1 2 3 4
Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/2/20 12:21 p.m.

We got anew local grocery store and they have a sushi place inside.

I know grocery store sushi doesn't sound great, but the closest place is hours farther away and this sushi is great

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 12:29 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I know grocery store sushi doesn't sound great, but the closest place is hours farther away and this sushi is great

I eat Publix sushi all the time- non restaurant sushi has made amazing strides. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/2/20 1:10 p.m.
Mndsm said:

This is from Super 1, they have a great Dragon Roll and Rainbow roll.

Also in the good things department........I got to hear my dad speak for the first time in 30 days!

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/2/20 1:12 p.m.
Mndsm said:

This is from Super 1, they have a great Dragon Roll and Rainbow roll.

Also in the good things department........I got to hear my dad speak for the first time in 30 days!

That may not belong in the little things thread, that's huge! Fantastic news. Made my day. 

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/2/20 1:55 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I've not had it from Publix since I only get to visit those on vacation, but my local Kroger now employs a sushi chef. It. Is. Excellent.

tb (Forum Supporter)
tb (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/2/20 7:00 p.m.

Yet another beautiful, sunny spring day in Denver and I managed to get out for a bike ride. Being disabled and immunocompromised has made the last few months tough so it really helped my overall mood.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/2/20 8:48 p.m.

In reply to tb (Forum Supporter) :

Hell yeah. I bet the weather in Denver is amazing rn.  Hit the morning chat on Friday too, it helps me quite a bit chatting with y'all online even though we've not ever actually met. 

In a similar vein, I took the motorbike out for two minutes, literally. <4 wheels is just better somehow. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/3/20 11:01 a.m.

A Ford "small six" with an open header sounds awesome and is still quiet enough that you can't hear it cruising on the highway. It is in the muffler shop now and will be properly quiet again this afternoon. It's not my car, and I wouldn't have ever gone through the trouble of a header swap, but it is cool. for some reason hearing that car sound that mean made me happy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/20 12:53 p.m.

All the Small Things. By Puddles Pity Party.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/3/20 1:08 p.m.

Tomorrow we celebrate that in 2002 this kid got put on a plane in Korea and came to be part of my family.  Now an almost 18 year old woman I've been blessed that she's called me Dad all these years. 

And I'm still selling hoses. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/20 1:17 p.m.

Hoses in different area codes?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/3/20 6:44 p.m.

Been staying inside and hiding from the world, but I did see this beaut at the grocery store.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/4/20 1:58 p.m.

Tomorrow Is Friday. I know a bunch of folks are not working and the days all seem to run together, and I feel for you, truly. But for me, the weekend means racecar work. I'm excited. Find something to be excited about, something to look forward to. It's easy, could be a package you've been waiting for, a fancy meal, a hot date, snu snu, the impending release of Amazon's (?) live action WoT series,,, lots of good things out there. 

Kid free weekend with the wife and one less neon tomorrow. Il call it a win! T minus 26 hours....

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
6/5/20 9:09 a.m.

Just saw some great news - unemployment dropped significantly from April to May.   Small comfort for those affected but hopefully represents us turning a corner.

May unemployment drops

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
6/5/20 10:12 a.m.

Painted some spare pomegranate (sp?) wheels I got with my Delica. 

A little more gold than the bronze I was hoping for. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/5/20 11:54 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Hoses in different area codes?

Whenever I'm dealing with lawn and garden or by the foot hose, I walk around the store singing that. "I got hosed..I got hooooooooose, in different area codes ". Half my co workers don't get it. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
6/5/20 12:36 p.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

I've not had it from Publix since I only get to visit those on vacation, but my local Kroger now employs a sushi chef. It. Is. Excellent.

The local Sams club, of all places, has surprisingly edible sushi.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/5/20 5:56 p.m.

When we stopped for lunch it was 102f. Now it is 85f. The wind is blowing like a $2 whore on New Years, but I'll take that trade today. Especially since tomorrow the forecasted high is under 90 and I have the whole day to work on the Funderbird. Woot!

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/6/20 10:24 a.m.

This morning I remembered the upstairs roll was empty before I put myself in a compromised situation. 

Not the worst way to start the day. laugh

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 New Reader
6/6/20 11:49 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

I'm getting so much more family time with my almost 2yo son. He's growing too quickly, but I guess it's a good thing as he has a little brother on the way.

congratulations!   

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/7/20 10:31 a.m.

There are no happier kids than the ones with a trampoline. Luckily we have two (small ones) so both my kids and my niece can all jump at the same time. 
So this morning I get to witness the sheer joy of defying gravity. The smiles and squeals are better than the birdsong in the distance, though some of the neighbors may disagree. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/8/20 3:22 p.m.

that is all

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/8/20 7:33 p.m.

I started a week of unpaid furlough today by spending time with my (growing up way too fast) teenage daughter, with my eternally happy dog, and putzing around building a railing for the deck on our house.  To be honest, if this is what retirement is like, vs. the ratrace called work, I like it.  Yea, it was a good day.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/9/20 11:12 a.m.

So, one may notice that many of my updates here are food based. For that, I make no apologies. 

Todays reminder is to sit back and appreciate that by the aligning of stars and the grace of heaven, you or I can buy a (way too big) refreshing Coca-Cola for the low, low price of $1, without even getting out of the car. Amazing. Truly a small thing to be grateful for. 

* this is not a sponsored message. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YDV1MWDFb7vAVGb7dUI8zFWztB7Hj7U409avtw1wCFUbH7q0KpBv9iY8FKMmHNfn