Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
2/15/21 2:29 p.m.
Karacticus said:

TIL that treating diesel fuel with the "storage" amount of treatment is not enough for the tractor to carry any kind of load when it's colder than -10F.

Actually, TIL that being less than 3 weeks post-op a total shoulder replacement, having COVID (quarantined, but recovering, fingers crossed) and having the lane drifted shut at the vet clinic and the guys we hire to clear it stuck in the middle of it, is all really just a bit much.

Today I also learned that there's a difference between diesel fuel stabilizer and the additive that keeps the fuel from gelling. indecision

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/15/21 2:34 p.m.

TIL that when my 6 y.o. son is nervous about going down a new waterslide he sings Toto's Hold the Line! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/15/21 2:38 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Power SOlutions Diesel 9-1-1 is what we've been using for service calls.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/15/21 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Keep in mind, too,  that not all trades involve hard work

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/15/21 3:58 p.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Keep in mind, too,  that not all trades involve hard work

I don't disagree but to some anything above being a checker is hard work.

I do concrete, something like say...... painting is almost a vacation to me lol

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
2/15/21 7:29 p.m.

TIL that there is such a thing as an Acoustic Windshield

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/16/21 2:22 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

TIL that the acoustic windshield that came in my truck was replaced with a non-acoustic windshield when it was a month old.sad

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/16/21 3:53 p.m.

Today I learned Yamaha made a motorcyle that wants to kill you more than the FZ-09... the MT-10. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/16/21 4:23 p.m.

TIL that upper management of my employer is as bad as I thought...

I am experiencing very unique & specific symptoms of a recent pandemic. Got a negative test result. Have no other explanation for unusual symptoms. Don't want to put coworkers at risk if test result is inaccurate, but don't want to burn 2 weeks of leave if test results are accurate. I can do my job from home as demonstrated by WFH for approx 6 months last year. "Not eligible to WFH while experiencing symptoms, but encouraged to remain on leave while experiencing symptoms." Was the response to my request to compromise & do what would be in everyone's best interest.  Tempted to say "FU in the anus!" and go to the office tomorrow. I have a negative test result, so they won't send me home because they will embrace "policy" which technically says I should have come to work today...

Would be ironic if I went to work tomorrow & got canned for not coming in today.  Would also probably lead to a legal proceeding...

This probably should have gone in the "rant" thread.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/16/21 4:30 p.m.

TIL that there's something called a cheese head screw

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
2/16/21 5:45 p.m.
Karacticus said:
Karacticus said:

TIL that treating diesel fuel with the "storage" amount of treatment is not enough for the tractor to carry any kind of load when it's colder than -10F.

Actually, TIL that being less than 3 weeks post-op a total shoulder replacement, having COVID (quarantined, but recovering, fingers crossed) and having the lane drifted shut at the vet clinic and the guys we hire to clear it stuck in the middle of it, is all really just a bit much.

Today I also learned that there's a difference between diesel fuel stabilizer and the additive that keeps the fuel from gelling. indecision

With a high approaching 10 F today, the tractor ran just fine!  Almost t shirt and shirts weather!

Pushed some snow around with the loader, but it's banked high enough that it was only slightly more effective than using a spoon.  Will mostly need to count on the thaw forecast to start over the weekend. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/17/21 6:10 a.m.

TIL that I'm too old to enlist in the United States Space Force.

(must complete basic training before your 40th birthday).

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/17/21 7:21 a.m.

TIL the word "hexalobular".  Think Torx.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/17/21 7:26 a.m.

Thanks for this! I didn't know this was a thing. My daughter told me a couple of days ago that she's getting the windshield in her Explorer replaced, so I just let her know to look. Sure enough, she needs the acoustic glass.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/17/21 7:32 a.m.

My '13 F150 has the acoustic glass. I suspect it's one of the reasons the truck is astoundingly quiet on the interstate. It's quieter than the wife's Mazda 6.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/17/21 7:35 a.m.

TIL that I'm too old to enlist in the United States Space Force.

(must complete basic training before your 40th birthday).

But I already have the patch :(

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
2/17/21 7:54 a.m.

TIL that disassembling LEGO is almost (but not quite) as much fun as putting them together. One of the sets I picked up for myself for my birthday came mostly assembled from the seller (it's an OOP set), and since most of the fun is in putting them together I set about breaking it down last night, and found that it was surprisingly enjoyable. Of course, I also know that I have at least mild ADD, so it giving my hands something to do that was remotely constructive (or rather, deconstructive) was at least part of that.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/17/21 7:54 a.m.
Peabody said:

TIL that there's something called a cheese head screw

Pan cheese too. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/17/21 4:22 p.m.

TIL that the term for a 250th anniversary is a semiquincentennial

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/17/21 4:58 p.m.
Karacticus said:
Karacticus said:

I was wondering what you were getting at...

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
2/17/21 5:20 p.m.

TIL It's easier to cut off discourse in the name of arbitrary civility than it is to seek and learn truth.  In this new digital age, the last word wins and becomes recorded history.  Try to look past what digital gatekeepers want you to know and learn real, vetted truth for yourself.  

Today I learned that Cindy McCain, wife of the late John McCain has been a drifter since at least 2004.

A drifter. Like with a 240sx and everything. 

Never have I ever

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
2/21/21 2:21 p.m.
Karacticus said:
Karacticus said:

Used to be called kerosene.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/21/21 6:09 p.m.

TIL that some LM4s came with Gen IV full floating rods.  2005 only.

Of course, the salvage yards want $500-600 for a '03-04 LM4 but $1200+ for an '05.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
2/22/21 12:52 p.m.

TIL that there is a new National Park in West Virginia. It's being upgraded from a National River Preserve into a full fledged park.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1TncZiGW7cfaVDsQddCYmdmUEJKKr66p2AZRRlGilz5T0KvIELXeBh6NGSJwi3pg