dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/20/22 11:12 p.m.

Mrs. Dx has a conference in College Park Maryland next weekend and I'll have some time to kill Saturday and maybe part of Sunday. Any worthwhile recommendations? I'm already booked to do the Guinness tour near Baltimore around 4:30 pm Saturday.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/21/22 5:15 a.m.

If it's going to be nice, patuxent wildlife research area is close by and is a nice spot. Check to see if the lacrosse team has a home game on Saturday, they're really good this year. Apply to be the men's basketball coach. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/21/22 7:40 a.m.

Get the Big B breakfast at the College Park Diner! And all the things Capt listed.

Uncle David (Forum Supporter)
Uncle David (Forum Supporter) Reader
3/21/22 10:04 p.m.

The College Park Airport has a nice little museum.  Also, Goddard Space Flight Center is moderately close and they have a museum too.  And, closer to the Guinness tour, NSA has a cryptology museum.

You can also just take the Metro into DC and do DC stuff.  There's a station within walking distance of the campus.

Poke around on the UMD website or related sites and see what is happening on campus (I'm thinking of events that the public can attend. There's always something, and it's not all sports )

I agree with Captdownshift about Patuxent Wildlife Center.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/31/22 7:20 a.m.

I ended up going to Franklin's in Hyattsville Friday night, Guinness Brewery Saturday and Vigilante Coffee and the College Park Aviation Museum on Sunday. Thanks all for suggestions. The UM campus is very big itself as I had to shuttle Mrs DX most of the weekend to her functions.

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) Reader
3/31/22 4:27 p.m.

When I read the title I was going to say get out, until I saw you meant Maryland, not Georgia.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
4/1/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to tomtomgt356 (Tommy) :

hahaha. I had the same thought. oh you're in college park GA? Is your car still there? Get in it and leave. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/1/22 9:05 a.m.

UMD students?

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/1/22 10:25 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/1/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Hey, how'd you find that video of Mrs. VCH?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/23 11:52 a.m.

update:  men's basketball head coach position has been filled.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/23/23 3:36 p.m.

If you are a musician or know any, Atomic Music is awesome.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UberDork
3/23/23 4:18 p.m.
lnlogauge said:

In reply to tomtomgt356 (Tommy) :

hahaha. I had the same thought. oh you're in college park GA? Is your car still there? Get in it and leave. 

Hey now, I used to live nearby in East Point... so what you want to do is make sure you leave in the westward direction and don't stop til you're well outside 285.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
3/23/23 8:07 p.m.
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) said:

When I read the title I was going to say get out, until I saw you meant Maryland, not Georgia.

Funny, I did assume he meant Maryland and I was still going to say Get Out.   :) 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
79WHtDkan36csBF4yB9MPshe8qcFlwHVg3792mnkJBUGNSvWcTQZIa5P0fYh98m6