2 3 4 5 6
aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
8/24/09 11:53 p.m.

Yah, that no child left behind really sucks.... what AHole was responsible for that anyway?

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
8/25/09 12:03 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Yah, that no child left behind really sucks.... what AHole was responsible for that anyway?

More than one Ahole, my friend.

There were 535 public servants who voted on the bill. Do the lobbyists throwing around money and influence count, too?

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
8/25/09 12:16 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: There were 535 public servants who voted on the bill. Do the lobbyists throwing around money and influence count, too?

I'm sorry, your answer has been disallowed. If you would like to try again you will have to phrase your answer in an overly simplistic highly polarized manner.

Please try to pay attention to the rules in the future.

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
8/25/09 12:31 a.m.
aircooled wrote:
oldsaw wrote: There were 535 public servants who voted on the bill. Do the lobbyists throwing around money and influence count, too?
I'm sorry, your answer has been disallowed. If you would like to try again you will have to phrase your answer in an overly simplistic highly polarized manner. Please try to pay attention to the rules in the future.

Oops, my bad.

I'll try to keep facts, logic, history, sarcasm and opinion to other threads where I "troll".

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
8/25/09 10:10 a.m.

Don't feel bad. If you want to point a bony troll finger at anyone you might cast it in the direction of the person that put this:

"...thanks to The Left's education system..."

in a thread about the potential for the next war the US might be involved with.

I'm sorry, but I find it irresistibly funny that the Dr. derailed his own thread by plopping down a big stinky flounder...

81gtv6
81gtv6 Reader
8/25/09 11:24 a.m.

Anyone that is relighing on the public education system to totally educate their children is setting them up for failure, and yet my son goes to a public school.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
8/25/09 11:44 a.m.
81gtv6 wrote: Anyone that is relighing on the public education system to totally educate their children is setting them up for failure, and yet my son goes to a public school.

I really hope that was a subtle joke, I really do.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/25/09 12:00 p.m.

OK, I'm biased. I homeschool, so I saw absolutely no joke at all, no matter how subtle.

Clue me in. Are you referring to the misspellings and grammar? Or do you believe relying on the public education system entirely for educating our children is a good idea?

I'm betting on the mispellings and grammer.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/10/09 12:43 p.m.

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6258

Debka.com said: Washington accuses Iran of attaining nuclear weapon capability DEBKAfile Special Report September 10, 2009, 10:28 AM (GMT+02:00) Iranian FM Mottaki gives the West the runaround Timed to follow on the delivery of Tehran's response to the big powers' offer of nuclear talks, US intelligence agencies informed the New York Times Thursday, Sept. 10, that they have concluded in recent months that "Iran has created enough nuclear fuel to make a rapid, if risky, spring for a nuclear weapon." The White House is quoted as saying that "Iran has deliberately stopped short of the critical last steps to make a bomb." A few hours earlier, a US diplomat warned that Iran is close to producing its first nuclear bomb. DEBKAfile's military sources say these steps add up to a new US intelligence assessment that Iran is now in position for deciding at any moment to take that last, extremely short step, toward making a bomb - or even two. Wednesday, Sept. 9, Iranian foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki finally handed representatives of the six-nation group of nuclear negotiators (P5 + Germany) his government's long-promised reply to the package of incentives it offered for talks to resolve the dispute on Tehran's nuclear program. Although the contents of the package were not published, DEBKAfile's Washington sources report extreme US frustration with the document which bars any discussion of its nuclear issues According to our Iranian sources, it consists of a long-winded, sanctimonious treatise, with no proposals for solving the nuclear issue, but rather a sermon on the need for a new world order based on Iranian revolutionary Islamic tenets. Iran's rulers offer to discuss reforming the new world order with the big powers and "reaching a comprehensive agreement on issues beyond the nuclear file," including the crises in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon and the Palestinian territories. From the document's tone, Iran is putting itself forward as the seventh world power and demands a key role in all important international political, economic, social and cultural policy-making. The document has only three things to say on the nuclear subject: First, Iran is fully entitled by the Non-Proliferation Treaty to carry out uranium enrichment without interference or limitations. Second, Iran is not ready to discuss its nuclear activities with any foreign power. Third, It is willing to discuss the worldwide nuclear problem. The package follows on Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's public declaration that his country's "nuclear rights" are not open to negotiation; the UN nuclear watchdog's determination that its interaction with Iran is in stalemate; and the statement by US chief envoy to the IAEA, Glyn Davis, that ongoing enrichment activity is moving Iran "closer to a dangerous and destabilizing possible breakout capacity." Iran's "package" takes the entire controversy into a fresh blind alley. President Barack Obama must now decide on his reaction to Iran's virtual slap in the face in response to his offer of direct nuclear dialogue.

So, all that "we're gonna talk to the Iranians" has really been working out for us then, huh? Remember this quote from the O before he got elected:

“I will do everything in my power – everything, everything - to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon,” he said, starting with diplomacy but not taking the military option off the table.

Still hoping for change? What are the Israelies going to do? Light them up first? That would look kinda bad, not that anyone would do anything about it after the fact. And, there's reports that the Saudies are sharing intel with the Israelies on Iran. How about that for strange bedfellows?

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/10/09 4:26 p.m.

Israel's PM (Netanyahu) visited Russia earlier this week - http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1251804532464&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Maybe part of the conversation with Vlad was to warn him that a significant source of his country's income was about to disappear!

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
9/10/09 7:38 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: So, all that "we're gonna talk to the Iranians" has really been working out for us then, huh? Remember this quote from the O before he got elected:

I am curious, what is the alternative? Force?

Realistically I don't really see the US stopping Iran from getting nukes other than force (or them just not doing it of course). The US simply does not have enough influence in the circles they run in and they are certainly not dependent on the US for anything (other than a very convenient "enemy of the state").

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/11/09 10:20 a.m.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109511

WND said: Iran beware: Israel tests 'secret weapon' Netanyahu's trip to Russia a diversion? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted: September 10, 2009 9:03 pm Eastern By Jerome R. Corsi © 2009 WorldNetDaily The mystery that surrounded Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's unannounced trip to Russia was created by the Israeli government in a calculation to divert attention from a secret weapons test, according to sources. The test, held at undisclosed Israeli military base while Netanyahu was traveling, was done with top-secret authorization from the White House, the sources reported. Trusted confidential Israeli sources in Jerusalem close to the government told WND the Israeli military conducted the secret weapons test in preparation for a planned pre-emptive strike on Iran. They reported the Israeli government has set no date for a possible strike, but preparations already are in an advanced stage. The plan to create a mystery out of Netanyahu's trip to Russia was deliberate – calculated to transform what in truth was a routine visit by the prime minister into the appearance of a secret mission involving Iran, the sources said. To carry out the subterfuge, the Israeli prime minister's office stuck to the cover story yesterday, telling reporters only that Netanyahu was occupied with "secret and classified activities" during his unexplained absence of over 12 hours on Monday. The National Security Council press office in the White House did not respond to a WND request for comment. WND was unable to learn the exact nature of the experimental weapon that was successfully tested, other than to confirm the Israeli military specifically designed the weapon to be used in a possible upcoming war with Iran. Today, the Jerusalem Post reported a senior Kremlin official confirmed to the Russian paper Kommersant that Netanyahu did make a secret trip to Russia on Monday. The Jerusalem Post further reported that the Russian official said this kind of development "could only be related to new and threatening information on Iran's nuclear program." Reuters said today that Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko would neither confirm nor deny any meetings were held by Russian government officials with Netanyahu in Moscow. Israeli newspapers were outraged by what was being described as lies issued by the prime minister's office in a "major media fiasco" surrounding the trip. Glyn Davies, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency, said earlier this week that the U.S. believes Iran is coming close to the "break out" threshold of possessing enough low-enriched uranium to produce one nuclear weapon, if the decision were made to further enrich it to weapons-grade, according to a report published by the Telegraph of London. Today, Mojaba Samareh Hashemi, a top aide to Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said in an interview that Iran had no intention of entering into talks designed to halt its nuclear enrichment program, according to the Washington Post.

I also saw that the U.S. just trippled the order for those super-deep bunker buster bombs. The ones that can take out a reinforced bunker 200 ft down or something. They're so big that they have to be carried on a B1. I wonder if that's what they were testing?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/30/09 12:52 p.m.

So, the GBU-57A/B bunker busters penetrate down 60 meters then go "poof." They are dropped from B2a's, still being modded, and are due to be delivered in December.

The Iranians just disclosed another nuke plant, hidden underground on a military base. I'm sure it's just to make glow in the dark ice cream. Even the Saudies are getting friendly with the Israelies regarding Iran. Ahm-a-Nut-Job had a nice chat at the UN rubbing The O's nose in the whole thing. The UN is likely going to start a committee to assess the availability of a conference on wording a really strong letter to Iran.

Looks more and more like we'll just let the Israelies take out the Iranian nuke plants. The Israelies say that taking them out will only set back the Iranians about 3 years, but a whole lot can happen in the Middle East in 3 years, so WTF?

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
9/30/09 12:57 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Looks more and more like we'll just let the Israelies take out the Iranian nuke plants. The Israelies say that taking them out will only set back the Iranians about 3 years, but a whole lot can happen in the Middle East in 3 years, so WTF?

I guess I'm naive, I never understood the whole 3-5 year timeline thing. If the countries capable of stopping them still don't want them to have a Nuke in 3-5 years won't we/they just bomb the facilities again?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/30/09 1:16 p.m.

Preemptive strikes for unproven theories are bad PR and a generally bad idea...

...see: Iraq WMD's

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
9/30/09 1:28 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Preemptive strikes for unproven theories are bad PR and a generally bad idea... ...see: Iraq WMD's

I don't see the correlation between Iraq and Iran.

Iran has openly admitted these facilities exist.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/30/09 3:38 p.m.

Correct.

But they have not determined the purpose, and the purpose is the issue from an international perspective, not the existence.

A preemptive strike would be against the presumed purpose.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/15/09 1:04 p.m.

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6321

debka said: Israel may attack Iran after December - Le Canard Enchaine DEBKAfile Special Report October 15, 2009, 7:03 PM (GMT+02:00) Hillary Clinton's bid for Russia to back sanctions is snubbed According to an unconfirmed report in the French Le Canard Enchaine of Wednesday, Oct. 14, Israel is preparing to bomb Iranian nuclear sites and pro-Iranian targets across the Middle East after December 2009. The prestigious satirical weekly reports that the IDF has notified special forces reservists abroad to get ready to return home in November for immediate drafting to the military operation against Iranian nuclear facilities. The weekly further reports Israel has ordered combat rations from a French firm for these reservists to stay on long-term missions far from home. French military sources said that Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi met secretly in France with US armed forces Chief of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen and French Chief of Staff Gen. Jean-Louis Georgelin, to inform that Israel planned to attack Iran after December, when it became clear that the talks between the six powers and Tehran had failed to produce any benefit. According to Le Canard Enchaine, Ashkenazi said Israel would not attack Iran by air but rather use ground forces in coordinated operations on several Middle East fronts. DEBKAfile's military sources add that if the information leaked to the newspaper from French joint staffs sources is correct - and not a red herring to disguise the impending attack's real nature - the IDF may be expected to branch out from Iran's nuclear facilities to target its allies too, such as Syrian air force and missile batteries, Hizballah bases in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Le Canard Enchaine is not alone in predicting an Israeli attack on Iran after December. A former Israeli deputy defense minister, Efraim Sneh, commented to US and British media several times in the past week that if the US fails to rally fellow powers' support for toughened sanctions against Iran by Christmas, Israel will have to attack its nuclear installations. It may be assumed that Sneh was not just guessing on his own initiative. Another sign of the growing military tensions surrounding the Iranian nuclear program was a phone conversation late Wednesday night between President Barack Obama and French President Nicola Sarkozy. The two discussed Iran. After Hillary Clinton failed to swing Russian leaders round to supporting sanctions, when she visited Moscow Tuesday, DEBKAfile's Washington sources report that Obama has decided to work with the French president for efforts to stop Iran's nuclear program.

Hard to say, but if the French report is accurate, I'd say the Israelies are getting ready to take the gloves off and finally get after it. Not that world powers (including the Iranians) can't tell in advance that it's coming. They always call the reserves up, at a minimum for local defense jobs like patrolling the streets, while the active combat troops get ready for the big push. If the reserves get called up, start getting ready. I also seem to recall the Israelies buying some of those MOP bombs from us and practicing with them? Gonna MOP up some trouble makers? I don't know what they would have big enough to carry one of those things. I don't think they have any heavy bombers, but perhaps one of our aviation experts knows.

So, a January Surprise? "After December." I would not want to be in the stock market when the Israelies get to "fixing" their little Iranian issue. Hill gets snubbed by the Russians (shock). The O doesn't seem to get a lot of respect on the international stage where there's no Teleprompter. Maybe he can show the Iranians his Nobel Appease Prize and they'll all die laughing.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
10/15/09 1:38 p.m.

View Larger Map

I understand that Israel is full of ninja skilled badasses, but in order for Israel to effectively whoop up on Irans ass don't they have to go through or over Jordan, Syrai, Iraq and / or Saudi Arabia?

Wouldn't that piss off any number of these other countries?

Maybe making their job a smidge harder?

Make Iraq and Afghanistan work well and then we could become:

From Newstados Unidos

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/15/09 1:42 p.m.
debka said: Israel may attack Iran after December - Le Canard Enchaine DEBKAfile Special Report October 15, 2009, 7:03 PM (GMT+02:00) The O doesn't seem to get a lot of respect on the international stage where there's no Teleprompter.

Maybe we can hire George W. to speak to those foreign guys. He was always an inspiring speaker with or without that pesky teleprompter. That should get the U.S. the respect we deserve.

oh wait........

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/15/09 1:46 p.m.

Along the banks of Lake United States?

Word was out all over, then denied, of course, that the Saudies had green lighted an Israelie "fix" job on Iran, meaning the ancient enemy from thousands of years ago when that guy stole the blessing of great^100 grandpa really wasn't so bad, at least for a little while, when facing Iranians with nukes just across the rather skinny Persian Gulf (future "Lake United States") today. "Ah, we can hate them again tomorrow."

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
10/15/09 1:59 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Along the banks of Lake United States? Word was out all over, then denied, of course, that the Saudies had green lighted an Israelie "fix" job on Iran, meaning the ancient enemy from thousands of years ago when that guy stole the blessing of great^100 grandpa really wasn't so bad, at least for a little while, when facing Iranians with nukes just across the rather skinny Persian Gulf (future "Lake United States") today. "Ah, we can hate them again tomorrow."

Does anybody else just want them to get it over with already? IMO, it would be preferential to have countries actually fighting each other, with a clear winner and loser, rather then the bullE36 M3 that goes on now. Just a thought ;)

wbjones
wbjones Reader
10/15/09 2:02 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I understand that Israel is full of ninja skilled badasses, but in order for Israel to effectively whoop up on Irans ass don't they have to go through or over Jordan, Syrai, Iraq and / or Saudi Arabia? Wouldn't that piss off any number of these other countries? Maybe making their job a smidge harder?

ya but haven't they done just that in the past.... I don't think the give a berkeley what those "little POS countries" think

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
10/15/09 2:35 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6321
debka said: Israel may attack Iran after December - Le Canard Enchaine DEBKAfile Special Report October 15, 2009, 7:03 PM (GMT+02:00) Hillary Clinton's bid for Russia to back sanctions is snubbed According to an unconfirmed report in the French Le Canard Enchaine of Wednesday, Oct. 14, Israel is preparing to bomb Iranian nuclear sites and pro-Iranian targets across the Middle East after December 2009. The prestigious satirical weekly reports that the IDF has notified special forces reservists abroad to get ready to return home in November....

i'm going to have a hard time fearing a war that's being predicted by a prestigious satirical weekly.

And in breaking news, Mad Magazine published an unconfirmed report that the black spy is going to drop an anvil on the white spy.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
10/15/09 2:35 p.m.

in a few months.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AGKyi4E532rIDdhGJA9mLbrVCki6jeb3Egp66txbnJ3glOWFP65PNzR7h9RXd42y