Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/7/22 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Honda still uses the same spin on filters they have used since the 90s or so.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/8/22 9:44 a.m.

Japanese Kit-Kats come in 21 different flavors.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
12/12/22 3:31 p.m.

TIL that there's absolutely nothing stopping dead people from ordering a copy of their own death certificate:

I imagine this has something to do with correcting false death certificates but on first glance I was all like WTF did I just read.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/13/22 2:05 a.m.

Today I found the first Focus wagon in a junkyard. The beauty of the junkyard is you can teach yourself disassembly with zmzero risk to you own vehicle.

TIL how the wiring harness is routed and the location of the harness plugs in the hatch of said wagon.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/13/22 9:18 p.m.

I ordered a bathroom scale because I'm a fat ass and need to lose weight.  I just weighed myself before a piss and after and I lost 1.2 pounds.  Doing the math that's 2 cups.  Seems legit. 

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
12/13/22 10:34 p.m.

A few days ago I learned that the police in York Region (the urban area immediately north of Toronto) have at least one unmarked Mazda 6 in their fleet. (There was a news photo of an Incident involving a shoot-out with home invasion suspects.) Seems like an outlier choice.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/14/22 7:31 a.m.
Stealthtercel said:

A few days ago I learned that the police in York Region (the urban area immediately north of Toronto) have at least one unmarked Mazda 6 in their fleet. (There was a news photo of an Incident involving a shoot-out with home invasion suspects.) Seems like an outlier choice.

Saskatoon has a few unmarked pickup trucks.  They fit right in around here.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/14/22 8:02 a.m.

TIL that the first woman to compete in the All Japan Grand Touring Championship did so in a Toyota Cavalier.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/14/22 8:46 a.m.
Stealthtercel said:

When I was living in the awful city of Burlington in the 80's they had unmarked Volvos for traffic duty

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/14/22 9:56 a.m.
Peabody said:
Stealthtercel said:

When I was living in the awful city of Burlington in the 80's they had unmarked Volvos for traffic duty

It wasn't for traffic duty, but when my dad's business was getting broken into regularly, the cops staking it out used a variety of seized cars from drug busts.

In movies and on TV, it seems like when they need a cop car in England they just go buy whatever is a good deal and available in white, stick blue and yellow checkerboards on it, and call it a cop car.  From my one trip to England, that doesn't seem far from the truth.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/14/22 10:01 a.m.

On the British TV show PW watches the cop cars are Volvos...

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/14/22 11:12 a.m.
Duke said:
Peabody said:
Stealthtercel said:

It wasn't for traffic duty, but when my dad's business was getting broken into regularly, the cops staking it out used a variety of seized cars from drug busts.

In movies and on TV, it seems like when they need a cop car in England they just go buy whatever is a good deal and available in white, stick blue and yellow checkerboards on it, and call it a cop car.  From my one trip to England, that doesn't seem far from the truth.

When I lived in Kankakee, Il they used seizures for undercover cars all the time. KaMeg was always driving cool crap.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/14/22 1:48 p.m.
Stampie said:

I ordered a bathroom scale because I'm a fat ass and need to lose weight.  I just weighed myself before a piss and after and I lost 1.2 pounds.  Doing the math that's 2 cups.  Seems legit. 

My record is 5.6 pounds

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
12/14/22 2:15 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Stampie said:

My record is 5.6 pounds

That's 89.6 ounces and the generally agreed capacity of a healthy adult bladder is 16 ounces...I'm thinking solids were involved.

Added later...

My brother and sister in-law's guest bathroom is in direct line with the area everybody gathers in during holiday visits.

Tile flooring and a half inch gap under the bathroom door means that everybody can hear everything that's going on in the bathroom.

So, one year I hid a big water pitcher (say sixty ounces) in the bathroom sink cabinet and later went into the bathroom, filled the pitcher with water and poured about half of it into the toilet at a rate that would impress a race horse.

I noticed that the outside room became silent for a few moments but as soon as people started talking again, I poured the rest out at the same rate.

I thought I'd share this easy, cheap, fun little prank since holiday gathers are coming up.    

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/14/22 2:20 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Nope.

I could barely walk and I hurt a lot afterwards from the "empty".

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
12/14/22 2:28 p.m.
chandler said:
Duke said:
Peabody said:
Stealthtercel said:

When I lived in Kankakee, Il they used seizures for undercover cars all the time. KaMeg was always driving cool crap.

NCPD will also use seizures. One day they'd be driving a truck. The next would be a minivan. Then maybe a station wagon. You never can tell what you will see with blue lights on it.   

They drive them until the officers destroy them or people start recognizing them. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/22 12:33 a.m.

TIL the Cobra used in The Hollywood Knights was driven by its owner. Norman Lee wouldn't let anyone else. It was also packing a Holman-Moody 427 cammer.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/16/22 8:50 a.m.

TIL that the Melvins' bassist is Shirley Temple's daughter.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/16/22 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That reminds me, I need to go and rewatch it.  It's been a while.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/22 11:04 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Laurence.

Laurence of Araaaaabiaaaa.

Hes an English guyyyyy.

He came to fight the Turkish.

Meep, meep.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/16/22 11:14 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

What I want to know is how the hell did they fit a Cammer in a Cobra?

calteg
calteg SuperDork
12/16/22 1:08 p.m.

Went to the Ford museum in Oct. Imagine my surprise to find the Ferrari 250 GT from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Turns out it's a kit car with a Ford drivetrain. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/16/22 1:24 p.m.
calteg said:

Went to the Ford museum in Oct. Imagine my surprise to find the Ferrari 250 GT from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Turns out it's a kit car with a Ford drivetrain. 

There is also one in the AACA museum in Hershey PA.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/16/22 1:39 p.m.
NickD said:

In reply to Appleseed :

What I want to know is how the hell did they fit a Cammer in a Cobra?

Adjusting the valves does not look fun.

Adasin87
Adasin87 New Reader
12/16/22 3:23 p.m.

Went to an auction show featuring a 1995 ford and was amazed to see staff working in synthwave-hoodies.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
shrtIVSwqkMgpII0NN0OGk9MtA5CcA9VU4udkpHRgxn00g4RFZLnuxOv9gehW8zS