KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
4/27/17 9:15 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: After having to rebuild the motor in the FP car after one autocross, and then having zero oil pressure, we repaired the faulty oil pump pressure relief valve and fired the car up to a wonderful sight of rock solid oil pressure. Oh, and I put some GRM stickers on it so it officially a racecar now!

Those tires.....will still get destroyed . But that thing is the seks, I still want a turn in it.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
4/27/17 10:32 p.m.

I love the idea of this thread and here is why I'm so happy today. I just took delivery of a new truck after driving around an old one for what seems like forever and my race car came out of the shed for the first time this year and is loaded in the trailer, ready for the first event this weekend. [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/IMG_8953_zpsr481o5il.jpg.html][/URL]

NickD
NickD SuperDork
4/28/17 8:36 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: After having to rebuild the motor in the FP car after one autocross, and then having zero oil pressure, we repaired the faulty oil pump pressure relief valve and fired the car up to a wonderful sight of rock solid oil pressure. Oh, and I put some GRM stickers on it so it officially a racecar now!

Good lord, that thing looks amazing.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
4/28/17 9:48 a.m.

I'm in a damn good mood now. I applied for a position that I was a little hesitant to, I got an offer letter, and it's 82% more money than I'm currently making. I'm stoked and a little scared that I might be in over my head. Wish me luck and that I don't cock it up too badly.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
4/28/17 9:49 a.m.
loosecannon wrote: I love the idea of this thread and here is why I'm so happy today. I just took delivery of a new truck after driving around an old one for what seems like forever and my race car came out of the shed for the first time this year and is loaded in the trailer, ready for the first event this weekend. [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/loosecannon/media/IMG_8953_zpsr481o5il.jpg.html][/URL]

That's one sweet lookin' truck. Congrats!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/28/17 9:51 a.m.

Finally got what sounds like a serious call on the elky. Heres to hoping that it leaves my driveway and enters my bank account.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/22/17 7:07 a.m.

Photographed a friend's wedding (well 10 year re-commitment anyway) at the race track yesterday. That was definitely fun.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/22/17 12:12 p.m.

If you like satire, today is Christmas at The Onion

Edit: Ben Carson's "leaked" presentation...ow my sides! ROFL! XD

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/25/17 7:06 a.m.

This guy is feeling better now. I think he ate too many cicadas and the digestive system said "time out, full purge!" Both ends... Friends recommended a fast and chicken broth/rice to get him back to normal, back to his usual puppy self.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/30/17 10:16 p.m.

My Pops' MR2 spyder is crash bolts, tires, and a front sway bar away from being factory stock (open diff, 45k old suspension)
Third AX with her today: 3rd raw, 2nd PAX.
berkeley yeah.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
7/31/17 6:11 p.m.

First day at the new facility went extremely smoothly. Not 100% productivity of course, but no major snags keeping work from getting done.

And we have a separate breakroom now, that has air conditioning. No more eating lunch at my workstation in the shop. (Also means no more perusing GRM and Speedtalk while scarfing down lunch, but: air conditioning!)

Crxpilot
Crxpilot New Reader
7/31/17 6:37 p.m.

I just discovered Culver's cheese curds...

Mike
Mike SuperDork
7/31/17 9:48 p.m.

Good beer and YouTube's selection of old rap music whilst cooking always makes me happy.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/co3qMdkucM0

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/29/17 6:15 a.m.

Canoe??

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
8/29/17 10:15 a.m.

Canoer deleted

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
8/30/17 7:14 a.m.

New website to compliment Nature Coast Adventurer Magazine . We have acquired a new site to host our web based presence in our local market . We are going to spend the next two months tweaking it with Ads from our Magazine . Take a moment to lQQk at Discover Citrus County

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/30/17 5:15 p.m.

I would buy a Dodge Power Wagon just for the retro PW sticker.

Nice truck

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill UberDork
8/31/17 6:25 a.m.
t25torx wrote: I'm in a damn good mood now. I applied for a position that I was a little hesitant to, I got an offer letter, and it's 82% more money than I'm currently making. I'm stoked and a little scared that I might be in over my head. Wish me luck and that I don't cock it up too badly.

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Congrats on the new gig man.

If you do find yourself in over your head, be sure to hit us up on the forum for help. I don't think we'll be able to save your position, but there are some twisted berks on here that could at least help you fail in a spectacular fashion

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/4/17 8:55 p.m.

After dealing with crap a few weeks ago (ex-wife and her mom died in a house fire, A/C decided to stop working, computer HD crash, ...) this weekend has been awesome. Sold the MR2 Friday to a fellow GRM'er and nice guy, hung out at Carfest at Mid OH awhile Saturday with friends, marched in a parade this morning with my dog for the local Humane Society where I volunteer, then went to the OH Renn Festival with SWMBO and her daughter and bought this awesome hand-made ink pen with 5 speed gear selector.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield New Reader
9/4/17 10:06 p.m.

I had an awesome day with swmbo watching ARCA and UMP modifieds on dirt mile at the the DuQoin State Fairgrounds. We had great seats about halfway up in the grandstand on the start/finish line under the roof. We had shade and a nice breeze. It was only $60 for parking, admittance to the state fair, and race tickets. The required fair food was extra, but good.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
9/5/17 9:57 a.m.

Just replaced my desktop CPU.  Night and day, man.  Night and day.

• From: Xeon E5-2603V3 (6 cores, 6 threads, blazing 1.6GHz, no Turbo Boost)
  • To: i7-5960X (8 cores, 16 threads, 3.0GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo Boost).
RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
9/5/17 10:00 a.m.

It's a proper rainy day for once. 

Slow drizzle, occasional thunder. No crazy wind or massive amounts of water in minimal time frames. I've missed days like this, just wish I still lived in a trailer, it would put me to sleep like a baby. 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/18/17 8:01 a.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette :

We are uploading  ads  to  the  website and we are going to start Tweaking  the ads  and  content  

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
9/20/17 11:09 a.m.

Had an interview for my first job after college, with an OEM in Detroit. It went really well, and with any luck I'll end up with a visit up to Detroit in a month or two. I'll be graduating come December, so I'm looking forward to locking something down!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
9/20/17 1:15 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Congrats!!!  

There's a bunch of us up here who will tell you the truth about working in the auto industry.  ;-)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xakVGQKyB9kBQpq6ZJglBwdsRpBcPXvWaskG3iGa4pABJZzNsLhwWHJWC0ibuKaT