Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
10/3/16 12:30 p.m.
RevRico
RevRico Dork
10/3/16 12:38 p.m.

Guess they're over that whole book issue. Nice to see the old crew all together again though.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
10/3/16 12:47 p.m.

I hope they balance out the sound a little more in the final product, I could barely hear the voice overs with the music and car noises up as loud as they were. Nice to see them all back together though.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/3/16 12:51 p.m.
t25torx wrote: I hope they balance out the sound a little more in the final product, I could barely hear the voice overs with the music and car noises up as load as they were. Nice to see them all back together though.

I think the sound was berkeleyed in that clip. I couldn't even watch the whole thing, it was awful.however, theyre back and it felt like top gear. I am excited.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
10/3/16 1:07 p.m.

I only noticed the sound issue in the first part with Hammond. was fine after that.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
10/3/16 1:08 p.m.

I think that's actually from the touring show they did after the conclusion of Top Gear, and not for the Grand Tour. Go down through the comments and there's some discussion about it. There's someone posting a lot of videos on Youtube under the name Richard Hammond but I don't think he's the real Richard Hammond.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
10/3/16 1:18 p.m.

They should give him a costume and a cool nickname.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/3/16 2:47 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

The Stog?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/3/16 2:52 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: I only noticed the sound issue in the first part with Hammond. was fine after that.

I thought that was done on purpose because nobody cared what he had to say, but I could be wrong.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/3/16 3:08 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

The Gits.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/3/16 3:35 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Grtechguy wrote: I only noticed the sound issue in the first part with Hammond. was fine after that.
I thought that was done on purpose because nobody cared what he had to say, but I could be wrong.

Uh yeah, that part was totally on purpose.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
10/4/16 2:38 a.m.

The sound thing in the beginning is a joke. Notice the first thing you can hear Hammond say when he finishes circling the car.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
10/4/16 5:21 a.m.
RevRico wrote: Guess they're over that whole book issue. Nice to see the old crew all together again though.

I don't think they were ever angry with him about the book, they just enforced a clause in his contract regarding his name being made public. The first Stig was outed by a journalist & let go. Seems kind of inconsistent to let the second Stig write a book & out himself and not terminate him. Also, from Ben's book he felt the commitment to Top Gear was potentially hindering opportunities at a top level racing career and his prime years were passing him by.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
10/4/16 5:25 a.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to Wall-e: The Gits.

Maybe "The Trots" or "The Trotter". That would be a way for them to mock the US audience for not speaking The Queens English. I bet a large portion of the audience wouldn't get it, so they could feel smug & superior by reading a fan letter asking what he does with horses each episode...

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
10/4/16 12:59 p.m.

loved it... almost makes me want to pay a monthly fee just to be able to watch it. i have a feeling they will be taking a lot of jabs towards their old show and their old employer but playing it off like they aren't.

"he claims that he used to work on a tv show"

"anyone can claim they used to work on a tv show, just like anyone can claim that they were the first in the embassy"

and that thing at the beginning was totally on purpose- you can tell because he didn't call the car the Corvette "Zed 06" and instead put on his American accent and properly called it a "Zee ohh six".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m7k4EOAMR4TWp0NkE1svquo7UmkfEgwd582dLMEU92Lz0aIapBlC5fmhZz9Te30l