John Welsh Mod Squad
9/5/18 6:19 p.m.
Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
9/6/18 8:04 a.m.
lnlogauge said:
RevRico said:

I have the android one Motorola X4.

It's decent enough, but I despise that the battery isn't replaceable. After almost a year the battery is staying to show its age, but the phone has been flawless. No bloatware, the internal memory is a bit berkeleyy in my opinion, but it's a good phone. 

what phone made in the last 10 years has a removable battery?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+Moto+X4+Battery+Replacement/103231

You know... I stressed over this as well.  I really wanted a removable battery, but in my entire history of owning android phones I never purchased a second battery.  My thought was that if the battery starts to crap out I can always get a new one.  The only battery I had that crapped out was the one in my S5, and even then it wasn't that bad.  I finally replaced it because the screen backlight was flickering and quitting.  I stopped stressing about a removable battery.

The other nice side effect of a permanent battery is far better water resistance.  I used my Pixel 2 to shoot some video underwater this summer.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
9/6/18 10:34 a.m.

On a somewhat related note of unlocked phones: 

So far, both of my wife's iPhone 5's have died in a similar way. Both had logic boards that crapped out. 

At this point, I'd actually prefer to have a phone where the battery dies but everything else is somewhat reliable. Screen and battery replacement is cheap compared to buying a completely new phone.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GKZPcQ3NkyQfybcMSJG1Fl4SSjo1wlivT5HC4x0DA1XPTW94FccQMKUWD9a3d99K