1 2 3
Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
5/14/16 2:25 p.m.

Pretty simple, state what you do for a living. Then tell us if you offer consultation to fellow GRM'rs.

I'll go first: household appliance repair. 12yrs experience. Yes I'll help you.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr SuperDork
5/14/16 2:26 p.m.

Manager of manufacturing engineers.

I can give advice on how to herd cats.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/14/16 2:29 p.m.

I restore pre-war luxury cars and exotics.

Yes, I will give advice.

Buy it finished and take care of it.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
5/14/16 2:30 p.m.

I'm a (journeyman) electrician, been topped out for about five years. Sure, I'll help where I can.

Edit: I guess I've done other stuff too. Tool and die work, Quality Manager in automotive industry, some health insurance work.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
5/14/16 2:34 p.m.

Bus Dispatcher. If you have questions on managing bus service, investigating incidents or any of the other nonsense I end up involved in ask away. The right answer is usually go back to school and learn something useful.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
5/14/16 2:35 p.m.

I'm a mental health clinician. Specializing in crisis intervention.

My best consultation I can provide is, If you think something ain't right, go see someone before it gets bad. Don't wait till your on the ledge.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
5/14/16 2:39 p.m.

Retired. Pay yourself first and you can be ,too.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
5/14/16 2:40 p.m.

Brake system engineer in Detroit, 22 years and counting. Yeah, I consult with GRM'ers regularly. But sometimes internet brake diagnosis becomes such a train wreck of misinformation so quickly, by the time I read a thread the switch man is sleeping and train hundred and two is on the wrong track and headed for you.

Antihero
Antihero Reader
5/14/16 2:42 p.m.

Construction guy primarily concrete but I do pretty much everything. I don't mind offering advice at all

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
5/14/16 2:43 p.m.

Pedestrian automatic doors. Like this:

Sales, service and installation. We do new construction and retrofits. Predominately in hospitals, medical offices and retail stores.

Be glad to help, though not many people have them at home.

No, I don't do garage doors.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
5/14/16 2:46 p.m.

I'm an Architect (not the computer programmer kind but the real McCoy).

Always willing to share and advise.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
5/14/16 2:46 p.m.

Locksmith.

No way, let all you unwashed masses inside the mystical art of securing doors and cracking safes?

Or, you know, sure. Ask away

revrico
revrico Reader
5/14/16 2:48 p.m.

Presently semi retired website developer wanna be. Past employment in commercial construction, hotel and apartment maintenance(high end and bottom of the barrel might as well be in a box), medicinal horticulture, fast food to 5 star kitchens, and a brief stint in retail sales. Often overlapping, construction/maintenance all day kitchen all night kind of things.

Happy to help with anything that I can.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
5/14/16 2:56 p.m.

I lecture on history, political science, and international relations at a local college. I am quite certain I can be of no use to anyone.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/14/16 3:06 p.m.

Ecommerce transportation and Final Mile delivery operations/strategy. Not sure how that could help people.

I've jumped a lot around in careers in manufacturing (Food, automotive, and aerospace). I'm pretty good at resumes, interview prep, and various assorted items associated with jumping around. I could help there.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
5/14/16 3:21 p.m.

I'm a laboratory automation engineer for a biotech company that does cancer genomics. My skills are pretty useless outside of that, but sure!

captdownshift
captdownshift UberDork
5/14/16 3:29 p.m.

Former a lot of things, with nothing currently. The most interesting of which would be working for a motorsport sanctioning body in procuring sponsorships, ensuring sponsorship deliverables are met, issues press releases, writing articles and producing video for media outlets, managing the series points championship, scheduling and planning the year end awards banquet and overseeing on track safety regulations and guidelines for race stewards and flagging and communications.

Advice, don't take a full time salary position where your bosses are weekend warrior volunteers with no vested interest or repercussions.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
5/14/16 3:33 p.m.

After 20 years of doing construction, specializing in foundation repair and waterproofing, I currently polish rocks for a living (barely) making less than I did in my first job out of high school.

Sure I'll help. (just don't ask me about making money, cause I don't know anything about that)

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
5/14/16 3:37 p.m.

4 years in a grocery store starting in high school which lead to
9 years with Coca-Cola initially delivery driver and then as Territory Manager. Advice: It's a young man's game. Even at 29 years old I felt I had aged out.

14 years as middle management in the cell phone industry mostly dealing with relationship of sales through third-party retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, kiosks in the mall, etc)
Advice: With tech, these are like dog years. A lot changes per year. When I started Motorola Star tac was all the rage. Digital was a new thing.

3 years now learning the Non Emergency Medical Transport business.
Advice: Don't be the lowest priced provider.

Varied experience and varied quality of the advice

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/14/16 3:38 p.m.

I'm a pharmacy technician and cannot legally give pharmaceutical advice.

On the other hand, I am a process server, private investigator, and surety recovery agent. I also have years of experience in physical security. On these fronts, yes I can and will give whatever advice I can.

Spent a year hosting a mediocre internet radio talk show, where I can tell you a whole lot about how to not run a show. Ask away.

If you need me for option one or two, you are probably up E36 M3 creek anyway.

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
5/14/16 3:38 p.m.

Data Analyst/SQL Developer in the insurance industry(primarily Workers Compensation). Previously ~14-years in the office-technology world. I'm also a small-business owner(PC repair/IT consulting/Antiques/misc.), and spent ~5-years on our village board. Not sure any of that would help anyone, but I'm glad to offer any advice/input I can.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
5/14/16 3:42 p.m.

Pest control technician aka exterminator. Any questions about bedbugs or rats I'm your man

captdownshift
captdownshift UberDork
5/14/16 3:45 p.m.

In reply to nepa03focus:

Those are 2 difficult ones. Rats are a often a lost cause unless you can get new neighbors.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
5/14/16 4:05 p.m.

Security systems, cctv, access control, alarms. Basically BTDT. Ask, I will try to help. Been doing it for 40 years.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy Dork
5/14/16 4:28 p.m.

Weldor, Shop Manager, Maintenance man, Fabricator/designer of industrial machines. These give me enough knowledge to be dangerous, but also, probably help others determine weather or not they are in the Danger Zone on the following: Structural and ornamental steel, Hydraulics, 3-phase electricity on down, Trailer loading and design, OSHA stuff, and probably some more.

In the past, I have run the gamut from dishwasher to Automotive mechanic, Ditch digger to Finishing tour bus interiors.

I know very little about a great many things. I'm still humbled by the knowledge on this board. It would be my pleasure to help anyone I can.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aJxr0KtnBXY279Paulg8nMCrpTJ04xR18XNuaILxxYrX0xi0RuV87L4x9TVwG99E