1 2 3
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/11/19 3:15 p.m.

Since we already have one for CL, seems like we should have a FB Marketplace thread, especially since the "search" function blows chucks.  Here's the opening salvo.  How about this for the garage, a Link to giant freakin' fighter plane neon sign, which may or may not work

Pic:

Daeldalus
Daeldalus Reader
9/12/19 12:12 p.m.

This isn't automotive related but i have doing a lot of fly fishing lately( very fun btw ) and 2 weeks ago i found an abel no. 1 reel and a fenwick 5 weight rod for less than tenth of their normal used value. I am very happy with the deal i got. I can post some pictures tonight if yall like fly reel based content.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
9/16/19 5:53 a.m.

that airplane would make incredible garage art.   $500 wasn't too bad either.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/16/19 8:00 a.m.
Grtechguy said:

that airplane would make incredible garage art.   $500 wasn't too bad either.

It sold, but there is a casket still for sale?

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
9/16/19 10:34 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Thats why facebooks algorithm sucks.  

"I see you've been shopping mr2s.....you might also be interested in this clapped out Sienna minivan"

"I see you've been shopping awesome fighter plane wall art.....this casket is also near you and kind of the same price"

The only out-there supergenius scenario here is if their algorithm tracked that you bought the fighter plane, knows your wife is uptight and compulsively watches HGTV, and is therefore going to murder you when you bring your "art" home.  In which case, bravo supercomputer, bring on the caskets.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/16/19 2:24 p.m.

missed a millermatic 130 mig with bottle, regulator, cart, 2 spools of wire, helmet, and gloves, 6 miles from home, $300.  posted at 8:30PM Friday, I didn't see it until 8:30AM Saturday and it was already pending sale.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
9/16/19 2:50 p.m.

FB Marketplace won't show me the things I'm interested in buying until after they've been listed long enough to have been sold.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/16/19 8:45 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/16/19 9:28 p.m.
Daeldalus said:

This isn't automotive related but i have doing a lot of fly fishing lately( very fun btw ) and 2 weeks ago i found an abel no. 1 reel and a fenwick 5 weight rod for less than tenth of their normal used value. I am very happy with the deal i got. I can post some pictures tonight if yall like fly reel based content.

You need to post pictures in the fishing thread. It needs more traffic.

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
9/16/19 9:51 p.m.

CBR 600 Go Kart:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2291642664482292/

My eyes and mind have a hard time sorting out exactly what's in the picture, but it looks like it's going to need some work before it's deadly:

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
9/16/19 9:53 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

FB Marketplace won't show me the things I'm interested in buying until after they've been listed long enough to have been sold.

OK, so I lied.

Earlier this year I scored this huge collection of balsa airplane models, balsa stock, and tools. Building and flying these things is one of my on-again-off-again hobbies. I did sell off enough to make $600 in profit, and I still have nearly half the planes, as well as all the tools and wood.

No Time
No Time Dork
9/18/19 5:16 a.m.
No Time
No Time Dork
9/18/19 5:24 a.m.
RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
9/18/19 6:59 a.m.
AAZCD said:

CBR 600 Go Kart:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2291642664482292/

My eyes and mind have a hard time sorting out exactly what's in the picture, but it looks like it's going to need some work before it's deadly:

Eh, I'm pretty sure I could end up in the hospital, without much fiddling... 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/18/19 9:39 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore :

Tetanus does not require a running vehicle

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/29/19 4:00 p.m.

$5000 Fiat Abarth, 75K on the clock

Like you, I suspect there's something not being said here, hence the "as is" in the ad.  Still, seems like a decent deal.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
9/29/19 4:48 p.m.

This was my marketplace find for the day. I was talking last night about how i need to get some go karts and make a dirt track in my back yard and now i have these.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/29/19 5:22 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Nice looking trailer load, but it seems to be missing something.  Oh, here it is: Gixer Motor

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
9/29/19 5:31 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I have a 250cc two stroke engine in the basement. The only problem is the missing clutch actuator so it is bump start only and you can't stop. It came from a mini Sprint car. I'll have to research putting a dirt bike side cover with clutch back on it.

In the meantime i have a Honda 5hp engine in the basement that i threw on the one that is closest to driving, I just have to wait for the clutch from Amazon to come tomorrow.

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
9/29/19 5:37 p.m.

Oh, Good, Lord! That looks like epic fun!

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/29/19 6:26 p.m.

I really want a go kart like that to just throw around the yard. Nice score.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
9/29/19 6:44 p.m.

is there a way to search  Facebook Marketplace across the country ?

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/29/19 6:49 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Not that I know of, but this little box down near the bottom of the page on AutoTempest indicates that they will maybe have it "soon":

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/29/19 7:18 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

I'm not aware of any search function either.  That's kind of why I started the thread.  See something cool that you think someone on here might want, throw it up here.  It's kind of like a search bar, powered by enablers who think really sketchy ideas are unshakeably awesome.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/29/19 7:38 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Nice!  When I lived down on the Eastern Shore, we had a red 2 seater just like that. It was a ton of fun!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KW3TCwhYyJ6V2zaD57hJWwEyf3CFKcDiEhVY5hFnAajf2LpWWoHrtswICfrvWNkF