The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
5/17/18 12:37 p.m.
kazoospec said:

The smell of model glue is good for the soul, the brain . . . not so much.

The red stuff smells better than the toxin free blue stuff.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/17/18 1:35 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

It’s “Laurel”.  Anything else is delusional.

Yammi

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/17/18 2:11 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Excellent retort Margie.  

Joe was pretty harsh with his opinions, especially the middle one.  

As for the other GRM staffer, I am trolling joe for closing my FLOTUS thread.  Do me a big solid and delete that thread, because I get really POed every time I see it.   

First of all, I have no idea what a FLOTUS is..... sorry if my anachronisim-fu isn't up to snuff.   Secondly, the reason I injected the "This board doesn't know e36 m3 about music" , is because it's just plain silly for folks to be saying that this band is terrible, this band is great.  We all have our tastes, and when you try to inflict your tastes on others, it's just stupid------  hence---- my post.   Besides, this entire thread  is full of snarky retorts.   Methinks you may be taking things a bit too seriously. 

And yes.....I'll smile and politely speak with you while bleeding.  It just won't be my heart that bleeds.    

edit--- ok, the First Lady thread.   Yeah, I didn't shut that down, but I'm glad we can move on from here.....

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/17/18 5:17 p.m.
The0retical said:
kazoospec said:

The smell of model glue is good for the soul, the brain . . . not so much.

The red stuff smells better than the toxin free blue stuff.

For the record, I never intentionally huffed or inhaled the stuff.  After my mom passed, I found my old photo album at my parent's house.  There's a pic in there of me in the middle of a marathon building session at probably age 10 or 11.  I was slapping together a Blue Angel's A-4 to use as a 3D model for a drawing project and was basically gluing the whole thing together without painting, sanding, etc.  As a result, I'd been gluing . . . for a long time . . . indoors.  Bless her pure soul, my mom's caption was something like "Dan loves building models".  I looked at the pic and saw this:  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/18/18 12:07 a.m.

We all knew the First Lady thread would have been a dumpster fire. It's death was merciful.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/18/18 7:59 a.m.

If it's a paranoid, identity-themed technological thriller set in a not-too-distant dystopian future, it's probably based on a Phillip K Dick story.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/22/18 7:34 p.m.

Avantis were never pretty cars.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/22/18 7:43 p.m.

Nurse scrubs make almost anybody better looking. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/22/18 8:10 p.m.
Crxpilot said:

Avantis were never pretty cars.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!  Or face the wrath of Raymond Loewy's ghost:

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
5/22/18 8:46 p.m.

Some race and sex based jokes are actually pretty funny-there, I said it

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
5/22/18 9:47 p.m.

Women are right.  

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/23/18 7:24 a.m.

I can't taste the difference between cheap and expensive coffee, unless somebody's put spices in it or over-roasted the beans to the point it tastes like charcoal.

Will
Will UltraDork
5/27/18 11:56 a.m.

Neither the Grand Prix of Monaco nor the Indy 500 is a particularly exciting race, but we watch them anyway because it's Monaco and Indy.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/27/18 12:32 p.m.

Anthrax was better during the John Bush years.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill PowerDork
5/28/18 3:28 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:
Brett_Murphy said:
pinchvalve said:

I can mow right along a fence with EITHER side of the mower and slip it into a narrow spot in the shed WITHOUT removing the bag.  

You have to use a bag, though. That's losing, right there.

I have a rear discharge and don't use a bag. I don't even have a bag. 

You must not have a dog either. laugh

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill PowerDork
5/28/18 7:27 a.m.

^ It was either that or "you should see a doctor about that"

I'm still not sure

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/28/18 9:56 a.m.

Toronto Motorsports Park has an incredibly dishonest name. It is closer to Buffalo, NY than Toronto, ON. Sure, most people won't know where the hell Fisherville or Cayuga is, but even "Niagara Motorsports Park" would be a substantial improvement.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
5/28/18 10:37 a.m.

TMP is a relatively new thing. As I was growing up it was called Cayuga dragway park and run by a good friend of mine and his family.

But you're right. It has nothing to do with Toronto.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
5/28/18 12:21 p.m.

Every song you hear on the radio is drivel.

The best music you'll ever here, you'll never hear.

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
5/28/18 1:28 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

It is so far from Toronto, that there is a CFL team that has a heated rivalry -with Toronto's CFL team- between Toronto Motorsports Park and Toronto.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/28/18 6:51 p.m.

Everybody knows that we worked on cars for many years without ratcheting wrenches. However nobody is willing to admit that they're the first wrench they reach for now.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
5/29/18 4:24 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Everybody knows that we worked on cars for many years without ratcheting wrenches. However nobody is willing to admit that they're the first wrench they reach for now.

I will happily admit that. I have more than one set even. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/29/18 6:08 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker said:
kazoospec said:

Here's my entry:  Last night, I wasn't feeling well and there was literally NOTHING on TV, so I ended up watching "The Horse Soldiers" on AMC.

John Wayne is a terrible actor.  One of the worst I've ever seen. 

Charleston Heston was worse than John Wayne.

Watched "Midway" last night.  You might be right. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
5/29/18 6:10 a.m.
Grizz said:

Anthrax was better during the John Bush years.

Agreed.  I have been in several music nerd arguments with friends over this topic and my stance has always been John Bush is better.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/29/18 6:13 a.m.

You check your work before you flush. It's a rule. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m1jmJUsrVkNLBiFDb7Nh2cfbUiGY8bKDCA3Yjw2kSUctFTm5ToG3vG1fjdVv47ws