3 4 5
Woody
Woody UltimaDork
7/7/12 9:21 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I'm going to briefly put my troll hat on and offer this dilemma: The Smart and the Honda Ridgeline are the only vehicles for sale. You have to buy one of them. Which would you buy?

Well, I can't plow snow with a Smart car either, so I guess I'll take the Ridgeline.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
7/7/12 9:37 a.m.
vwcorvette wrote: I have a hard time believing many people are getting below 40 mpg. Ours only does that when I drive it like a jackoff. And as for usabilty do I need to find the picture of our car with my goalie gear and sticks in back? Or with our 80 lb greyhound? It is immensely good for what we ask of it. If we wanted to pay more for a car cause it has an unneeded ( to us) back seat then we would have gotten a Yaris. When I ned to haul stuff I use the Jetta wagon. For great sunny days it's the 75 Vette. I'm not asking you to love the car, but the hatred for this care is hyperbolic at times. And some cheap cabernets are really good. Most couldn't tell the difference blindfolded.

Sorry for the delay, been looking at houses for my job switch this month.

I don't hate, funny Dr Suess aside, I just think instead of the current line up, they could have added the back seats and made a very good little commuter car for people who want a 4 seat city. That would put it into a broader market and have more market appeal to the masses and not the niche crowd it is in now.

If you are going to do something that different, you might as well give it the opportunity to succeed in every possible way.

Then you would have a true smart 4-4 instead of a smart 4-2. And by market I mean young professional families and by succeed I mean put it my driveway.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/7/12 10:04 a.m.

I'd drive a Smart in a heartbeat, but I'm not a fair example.

JThw8 and I have swapped so many cars that I think we have identical DNA. I'm really just a JThw8 wannabe, so I am OK if my vote doesn't count at all.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
7/7/12 12:15 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: I'm going to briefly put my troll hat on and offer this dilemma: The Smart and the Honda Ridgeline are the only vehicles for sale. You have to buy one of them. Which would you buy?

The Smart, if it was for my commute.

The Ridgeline, if I were replacing the Chevy C10 or the wife's Camry, or transporting a bomb to blow up whatever tyrant was responsible for this dystopia.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
7/7/12 12:44 p.m.

Ridgeline. I've actually considered buying one. The Smart I could consider only if I took a significant blow to the head.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
7/8/12 12:07 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
vwcorvette wrote: I have a hard time believing many people are getting below 40 mpg. Ours only does that when I drive it like a jackoff. And as for usabilty do I need to find the picture of our car with my goalie gear and sticks in back? Or with our 80 lb greyhound? It is immensely good for what we ask of it. If we wanted to pay more for a car cause it has an unneeded ( to us) back seat then we would have gotten a Yaris. When I ned to haul stuff I use the Jetta wagon. For great sunny days it's the 75 Vette. I'm not asking you to love the car, but the hatred for this care is hyperbolic at times. And some cheap cabernets are really good. Most couldn't tell the difference blindfolded.
Sorry for the delay, been looking at houses for my job switch this month. I don't hate, funny Dr Suess aside, I just think instead of the current line up, they could have added the back seats and made a very good little commuter car for people who want a 4 seat city. That would put it into a broader market and have more market appeal to the masses and not the niche crowd it is in now. If you are going to do something that different, you might as well give it the opportunity to succeed in every possible way. Then you would have a true smart 4-4 instead of a smart 4-2. And by market I mean young professional families and by succeed I mean put it my driveway.

Oh, you mean the iQ?

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
7/8/12 12:53 a.m.

And picking one, Smart. I cant afford a ridgeline or gas for it.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
7/8/12 7:52 a.m.

In reply to neon4891:

yes iQ

Knurled
Knurled SuperDork
7/8/12 11:52 a.m.

I don't require a forklift to get out of bed, so I'd get the Smart.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qYbbRxTdsvEybqbou2R9EQjLC3vhGFDjJ2VfyTThVvqEltWCiYE7poDIPc2XYt9P