6/2/19 2:06 p.m.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
6/2/19 2:26 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/2/19 5:41 p.m.
Jay_W said:

Oh yeah, there was that time I parked in front of this ride at an exotics@rtc meet...

Did the owner say what it was because I'm a bit confused right now.

The body, hood ornament and steering wheel appear to be Cadillac. The hood sides look wrong for Cadillac but it could be a coachbuilt body.

The wheels are Buffalo wheels and are the center-lock style they used on Duesenbergs. These wheels were sold as aftermarket pieces as well. The wire wheels that Cadillacs came with were Buffalo wheels but they were bolt-on wheels.

I do have one Buffalo wheel lock in the pile at work with a Cadillac badge in it so they certainly were available.

The bumpers look very similar to Packard bumpers, they're not Cadillac or Duesenberg  J and I can't tell you what the tail light is from.

I'm quite curious...

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
6/2/19 9:23 p.m.

Turbine
Turbine Reader
6/3/19 1:02 a.m.

This guy parks next to me semi regularly in the back corner of the lot at the Marysville Honda plant. It’s basically daily driven, and the owner is 6’4 or so!  

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/3/19 8:26 a.m.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
6/8/19 5:04 p.m.

This morning was Gary The Jeeps first road trip.  We found a Sinclair dinosaur and a Golden Arch.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/8/19 8:19 p.m.

My mechanic's old place:

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
6/9/19 9:44 a.m.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/12/19 6:59 p.m.

Today's entry: 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/12/19 7:39 p.m.

Your Miata is far cooler than that Excalibur.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
6/12/19 9:38 p.m.

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
6/14/19 5:00 p.m.

That is a really nice 250.  Here is mine beside my MINI.

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
6/14/19 5:02 p.m.

Something cool is so subjective.  There is a thread in around these parts about a VW being converted into a pick up.  This is what I thought they were talking about.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
6/14/19 5:02 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Your Miata is far cooler than that Excalibur.

Yeah, but the big block A body Mopar is pretty sweet, next to the Miata

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
6/15/19 10:17 p.m.

Wife and I went to a fancy farmhouse dinner tonight (it was excellent). Came out to see that we were parked next to a Ferrari engine in a fancy fat suit:

Sorry for the awful pic. This was when we were leaving, and the Maserati wasn't there when we arrived. So I guess that means we didn't park next to a Maserati, instead Maserati driver parked next to us!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/16/19 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Even better.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
6/16/19 11:08 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

I will keep an eye out for it next time I go to that shindig. All I can tell you is that the paint looked original, and it looked to me like a standard for that era chassis. I think mayyyyybe the owner said something about a frame-off restoration a few decades ago? Maybe? 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/16/19 11:31 p.m.
Robbie said:

Wife and I went to a fancy farmhouse dinner tonight (it was excellent). Came out to see that we were parked next to a Ferrari engine in a fancy fat suit:

Sorry for the awful pic. This was when we were leaving, and the Maserati wasn't there when we arrived. So I guess that means we didn't park next to a Maserati, instead Maserati driver parked next to us!

What happened to the Penta wheels?  Those look so pedestrian on the XJR.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/16/19 11:44 p.m.
Jay_W said:

In reply to ShawnG :

I will keep an eye out for it next time I go to that shindig. All I can tell you is that the paint looked original, and it looked to me like a standard for that era chassis. I think mayyyyybe the owner said something about a frame-off restoration a few decades ago? Maybe? 

That would be cool, thanks.

The paint scheme and colours are a correct style for the time, I don't think the car is a replica or a fake of any sort, Just curious about it's history.

There are a few full classics running around with one body on another chassis. There's a couple Duesenberg bodies mounted on Henney Hearse chassis and a couple Packards with Lincoln bodies that I know of. Not common but not unheard of.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
6/17/19 9:38 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:
Robbie said:

What happened to the Penta wheels?  Those look so pedestrian on the XJR.

Those are my snow tires. My recent car time has been fighting the dumb master cylinder on the Skylark... But now that is fixed and out of the way!

Also, probably good we had the snows on, because there was a deluge of rain after we arrived and that grass field became a soupy mess.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/17/19 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Regular XJ8 wheels fit on the XJR?  Interesting.

How does it do in the snow?

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/17/19 10:41 a.m.

Still trying to qualify for this thread!  Over the past two weeks I've pulled up next to a new DB11 and an Aventador SV roadster at the gas station around the corner from my house, but each time I didn't get my phone out in time to snap a photo.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
6/17/19 11:19 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

In reply to Robbie :

Regular XJ8 wheels fit on the XJR?  Interesting.

How does it do in the snow?

Much better than a 4000 lb 370 hp automatic rwd sedan should. It's basically as competent as any modern car in the snow. The traction control and abs are excellent.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JnpBxpU2a319liyIGCY5Cqg9c3ujpHZcaKB4Hy21tCZZRCGDxfkvT0iZsaPpBTfk