6 7 8 9 10
SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
6/30/14 2:54 p.m.
Ashyukun wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Big Trouble in Little China was complete dreck. But it's so bad that you can't help but watch the damn thing. I'll never understand how it got a 78 rottentomatoes.com rating.
Eh? Big Trouble in Little China is a RIOT. It's one of those that is intentionally playing all the tropes to their best. All the more once you realize that Kurt Russell's character is pretty much the classic sidekick but believes he's actually the hero.

Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all time favorite movies. My family has a yearly viewing of this movie... we watched it a few weeks back. Kurt Russell is awesome in this one.

Also, I cannot understand why there was never a video game adaptation of this movie. It would have been PERFECT as an 8-bit side scrolling beat-em-up like Double Dragon. Someone should make that happen and release it on Xbox Live/PSN/Steam.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
6/30/14 2:57 p.m.
nderwater wrote: The Secret of the Ooze was terrible, but it turns out that there was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III 'Turtles in Time' film that's even worse.

As a kid, I liked the first two TMNT movies. How could you not like the Ninja Rap by Vanilla Ice? But I remember getting dragged to the 3rd one and hating it. I remember going with a friend and his little brother to the theater and we were supposed to go see The Sandlot. His little brother started crying and demanded we see TMNT III. It sucked hard.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/30/14 5:15 p.m.

Oh man. Anytime people bring up bad movies, I can usually trump them by saying I saw Super Mario Brothers-IN THE THEATER!

Will
Will SuperDork
6/30/14 9:35 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Big Trouble in Little China was complete dreck. But it's so bad that you can't help but watch the damn thing. I'll never understand how it got a 78 rottentomatoes.com rating.

Ol' Jack always says... what the hell?

John Carpenter and Kurt Russell can do no wrong.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/30/14 9:41 p.m.

Shut your filthy whore mouth!

Curmudgeon wrote: Big Trouble in Little China was complete dreck.
Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/30/14 11:01 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Oh man. Anytime people bring up bad movies, I can usually trump them by saying I saw Super Mario Brothers-IN THE THEATER!

Hmm... I saw Showgirls... although with the disclaimer I didn't pay for the privilege (part of the previously mentioned trailer-check gig).

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
7/1/14 8:07 a.m.

End of thread.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
7/1/14 9:31 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Nope not end of thread

oh and not to mention basically ANY movie with Will Ferrell as a leading character.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
7/1/14 9:42 a.m.

I have to second Manos: the Hands of Fate. I wanted to punch my eyes out, despite it being the MST3k edition.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/1/14 9:46 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: oh and not to mention basically ANY movie with Will Ferrell as a leading character.

Wow, I thought I was the only person who thought this. I will alert you to an exception, however: watch a movie called Everything Must Go. Maybe because it's not really a comedy, or what, but he's actually tolerable and even a little sympathetic in it. Other than that I can't stand him - everybody loves Elf but I just hate every moment of it, from start to finish.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
7/1/14 10:22 a.m.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/1/14 10:31 a.m.
Duke wrote: *Nothing But Trouble* was nothing but *Heathers* 20 years later, with 20 years older (and dumber) characters, and 15 years after *Heathers* stopped being cool and anti-whatever.

I'm entirely confused and fascinated by whatever connection you see between those movies. 'Cause I don't see it.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
7/1/14 10:44 a.m.

Christian Slater serves as the anti-establishment 'bad boy' who leads a bunch of innocent whitebread suburban-normal sheep into a world of debauchery, rebellion, and murder.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/1/14 10:59 a.m.
racerfink wrote: End of thread.

Took my wife to see this at the theater when we first started dating. 12 years later she still won't let me pick movies..

God it was bad. I was laughing at the acting and plot through the whole movie.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
7/1/14 11:09 a.m.
racerfink wrote: End of thread.

Again I actually kinda liked that movie too

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
7/1/14 11:12 a.m.
Duke wrote: Christian Slater serves as the anti-establishment 'bad boy' who leads a bunch of innocent whitebread suburban-normal sheep into a world of debauchery, rebellion, and murder.

Pump up the volume? I like a lot of Christian Slaters early stuff, I have Gleaming the cube on dvd along with Kuffs, both are personal favorites

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
7/1/14 11:26 a.m.

Here is another turd that I saw in the theater (I cannot remember why, but I did):

This was at the height of Dane Cook madness. All I remember is that his character worked at a Costco-style store and... that's about it. It was just awful.

slow
slow Reader
7/1/14 11:31 a.m.

98% of Bollywood movies.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/1/14 12:38 p.m.
Duke wrote: Christian Slater serves as the anti-establishment 'bad boy' who leads a bunch of innocent whitebread suburban-normal sheep into a world of debauchery, rebellion, and murder.

I don't see how that has anything to do with Nothing but Trouble. Honestly. Heathers and Nothing but Trouble have basically nothing in common.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
7/1/14 12:45 p.m.
nderwater wrote:

Just the thought of this movie makes me nauseous.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
7/1/14 1:11 p.m.

70s biker movies - mostly interchangeable with each other

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/1/14 1:39 p.m.

Star Wars Episode 1 --- horrible trash--- Jar Jar binks anyone?

Of course I also think the first Star Wars movie may be the most over-rated film ever made.

ducking and hiding from rabid Star Wars nerds......

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/1/14 1:51 p.m.

No, you're right. I've seen it exactly once. Opening day. I'm a big time Star Wars fan, but berk that noise, man.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
7/1/14 2:03 p.m.

Star Wars Episodes I-III were all pretty bad. I have a hard time watching them. The newest Indiana Jones was not great either. I'm glad George Lucas is less involved from here on out.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
7/1/14 2:16 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: I'm glad George Lucas is less involved from here on out.

Agreed. I don't care about the franchise, but will probably end up seeing them eventually and could use a lot less of his tinkering.

6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Irg2hJQzI5L9hQ2N13VN72kFqmj29KvrJmi5A6kwObFDq3DCHPTImbsDu4bizYZ