1 2 3 4
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/30/20 10:57 a.m.

We always had bigger dogs, an oversized Dalmation that was deaf (dumb as a box of rocks); our last dog was Rufus, half Airdale, half Goldie.

One Superbowl Sunday my kid called "You gotta see this dog".  No I don't.  After Rufus we swore no more dogs.  Well, we got Stella, a 9 lb. Chiweenie.  (half Chihuahua, half Dauschund).  She's fun, never leaves the unfenced yard. lays at the garage door so she can see everything and chases bunnies for exercise.  She never catches them.  Going to the lumberyard or hardware store, she trots along less than a foot from my feet, unleashed.  I never taught her that, but thank you.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/30/20 4:15 p.m.

This was my pack about a year ago. Sorry about the glare from my head.

BorderCollie/cattle dog mix on the left is still with us, though was diagnosed with bone cancer in February. He was supposed to be dead two months ago but, Border Collie. LBD (little brown dog) in the center was an Aussie/GSD/57 mix. She passed away this spring; I think she was 14. The guy on the right we lost not long after this photo was taken. He was sorta-kinda an English Shepherd but probably a 57 with some possible inbreeding. He suffered from seizures and didn't make it through the last one. He was the SWEETEST dog I've ever met. Many tears have been shed.

Currently we just have Cancer Collie and this guy:

Just turned 5. Purebred English Shepherd and my new favorite breed. They call them Border Collies with an 'off' switch. Much calmer, more protective and with a prey drive. Very affectionate, but only with his people. He's been an adjustment but he's turning into an awesome little soldier. His name is Luke.

Yes, I have said, "Luke, I am your father" to him.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/30/20 5:03 p.m.

This is Bean. She's 2.5 and the goodest girl, great temperament, wildly smart, and loves to be on-gaurd for our house. Black Lab/german shepherd mix 

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) UltimaDork
10/30/20 5:33 p.m.

This is Ada.

She would like you to throw the ball again, please.

But she's not always hyper. To our good fortune, she has never been a morning dog, and mostly moves to take my spot when I get up.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin SuperDork
10/30/20 5:58 p.m.

Nitro

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/2/20 4:18 p.m.

Oh yeah, Bark Box!  Once a month you get a box with a theme, 3-4 bags of snacks and some chewy squeaky things.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/2/20 5:04 p.m.

My two dorks Izzie and Lou.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/2/20 5:15 p.m.

This is Bailey.  He will be 12 in February.  

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/2/20 5:40 p.m.

Here's 2/3 of ours. The little one is Pixie and the bigger one is Porter. Pixie is a Shih Tzu-Pomeranian mix and Porter is allegedly a Border Collie-Corgi. I never bothered with a dna test as he's 100% good boy. They're actually best friends, even though it looks like the little one kicked my little prince out of his bed. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
11/2/20 6:32 p.m.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/2/20 8:24 p.m.

This is Rocky. My boy is getting old. I love him sooo much.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/2/20 8:28 p.m.

This is Rocky's little buddy, Cherokee. Rocky is an Alaskan Malamute. Cherokee is a Siberian Husky about half the size of Rocky. They are both about 15 years old. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/2/20 8:34 p.m.

Here is my third dog, Mac. The youngster. Like most Aussies, he has no off switch.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/2/20 8:40 p.m.

About twelve years ago when I was in the middle of running my dog rescue group I had about ten dogs on the property including fosters and dogs recovering from heartworm and broken limbs. Rocky and Cherokee are what is left from that bunch. Of course there was no Mrs. Snowdoggie back then.

WillG80
WillG80 New Reader
1/10/21 6:50 p.m.

Bumping this one up so I can show off these two.
Max is not even a year old. Full of energy. Ari is 9 and has survived cancer twice. 

Helping dad in the garage  

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
1/10/21 8:22 p.m.
cdowd (Forum Supporter) said:

This is Bailey.  He will be 12 in February.  

This is by far the finest dog that I know. He is a swimming fool,hunter, pet, companion and friend to all.  The world would be a better place if we followed his example.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/21 8:29 p.m.

The photo on the adoption site:

Our boy Cody

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/10/21 9:10 p.m.

We love Bernese Mtn Dogs.

The one in the back is Gus. He was the best dog I've ever had, he's the dog against which all others shall be judged. Lost him last year at 9 years old. I still miss him.

The one in front is one if his pups, Ruxton, also a very good boy.

This is my new dog, Stella. She's a Great Dane, Ovcharka cross but it looks like she got more of the Great Dane in the mix.

She a big, lovey goofball. After Gus, I couldn't have the same breed of dog again because I figured I would always be comparing them.

She has no clue how big she is. If you get a Great Dane, you'll need a second couch.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/10/21 9:16 p.m.

Pepper is still a hot mess, Luna is still a grumpy ole lady.

Neither of them have been enjoying the cold weather.  Yes, Luna has the electric blanket. 

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) UltimaDork
1/10/21 9:46 p.m.
ShawnG said:

She has no clue how big she is. If you get a Great Dane, you'll need a second couch.

I used to work with a woman who had a Great Dane who thought he was a lap dog. She'd sit down, and he'd back up and put his hindquarters in her lap and continue standing with his front legs.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/21 10:03 p.m.
Jesse Ransom (FFS) said:
ShawnG said:

I used to work with a woman who had a Great Dane who thought he was a lap dog. She'd sit down, and he'd back up and put his hindquarters in her lap and continue standing with his front legs.

They all do that. Before we got our dogs, we used to regularly dog sit for our friends who have 2. I wore a cup around the house. Those tails are vicious. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/10/21 10:23 p.m.

Here is our guy. Milo. 13 years young, 100% good boy, and very selectively deaf. 

This is unusual, he almost never gets on the furniture. Seriously. Never has. But there was a German Wire Hair Pointer walking past, and he HATES that breed - my brother has 2 of them. 

And this one, my wife was pregnant and in a horrible mood. He climbed up to comfort her. He really knows how to help her out. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
1/11/21 12:57 p.m.

BLITZ ,16 mos old ......62+lbs of chaos and mayhem....and the master of diversion.....American Staffordshire ,Blue Lacey mash up.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/11/21 3:16 p.m.
bobzilla said:

So since it's been 3 months.... she's getting bigger

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/11/21 4:54 p.m.

Our Schnauza-terror, Bella "living her best life" by post bath mudding. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rzGKDtEtJ0j6qPYidpgboggAm25G3EgYhjjt9RPzWauY1yCVMfMKx40s8ivTWENa