1 2
CJ
CJ HalfDork
12/12/19 11:25 p.m.

For brownies, these are great - Bakers Edge Brownie Pan.  Every piece has a crisp edge.  We have also used it for cornbread for the same reason.  I have read that some use it for lasagna, but we haven't... yet...

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/13/19 7:15 a.m.

Nordic ware.  

Made in minnesota. 

https://www.nordicware.com/

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/13/19 8:57 a.m.
CJ said:

For brownies, these are great - Bakers Edge Brownie Pan.  Every piece has a crisp edge.  We have also used it for cornbread for the same reason.  I have read that some use it for lasagna, but we haven't... yet...

I've seen these for years, but never knew how they impacted cooking time.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/13/19 8:58 a.m.
poopshovel again said:
1988RedT2 said:

Just for clarity's sake, for you people baking in cast iron:  Do you use cast iron to bake stuff like cakes, breads, and brownies?  Those are the things that I'm looking for a new metal pan to bake in.  I find that any recipe with a leavening agent does best in a metal pan.  About the only exception I have to this "rule" is that I do use my cast iron skillet, preheated in the oven with perhaps a tablespoon of oil, to make cornbread, which comes out fantastic.  Preheating tends to help brown up the outside nicely and compensates for the delay in coming up to temperature due to the  thickness of the iron. 

My biscuits went "next level" when I started using a pre-heated cast-iron skillet.

Would you mind sharing your recipe? 

If I made the better half biscuits and gravy, with homemade biscuits, I'm pretty sure I could get away with starting WWIII.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/13/19 10:50 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

I didn't need to see that site this morning. Got myself another Christmas present.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/13/19 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

They host cooking classes at the factory. I'm trying to get in there for one 

CJ
CJ Dork
1/12/23 12:21 a.m.

Brought back by canoe - nothing to see here... move along...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lqp8CBgzltXxiPY2ZuRPwgI2iibhAmHyqpafP6CVgSwSbUDAEJN2Cr5hKAPnKIgk