Burt was great in Deliverence. He was great and made that movie successful. Macho man. So RIP Burt.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/7/18 8:13 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Smokey & the Bandit, Cannonball Run, and the Dukes of Hazard taught me how to drive. Seriously, it never occurred to me that I shouldn’t be jumping things with my car. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
9/7/18 8:27 p.m.
Gary said:

I wasn't a big Smokey fan, because it was such a parody of the real thing. I know Brock was involved in the plot and the directing, but still, it  just wasn't real in my opinion. However, I thought Burt was great in Deliverence. He was great and made that movie successful. Macho man. So RIP Burt.

I believe you're thinking of Cannonball Run, not Smokey and the Bandit.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/7/18 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler :

Corect. (I'm not a movie aficionado).  I saw Smokey and although it was somewhat entertaining, I didn't like it because I thought he was better as a serious actor.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
9/7/18 9:35 p.m.

Glad "Stroker Ace" go mentioned. I liked that movie as much (maybe even more) than the other films.

"Lugs. What day is it?"

"Three Chicken Pits past Sunday."

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
9/7/18 11:50 p.m.

On the radio this morning they were doing a review of his career. During this they claimed Burt turned down being James Bond because he said no one would believe Bond not being British. They said he also turned down being Han Solo, Jack Nicholson’s role in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, as well as Bruce Willis’ character in Die Hard.  They rattled off a few other offers he turned down. 

If all this is true that’s amazing!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
xG6Kpb3ThztznVK2Pa8IyPvcONJYu4O1gAuEWw3MfTdDnTeAg0Qzobukat8ZSPii