Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/16/18 6:48 p.m.

Received this email from a company I ordered from. It wasn't a large order, just a batter dispenser kit. 

Dear Allen,

After you bought our Utilwise Baking Bundle we went outside and danced with complete abandon. You might think that it's a sufficient celebration, but we didn’t stop there. No — we baked a casserole for a sick relative, called a long lost friend, organized a protest in defense of the helpless, and generally smiled at a few more people during our day-to-day chores. 

Please contact us if you are having any problems or just want to say hello. Or you may simply reply to this e-mail.

We have attached a small gift for you! An awesome eBook with great recipes that you can try with your new Utilwise Dispenser. We hope you will love it :-)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some of our customers faced an issue when dispensing thick batter. I would like to mention that the Spatula that came with the dispenser is ideal to help pouring more dense batter. Simply stir your mix while pouring with the Spatula. If for any reason you are still having issue with thick batter PLEASE reach back to us here by replying to this email and we will find you a solution. 

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Philips

Utilwise

I like them. I'll order from them again the next time I need any cooking stuff. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/16/18 6:49 p.m.

And the recipes look to be pretty tasty as well. 

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/16/18 8:31 p.m.

What does this gizmo do? The first step to your own pancake robot?

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/17/18 6:50 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
9/17/18 7:41 a.m.

Isn't actual customer service amazing?  We have advertisers on GRM that live this life, for which we are thankful.

I had two occasions in the last year (from Autoparts land) that are worth noting.

Ground Control - Warrantied a camber plate I bought second hand of the interwebz.  I had called just to order the damaged component as it was buyer beware from my side.  They stood by their product and have a customer for life.

Improved Racing - I'm mid-LS build and decided that I ought to add a crank scraper and windage tray for longevity while I was at it.  I found their goodies on a large parts dealer and then decided I wanted to check out their website.  As the parts were the same price directly, I thought they ought to get the whole sale instead of the other guys getting a piece.  When I reached out to them they were super helpful and shipped everything quickly.  When it arrived it had a thank you note and lots of swag in the box. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/17/18 9:22 a.m.

I spent 4 days trying (unsuccessfully) trying to get Verizon to fix my home router.  Then I argued with AT&T wireless for a few hours trying to get a new phone.  I gave up on both these customer service nightmares, went to the Apple Store and bought a router and phone myself.  The phone had a bad pixel.  I called Apple Support, got right through, they scheduled me at the local store, and they swapped my new phone for an even better new phone.  Set it up for me too.  In and out in 30 minutes with the only wait being the phone setup. This is why I love Apple and hate pretty much everyone else in my digital world. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/17/18 10:10 a.m.

I'm sure it's a canned response, but I love when companies have a since of humor. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/18/18 6:59 a.m.

Even without the EBook, that's a great letter.

Just got an estimate to repair a 10 X 10 ft. shed roof; $3,000.  Took two weeks when they said two days , maybe I'll use your wording.

Dan

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/21/18 3:55 p.m.

Looks like it's catching on

Late ninja edit: if you use your food saver a lot like I do, this place is for bags.

Food saver brand $40 for 36 feet of expandable roll. This company, $44 for 100 feet of expandable roll

Mike
Mike SuperDork
9/22/18 7:29 a.m.

I have been into pens lately, and I've been buying from Goulet Pens. They ship very quickly, each package has a hand-written thank you note, and replies to any email from them always go to a human who provides a real answer within a business day. 

It's amazing, right?

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
9/23/18 6:27 a.m.

Did that go with the purged 'stuff'?

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/23/18 8:48 a.m.

In reply to 68TR250 :

Not yet. I haven't started on the house. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NCdqdKuRl0cWJ7AL5efb5uTwdntSlBDgQGCNJf5NU7XZfCm8YcupWeGoLsVu7kBf