Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/27/13 5:00 p.m.

After two plus months I will finally see my family today. I've been living in Seattle without them as we make an epic cross country move. It has been really rough.

Let's see.

Sold home for a loss and had to take out a small loan on a car to pay the difference at closing. I'll make the difference up in about less than 6 months with new salary, after taxes even.

Had to be away from the family for a long period of time. I seriously don't know how our servicemen and women do this. Hats off to you.

Finally and most painfully my suffered a miscarriage when I was away. I was not able to go back to be with her during this time. Really bad stuff. But it was an unhealthily pregnancy and not my wife's fault. She was in marathon running shape at the time.

So. It's going to be a damn good weekend. I'm going to see my kids and wife for the 1st time since October. And I'm happy.

Christmas comes tomorrow for the little guys.

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
12/27/13 5:03 p.m.

Awesome. I don't understand how the military families do it either.

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. That is an emotionally savage thing to happen, especially for her.

As much as I enjoy a quiet house, I start to miss my family pretty quick.

Enjoy the family

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
12/27/13 5:05 p.m.

I'm really sorry to hear about the miscarriage, they can be very emotionally difficult and it's rough that you two had to be apart. That said-happy day to you! It makes me smile just thinking of the joyous homecoming. :D :D :D :D

Fueled by Caffeine
12/27/13 5:06 p.m.

Forgot to mention this for the parents out there.

Wife is traveling alone with two kinds under 5. One has a stomach by and has only been. Able to hold down pedialyte all day. Flight also sat on the Tarmac of ORD for one hour before taking off. Gotta love it.

I got a bottle of wine for her and some chocolate at home.

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
12/27/13 5:08 p.m.

Damn man, that's a mouthful.

Sorry about the miscarriage. BTDT and it sucks.

Glad to hear the family is headed your way.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/27/13 5:10 p.m.
  1. Have a fantastic night and get the hell off the internet.

2. Order more wine

3. She is right (Just getting that one in there)

Fueled by Caffeine
12/27/13 5:12 p.m.

In case you are wondering in just sitting at the airport waiting for them. Plane got delayed a bit and I have an hour to kill.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cqIu8KYp3CXlnKHGhS92mB0husE4owBWtgyWyOf97NGqkCR6Bk0BSxXXxCJZyapr