friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/10/12 4:31 p.m.
racerfink wrote: If you've ever talked about beating racerfink, and how it would make your XBox day, tonight might just be the chance to do it. Coming off a five day hospital stay where they found a blood clot in his right lung, racerfink will attempt to race tonight, though he's not sure if he'll fall asleep in the middle of the race or not. See y'all tonight guys...zzzzzzzzz

Holy E36 M3! Are you feeling OK?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/10/12 4:35 p.m.
Geekspeed wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: So the last race of the season is tonight? Man, guess the next time I start a race series, I better participate in it! I promise the next series will be awesome! And i will try and make it "Official" haha. Who is going to win the "Unofficial Forza 4 Spec B Championship World Wrestling Championship Do You Smell What The Rock Is Cooking Austin 3:16 Plastic 10 Year Old Belt?"
Whhaaaaaa!!!???!! And I JUST ordered my Xbox!!!!! I wanna race in B-Spec!!!!! When does the next series start and what is it gonna be?

Probably pretty soon. Hell, if it were up to me, it would be next week.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/10/12 4:36 p.m.

Damn, I hope you are feeling well enough to join and finish racerfink, it would be good to have you for the last one.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/10/12 4:40 p.m.

Working until the start of the race as usual. Probably hitting the bar after. Have fun.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/10/12 4:55 p.m.

Feeling ok now, just 10 mins of any kind of work feels like it takes 4 hours of rest to recover from.

friedgreencorrado
8/10/12 5:06 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Feeling ok now, just 10 mins of any kind of work feels like it takes 4 hours of rest to recover from.

Just glad they caught it. Man, that sounds like it could have been nasty.

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
8/10/12 5:22 p.m.

Since my championship hopes are well and truly over (were from the get go) I'm going to break out my new ride for next season! The #8 Puma/Martin Design...Mazda 2!

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
8/10/12 5:44 p.m.

Not sure I'm getting on tonight, might sleep in.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
8/10/12 7:16 p.m.

Bootsy, if you don't get on tonight then Mutant if he's on would only need finish 5th to win the season, or if Atticus manages a win and either fast lap or pole he could pass you.

I'm on getting some last minute practice, BTW.

EDIT: I correct myself Mutant would also need a bonus point or a 4th place finish.

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
8/11/12 8:01 a.m.

How was the race?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/11/12 9:37 a.m.

I qualified 2nd, but couldn't run a consistent lap time at all. 45 one lap, 47 the next, 48, then a few 46's in a row, and then start the process all over again. At one point, I think I was sixth. Ended up 2nd at the end, but Mutant ran away with it pretty easily

friedgreencorrado
8/11/12 3:26 p.m.

Replay of the storefront, don't know how much of the race is in it this time. I was completely unprepared, and was so bummed at myself I haven't even watched it yet.

Finished 9th on a track I know well. Had the tuning exactly wrong. And this is after finishing 5th on a track I didn't really know in the previous event? Now I know why people "buy" tuning from the storefront instead of doing it themselves..

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/11/12 7:26 p.m.

Damn. Get well soon racerfink!!! Ready for season II! (C'mon Road Atlanta) ;)

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
8/11/12 7:47 p.m.

Great race season everyone! I had a blast and did alot better than I thought I would coming into this. I'm really looking forward to racing with you guys again in the next one.

Maybe keep on Friday and push it an hour or 2 later to accomodate for us west coast folks?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/11/12 7:48 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Replay of the storefront, don't know how much of the race is in it this time. I was completely unprepared, and was so bummed at myself I haven't even watched it yet. Finished 9th on a track I know well. Had the tuning exactly wrong. And this is after finishing 5th on a track I didn't really know in the previous event? Now I know why people "buy" tuning from the storefront instead of doing it themselves..

I did AWFUL last week and great this week. Apparently only one of us can be good each week.

PM me if you want that controller dude.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/11/12 7:49 p.m.
afonseca wrote: Great race season everyone! I had a blast and did alot better than I thought I would coming into this. I'm really looking forward to racing with you guys again in the next one. Maybe keep on Friday and push it an hour or 2 later to accomodate for us west coast folks?

Sorry again about screwing you on qualifying. That was a fun practice session though!

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
8/12/12 10:52 a.m.

Ok, here's what we've been waiting for.

Results for Laguna Seca:

Pole: Mutant Racing

Winner: Mutant Racing

Fastest Lap: Mutant Racing

Best Livery: I know someone during the race commented on a good looking livery whose was it?

Provisional Season Championship Results:

1- Mutant Racing - 142

2- TheBootsy - 125

3- AtticusTurbo27 - 100

4- Griffin729 - 88

5- Racerfink - 82

6- Anti Stance - 73

7- Friedgrncorrado - 68

Lainford Express - 68

9- Switchblade762 - 48

10- Paragon Player - 46

11- Tazbuck - 43

12- Duke of Understeer - 38

13- szeis4cookie - 31

14- Poopshovel - 27

15- RoadRaceDart - 18

DelayedPenalty - 18

thesaabstig - 18

18- Leeroy Jenkins - 16

19- Slushbox - 14

20- Graefin10 - 7

21- Fit is Slo - 3

22- Smokin Ez - 1

23- TurboJavelin - 0

DustOffDave - 0

Lukenukemu - 0

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/12/12 1:53 p.m.

I'm guessing that's supposed to be a 74 for my total?

Redline
Redline New Reader
8/12/12 8:18 p.m.

Man, I AM BUMMED I missed the past race! Me, Panty 6 and a rental Nissan Altima left at 1500 to head north to Elkridge, MD to pick up another 240SX SE. 741.8 miles in 10:43:52 hours...stopped at the last rest stop, slept three hours, got the car, turned and burned...for a stop at 3...but NO, no rooms, 15000 rooms for a concert from some dude and sons, so we kept rolling in a Silvia/Altima draft at 75 to Kingsport at 5. Room, eat, back to room, shower, sleep. Five hours to home, home by 2:30...total trip back, 10:24:36 hours...I think I made a few minutes doing a little north of 85 with her in my dreft zone...why drafting...uhhhhhh.... MD DMV has no one there on the weekens, but they do offer services via a touch screen computer module and a printer to get your raod permit for a new purchase car...no paper, please see window 4...no one there. OK, over teh the licence building,"No, sorry sir, that is buyilding A, we don;t have those here...don;t get me started on state workers adn their lack of efficiancy to have a closed station hand over a stack of papers to one that's open on Saturday to allow, well you get the idea berkelyfudging mother fudgers. Screw it, we roll fast just five overe, you draft me if you can...shoot she watches NASCAR liek a fiend, and guess what! She can freakin A draft like a pro!, move lanes, signal and we move as a unit. No one gets between us, she moves forward as I back off a touch to close the gap and roll back to 5 over. What a trip. Got a new to us car, yeah, needs a little work... adjust clutch, recharge AC, fix a 'clunk' in teh uh...behind the trans back to somewhere...goes CLUNK when decelling out of cruise, and lifting off the pedal too quick. If I lift easy, no clunk, or if I rev out of cruise and let off, no clunk...never ever had that happen in a car so I think It might be a a u joint Car reeked of 10-50 and road grime, so the outer, engine bay, and trunk have been washed woth teh power washer and cherry soap, drying out now. Tomorrow th einterior will get done with the Bissel and left open to dry while I go get the tags transferred from the crunched 240..funny, both '96, both red, but the new one manual trans! A heck of a trip, looking forward to more tgrm racing!

OH! spoke to 'Sooby Suzy'...HE is an Army NG LT about to make CPT in an INfantry Recon slot. His fiance is the die hard suby driver, and he is the one in tgrm. He also asked me to send him an invite to our races, so I said I would keep him informed. He was going to sub for me for friday's race, but had a date with his lady, no biggie, I have a nice spot in the top 10, and a new person to talk to and race with. He loves setting up the rival stuff by leading in with a slow lap, then going back two to three times from the middle to close to the end to lay down a, what we call in pool, sucker bet for everyone else because he is fast, maybe about FGC or faster fast, maybe Griffin fast, and maybe even close to racerfink fast

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/12/12 9:00 p.m.
racerfink wrote: I'm guessing that's supposed to be a 74 for my total?

I am actually thinking it should be an 84. I think I was 1 point behind you(and FGC) going into the race and you finished a couple or 3 spots ahead of me and I have a 74.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
8/13/12 5:17 a.m.

Updated. Oops. Should have been 82. See this is why having y'all double check me is a good thing.

failboat
failboat Dork
8/13/12 7:02 a.m.
Redline wrote: OH! spoke to 'Sooby Suzy'...HE is an Army NG LT about to make CPT in an INfantry Recon slot. His fiance is the die hard suby driver, and he is the one in tgrm. He also asked me to send him an invite to our races, so I said I would keep him informed. He was going to sub for me for friday's race, but had a date with his lady, no biggie, I have a nice spot in the top 10, and a new person to talk to and race with. He loves setting up the rival stuff by leading in with a slow lap, then going back two to three times from the middle to close to the end to lay down a, what we call in pool, sucker bet for everyone else because he is fast, maybe about FGC or faster fast, maybe Griffin fast, and maybe even close to racerfink fast

Nice! I have been battling it out with Scooby Suzie on rivals quite a bit lately. Drift Rivals anyways, Rivals is definitely the quickest way to earn money fast. I think I racked up a few million my first day or two playing.

Just beat your rival only slightly, and keep doing that working your way up the list of rivals, and watch the money pour in. If you set your best score/time on your first run, you only get that meager prize amount, not the progressively larger prizes from 10 consecutive races.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/15/12 7:45 p.m.

So, now that B-spec is done, it's time to start thinking about what is next.

Some thoughts:

The Trans-Am cars that we've been playing with... But it is much less beginner friendly. The plan would be to run two races each night, be for C Class (under two liter) and one for B Class (over two liter). Qually and race for both, same evening, no practice, do that on your own time.

Spec IT-7 - have suggested build from Mutant Racing

Spec E30 M3 - soliciting suggested builds

Spec Miata - soliciting suggested builds

80s B Spec - requires some investigation, but the theory is pretty self explanatory, but will require tuning and looking at the available cars to see what it available.

What are your thoughts.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
8/15/12 7:48 p.m.

Someone had a Spec Miata-type build in the club garage, tuned to D350. I really liked that one. I think that or IT7 would be great fun for the next series. 80s B Spec sounds pretty epic as well.

Maybe 944 Spec? Although that would require everyone to have bought the Porsche Expansion...

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
8/15/12 7:50 p.m.

I'd be interested in IT7, E30, or a 944 series.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
75DYK5pGpkBo4rMviMLGeJMKZ0a6MLaT8XGfF3QuQcYOvDOVCjbxA35NYYc0xFu5