1 2 3
dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/2/17 2:02 p.m.

If one was to stop by and drink a beer and want to say hi, what's your schedule like??

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/2/17 3:44 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Soooo variable... I've got a brew day tomorrow which means I'm probably here until 4:30 or 5. Friday, I'm staying late-ish, but am supposed to be meeting with some business folks here around 6. Monday, I hope to be done early. Tuesday is another brew day until 4:30-5. Wednesday I'm bouncing early to go on vacation for a week and a half starting Thursday.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/2/17 4:53 p.m.

My first beer was a Stroh's....Am and always will be a Pilsner doof. Great to see a pils on your list, is it difficult to boost the abv on a pilsner to say the 5.5 range and beyond? Best of luck on this endeavor !

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
8/2/17 8:36 p.m.

If you're up for any sours or neipa (I know, both are overly represented already) let me know.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/3/17 6:31 a.m.
759NRNG wrote: My first beer was a Stroh's....Am and always will be a Pilsner doof. Great to see a pils on your list, is it difficult to boost the abv on a pilsner to say the 5.5 range and beyond? Best of luck on this endeavor !

It is quite easy, but that is not what we're going for. Same as why the IPA is only 5.5% abv.

We're intentionally going for ABV lower than what other craft breweries would be doing. Doing our best to demonstrate that low ABV does not equal low flavor. That we can can put just as much, or more flavor into a lower alcohol beer. Anyone can make a flavorful 7.5% abv beer. It takes skill to make a flavorful and clean 5% abv beer.

As for sours, we will likely dabble on very small scales and/or do some kettle soured styles (e.g. Gose), but I don't want to half-ass anything. If we can't really put the care and attention into doing a good sour program, we're not going to release mediocre sours just because other people are. Quite the opposite. Want to avoid jumping on the bandwagon of over-represented styles.

The New World IPA is sort of inspired by NE IPA's, but doesn't really fit that mould. It's not hazy and chunky. But it's all about lots and lots of juicy hop aroma - in a very tropical fruit salad sort of way: guava, berry, melon, lime.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/3/17 6:49 a.m.

I got what I consider a huge compliment from one of the regulars yesterday. Bit of a story.

He hadn't heard I was back working here yet. Saw we had the new Pilsner and ordered that because he likes Pilsners (former military - Army, I believe - who spent some time stationed in Germany). He takes a sip. His eyes get really big and he looks up at the bartender and asks, "Holy E36 M3. Is Cameron back?"

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/3/17 6:56 a.m.

^^^^ That's awesome when you are recognized by taste

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
8/3/17 7:06 a.m.

So any chance of some good malty Ambers or caramely Wee Heavies?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/3/17 7:15 a.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote: So any chance of some good malty Ambers or caramely Wee Heavies?

The Mild is a malty brown/amber ale. All caramel, honey, raisin, baking cocoa, and strawberry fruit leather. Served on nitro tap.

Next dark beer will be some sort of stout, probably an oatmeal stout for fall/winter.

We have a concept we want to do for a slightly smokey Scotch Ale, but we want to get more stuff solidly established before doing a batch of that on the big system. We're worried about smoked beer having limited appeal.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/3/17 8:05 a.m.

I don't suppose there would be any possibility of seeing your product available west of the Mississippi (Houston Tx) perhaps?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/3/17 8:22 a.m.
759NRNG wrote: I don't suppose there would be any possibility of seeing your product available west of the Mississippi (Houston Tx) perhaps?

Not anytime soon. Sorry.

I'm busily looking into options for purchasing a small canning line. Once that's added, it's still going to be a while before we start really getting into Cleveland, Dayton, and Cincinnati, let alone trying to distribute outside of the state.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/3/17 10:38 a.m.

I've a bunch of family in Lorain and Medina county....so next time I visit what should I be looking for?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/4/17 8:08 a.m.
759NRNG wrote: I've a bunch of family in Lorain and Medina county....so next time I visit what should I be looking for?

Still going to be a while before we're out that far. We're going to saturate the Columbus market first, and we don't really know yet how badly people are going to want what we're doing, whether the local demand will be more or less than we can provide. Cans won't be hitting market here until January-March anyway.

I'll let people know what gets canned first. We have a strong suspicion that it's going to be a variation on the pilsner that I'm refining. Not talking about it widely until it's out. We're excited about it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mSlAltrtyu3REjzPlugK3CttVYOtIO8bVFXKZVwF8THJ7fQHNwXQ7OWPKdeiNEf8