VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/7/23 9:51 a.m.

Also i've already ordered something interesting for a donation raffle yes Can we do the raffle again? 

This is my way of saying "thank you" for your help and support heart

You'll love the prizes smiley for sure yes

The previous prizes are already in the USA and will be with their recipients soon wink i hope so smiley

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/7/23 2:32 p.m.

hahaha, of course we can!!!

Thank you for those, Vikki!  Those are wonderful!

3/7/23 2:34 p.m.
VikkiDp said:

they don't take up any room at all in the truck (no fudging this one!)

Ohhh! man, don't worry about it smiley i think we'll find something to load this baby yes

we have a small box of baby blankets

We could add baby clothes to the blankets  - bodysuits, jumpsuits, pants, socks, hats for 0-3 months and 3-6 months sizes -

so eventually we'll have 20 baby gift-boxes  - it would be a good gift for moms and newborns smiley

What do you think?

Absolutely!!!  This would give us the ability to collect locally as well yes

3/7/23 2:39 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

How much are they, in USD?

I'll be looking for stuffed animals on wednesday!

The larger units (5663UAH) are $153usd each, and they're asking for 9ea

The smaller units (4136UAH) are $112usd each, and they're asking for 47ea

All told, if we were to deliver the entire shopping list (including the microscope and blood pressure monitor) we'd spend approximately $6500usd.

Challenge accepted wink

java230
java230 PowerDork
3/8/23 9:51 p.m.

Can you link the current GFM or donation link? I am down for one of the large UV lights.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
3/9/23 12:18 a.m.

My phone is lighting up with reports of missile attacks all over Ukraine, including Dnipro. I checked in with VikkiDp and she says she's okay, other than waking up to the sound of explosions.

What a ridiculous situation. 

3/9/23 11:59 a.m.
java230 said:

Can you link the current GFM or donation link? I am down for one of the large UV lights.

We don't have the GFM open yet, but you can hit my paypal and I'll make sure it gets in the pot.  "Will" and the "Grow" and the number "3" (all one word) at the e-mail that starts with a "G"

3/9/23 12:01 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

My phone is lighting up with reports of missile attacks all over Ukraine, including Dnipro. I checked in with VikkiDp and she says she's okay, other than waking up to the sound of explosions.

What a ridiculous situation. 

I just saw the report that an airstrike cut power to the Zaporizhzhia Nuke plant, with 9 dead...  It's absolutely awful.

(edit:  Just saw an update that power was restored to the plant)

Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
3/9/23 12:44 p.m.

I'm disappointed, but unfortunately not particularly surprised, that I'm not seeing more headlines on the latest attack.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I probably missed it some pages back, but how are you shipping things there without it being prohibitively expensive?

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
3/9/23 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

He sent me his military address, but it was still ~$30.

Speaking of, I told a bunch of kids what help I was looking for and they took it as a misson from God. Seriously might have to do multiple boxes. I've recently had a sudden issue I have to pay for, so I might not be able to make another donation for a bit.

3/10/23 11:12 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

In reply to Driven5 :

He sent me his military address, but it was still ~$30.

Speaking of, I told a bunch of kids what help I was looking for and they took it as a misson from God. Seriously might have to do multiple boxes. I've recently had a sudden issue I have to pay for, so I might not be able to make another donation for a bit.

WOW!!!!  Oh man, if you need help covering the cost of shipping just let me know and I can help!

That is amazing!

3/10/23 11:14 a.m.
Driven5 said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I probably missed it some pages back, but how are you shipping things there without it being prohibitively expensive?

We have a way we can use, but only sparingly.  I have to be very careful about the size of box, contents, etc and have to let appropriate parties know in advance to get permission.  To date they've never said "no" but there are people out here who abuse the privilege (or are less than honest about what they're using it for) and it gets taken away.

There are efforts in the works to expand on this benefit.  But for right now, that's how we're able to work it wink

3/10/23 11:22 a.m.

Alrighty!!!!   I've got the new GoFundMe typed up and submitted!  I kind of forgot it takes them a few days to review new submissions, so hopefully they have that done soon.  As soon as they DO, I'll get the link posted here and we can get to work.

I'm going to make an effort to try to get some eyes on this one (media, charity groups, etc), so if you have any ideas (or want to type something up and send it) then feel free to fire at will laugh

Edit:  um... while typing this, I got an e-mail from GFM.  It appears that we are live!  surprise

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dnipro-prenatal-center-and-refugee-children

Fire in the hole, y'all!  Happy Friday, and here goes nothin!

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/10/23 12:28 p.m.

Woot!  Will send some cashola your way shortly sir.

In other news it looks like I'll be making another trip to Europe for work in the next few months.  Fingers crossed I can hit an F1 race while I'm over.

More importantly, I could mule more equipment/Supplies etc.  Given we'll have a few months what is the most needed desired items?  Theoretically the GRM brain trust of web gremlins could source things and I can mule?

Anyone else in?

3/10/23 1:42 p.m.
84FSP said:

Woot!  Will send some cashola your way shortly sir.

In other news it looks like I'll be making another trip to Europe for work in the next few months.  Fingers crossed I can hit an F1 race while I'm over.

More importantly, I could mule more equipment/Supplies etc.  Given we'll have a few months what is the most needed desired items?  Theoretically the GRM brain trust of web gremlins could source things and I can mule?

Anyone else in?

No way!!!  That would be awesome!

There's a blood pressure monitor and a microscope that's on the list for the Prenatal center, but to make it work you'd have to get here before mid-April.

Mrs. Hungary and I are planning another run In August, so with a couple months on our side let's get Vikki involved and see what her contacts say.  This is definitely a good opportunity to get something special that cant be sourced easily on this side of the pond.

3/10/23 1:52 p.m.

Update to the run:

Over on the End of The Internet, there's a forum member "TiltedDriveway" that ran a raffle to support our efforts in December.  He's back, and he's upped his game in an effort to get more participants.  Here's what he's offering for this run

1. 8.5 in x 11.5 inch watercolor of Dnipro's skyline.

Artist bio: Dear customers!
I am Inna Bilokin, an artist from Ukraine.
With a heavy heart, I regret to inform you that due to military actions in Ukraine the airports in my country have a limited operation.
All international parcels are sent to Europe by ground transport and then delivered by plane to their destination.
Delivery time is a little longer.
If there is an opportunity to send the order faster, I will try to find it, and I beg you to give me time to find a solution.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter and for supporting my small business. I hope the troops will be brought back in the name of humanity.
We pray for Ukraine.

Image of painting as ordered:

Image of painting as it arrived. Unfortunately there is a little damage in the form of a crease in the upper right corner.:

2. Impressionist style painting of Kyiv's skyline. 30x40cm

Artist bio:

Kyiv, Ukraine
Hello. My name is Natalya. I am an artist. I am writing a good mood and positive emotions for you! Add souls to your interior

Image of painting as ordered:

Image of painting as received (in good condition, i'm leaving the bubble wrap on to protect it for reshipment)

The rules are simple. $10 buys you a raffle ticket (multiples of $10 accumulate accordingly).  GFM doesn't have the same visibility that Paypal does, so if you donate there then please PM me with the amount you donated and you are entered with the appropriate amount of raffle tickets.

If your ticket is drawn, I'll message you for your contact info.  It's that simple!

Cheers guys!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 3:19 p.m.

Hi everyone!!!

Wow-wow-wooowww!!! So many GREAT news!!! i'm exciting!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 3:24 p.m.

It's absolutely beautiful heart i love it heart 

It'll definitely makes some kids happier yes

thank you!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 3:30 p.m.

I got an e-mail from GFM.  It appears that we are live!  surprise

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dnipro-prenatal-center-and-refugee-children

Fire in the hole, y'all!  Happy Friday, and here goes nothin!

So let's get started yes

Cheers everyone!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 3:33 p.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:
GIRTHQUAKE said:

How much are they, in USD?

I'll be looking for stuffed animals on wednesday!

The larger units (5663UAH) are $153usd each, and they're asking for 9ea

The smaller units (4136UAH) are $112usd each, and they're asking for 47ea

All told, if we were to deliver the entire shopping list (including the microscope and blood pressure monitor) we'd spend approximately $6500usd.

Challenge accepted wink

We also have a good discount after the last order yes  so it'll be at the best price.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/10/23 3:48 p.m.

It will likely be May-June at this point so we have a bit of time to prepare but will miss the April deadline.

3/10/23 3:55 p.m.
84FSP said:

It will likely be May-June at this point so we have a bit of time to prepare but will miss the April deadline.

Absolutely perfect.

VikkiDp and I are putting our heads together and we'll see what we can come up with.  There's a member of the other forum that has a starlink dish he's offering to get into country that sounds like it'll fit in a checked bag.  If nothing else, we can use that as our fallback option (I'm talking to the Hospitallers now to see if there is a need for such a thing).

Good times.

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 4:05 p.m.

That's amazing!!! And you know - i recognized both places in the pictures smiley

Have a question for you about the first one - what do you see on the photo below? wink

VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
3/10/23 4:09 p.m.

About the second on - this is the painting depicting the Independence Monument - it's located on the central square of Kyiv -  Independence Square yes

And i've been there smiley

Don Fip
Don Fip New Reader
3/10/23 4:47 p.m.

yes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yzN7L7hVdF9Mn2ImL4KTyvSHuoMtW3TIfR5U9CSciQyPnzTqPz8hjX5SzCg78a0I