captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/4/19 8:17 a.m.

they were definitely a top 10 most influential group for me. I only had the pleasure of working with them twice and didn't get to know Keith by any stretch, but he was an utmost professional. Godspeed. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/4/19 9:15 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Just heard about it. Never was a fan of his music but he was the owner of team traction control racing in northern Ireland Fielding teams in the road races there along with the isle of man. 

Sad news.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
3/4/19 9:19 a.m.

What a shame - Their club tunes represented my college years working in a local night club.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/4/19 9:23 a.m.

Saw them at Lallapalooza or some other festival back in the day, amazing show.  Suicide sucks...talk to someone, get help.  

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
3/4/19 1:31 p.m.

While I wasn't running out to buy their records myself, A LOT of my friends did! Their music was an essential part of the soundtrack to my formative years. It seems like it was always in the background. Every time I hear them, I'm transported back in time to hanging out with friends and raising hell.

RIP Keith. sad

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/4/19 1:36 p.m.

that is sad..

Highschool and firestarter go together like jam and biscuits in my memory banks..

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/4/19 1:46 p.m.

So Prodigy was a band of some sort? I only remember them as being a dial-up ISP provider back in the early to mid 90's

I'm guessing I've heard some of their music and just don't know it.

EDIT: Just listened to the beginning of Firestarter. Don't think I've ever heard it before. I've also never been to a rave.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/4/19 2:04 p.m.

Damn that sucks. Prodigy pretty much defined my taste of music.

Narayan remains one of my favorites to this day.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/4/19 8:26 p.m.

He was a big supporter of the TT as well as a team owner and manager.

I'm like Tony, I knew many people that loved Prodigy but I wasn't running out to buy the albums.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/4/19 8:50 p.m.
T.J. said:

So Prodigy was a band of some sort? I only remember them as being a dial-up ISP provider back in the early to mid 90's

I'm guessing I've heard some of their music and just don't know it.

EDIT: Just listened to the beginning of Firestarter. Don't think I've ever heard it before. I've also never been to a rave.

You've heard breathe, I'm sure of it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ae6ExTC6HbhJHmPCjrcpjsmsKSytJDWYdRKcxLOyLAzGQ6zgQeYr4CuIuL0CD72T