iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
2/7/19 11:10 a.m.

I read on the internet  that everyone on the interstates drive at 50 mph ove the speed limit.

I drive 10 over,75 in most places,   don't get passed much.

I read of the death of sedans, yet I read surveys that say they ae still healthy.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/7/19 11:18 a.m.

Lately, it seems wherever I am, I happen to run up on someone doing 10 or 20 mph under the speed limit/general flow of traffic.  Are they hypermiling?  Texting?  Really, really old?

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
2/7/19 11:28 a.m.

My father-in-law insists on going the speed limit, no faster, but 75mph here in AZ trips him up. It's too fast, he says. 

He get defensive when I say that old people are just as dangerous on the roads as young people going too fast. 

Yet he admits that he goes slow because his reaction times are slow. 

Hmmm...

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
2/7/19 11:30 a.m.

"To avoid serious injury or death...." Our Kubota tractor has at least 4 of these stickers. Every time I see one of these notices on a piece of equipment I'm going, "No e36 m3. Really? Hell, let me try it anyway"

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/7/19 11:33 a.m.

In reply to pheller :

He has a legal right to drive and he's smart enough to know his abilities and adjust his driving style to accommodate them.  A lot of young people just assume they're Superman and do immensely stupid things and screw up because, as it turns out, they're not.

Age-ism is not a virtue.  Now get off my lawn!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/7/19 3:32 p.m.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
2/7/19 5:03 p.m.

There are exceptions  cool

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/7/19 7:33 p.m.

Yesterday I was reading the nutrition fact information on the back of a Tic-Tac box.  I wondered why they even bother.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/7/19 7:45 p.m.
iceracer said:

I read on the internet  that everyone on the interstates drive at 50 mph ove the speed limit.

That would be terrifying. People already can't merge at speed as it is.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/8/19 6:31 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

Yesterday I was reading the nutrition fact information on the back of a Tic-Tac box.  I wondered why they even bother.

That makes me very happy.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to find stuff with no sodium? And, I like tic tac.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/8/19 7:08 a.m.

Serving size: 1???

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
djs7LdaHw6UOcQFzZ9FDefgA5RWA4g1gaO6bcqSHZjkndGYupXf6TspC1ulwn8ye