1 2 3
CJ
CJ Reader
11/10/18 11:04 a.m.

I'm a member of Meh-nsa. 

It's just like Mensa, but for dumb people...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/10/18 9:51 p.m.

I had 3 of these a little bit ago- I can remember two so far. 

I have an extra bone in my foot, according to the last orthopedic doc I saw. Why did I see that doc? Well, not only do I have an extra bone in my foot- I broke it. Twice. My right foot in fact- is more or less permanently injured unless I have surgery- hard pass on that. I get by with good shoes and painkillers. On that same note-

I had 5 wisdom teeth. When I got the uppers pulled like 10 years ago- they found a surprise one. They did not charge me extra. 

Oh the third! I believe I hold the standing record for single largest ban wave on a car forum. I made one of the mazda clubs so mad at me (I dragged the berkeley out of one of their more popular members for being an idiot,  and managed to do it without swears or name calling) that they banned me, and every single ip address I could have been associated with. I worked for a group that had 80k employees. Most of them didnt know it, but I got the entire corporation banned. Pretty sure they still are. That also extended to the group IP at my apt complex, and a few others. 

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin SuperDork
11/11/18 12:56 a.m.

I am really good at making E36 M3 go downhill. One of the best.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
11/11/18 1:43 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Hah! Add me to your club. I couldn't play a bass normally fer nuthin'...nor could I play leftie bass. Pathetic. But since I am only a dabbling leftie (is "ambiklutztrious" a thing? Cuz I'm that), I'll use that as my excuse.

I made a 6 string bass with a set of normal pickups, and a Lego brick-sized extra pickup that only caught the 3 highest strings, that went down one side of a  homebrew Y guitar cable to its own amp, so I could do sort-of  rhythm guitar 3-note chords and do a sort-of bass line at the same time. Showed it to our guitarist and he tried to make it work and that's when I realized my target market was.... exclusive. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/11/18 7:07 a.m.

One more-

In 1997 segas arcade division released a game called top skater. Pretty innovative for the time, it featured a board you stood on to simulate kick flips and nollies and the like. I'm reasonably certain (at least outside of japan- as I never played there) that I was one of if not the the top player in the world. I held records on every machine I played, including both coasts, (one was Disneyland at that). Most of the machines are long scrapped now, as they were an utter nightmare to maintain,  but if I ever find a running one, I still try- and still take the # 1 spot. I once won a tournament on it while eating an arbys roast beef sandwich- just to see if I could. 

Side note- this is how I discovered pennywise- one of my longstanding all time favorite bands. Sega had a good run with music back then, crazy taxi used both bad religion and the offspring. Maybe they had a deal with epitaph? 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
11/11/18 10:20 a.m.

Ah, early video games. I'd forgotten, I could play Ms Packman for 1-2 hours on a single quarter.

Edit-oh I guess I should add, there's not many people in the world that could take a green yearling and develop him into a racehorse.

That's me in my avatar.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D8FFAakdckgYQhVqR0ip8Q1i2pFtveD9S8A33RlarpGhuZC34Xh6NZBG4eC0dJ2Q