1 2 3
LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 5:09 p.m.

So, basically, I've decided this is what we're doing, and you can like it or not, life's tough like that.

First up, the build:

1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, C425

Sport Air Filter, Street Fuel System, Sport Ignition, Sport Exhaust, Race Oil and Cooling, Sport Flywheel, Street Brakes, Race Springs and Dampers, Race Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bars, Race Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage, Race Weight Reduction, Race Clutch, Street Transmission, Race Differential, Sport Tire Compound, 225 Front and Rear Tire Width, Buddy Club P1 Racing QF Rim Style, 15" Front and Rear Rim Size.

If you don't own the rx7, and are too cheap to get it (or have a legitimate reason), build something 80s and RWD that you can do all these mods to and tune to C400 with the flywheel or adding/subtracting exhaust and/or intake choices.

Settings are force OFF suggested line, STM OFF, TCS OFF, easiest braking allowed ABS ON, easiest steering allowed NORMAL, easiest shifting allowed AUTOMATIC.

The season will last six weeks, with two races per race day. Nightly schedule will be as follows:

8:00PM - Unorganized Practice

9:00PM - 10 minute Qualification Session (approx.)

9:10PM - 5 minute break

9:15PM - Feature Race

9:55PM - 5 minute break

10:00PM - Sprint Race

Qualifying for the feature will be as in the B Spec series, ghosts with delayed start to space us out, clean times counted ahead of dirty times. The feature race will have one mandatory pit stop in specified window (violations, ie pitting early, late, or not at all, will result is 10 position finishing penalty). Pole winner for the feature will be awarded one point. Qualifying for the sprint race will be the finishing order of the feature, with the points paying positions reversed (10th, 9th, 8th, 7th... 1st, 11th, 12th, etc). This should serve to mix things up and give everyone a chance, while keeping backmarkers out of trouble. The fastest lap in each race will be awarded one point. Rolling starts will be used for both races (an additional lap will be added for the rolling start).

Points will be awarded as follows (Position - Feature - Sprint):

1st - 25 - 15

2nd - 18 - 12

3rd - 15 - 10

4th - 12 - 8

5th - 10 - 6

6th - 8 - 4

7th - 6 - 2

8th - 4 - 1

9th - 2 - 0

10th - 1 - 0

11th through 16th - 0 - 0

The schedule will be as follows (Date - Course - Feature Laps (pit window) - Sprint Laps):

24 August 2012 - Infineon/Sears Point Long - 22 (4-18) - 7

31 August 2012 - Laguna Seca - 23 (5 - 18) - 8

14 September 2012 - Road America - 16 (3-13) - 5

21 September 2012 - Road Atlanta Full - 24 (5-19) - 8

28 September 2012 - Sebring Full - 16 (3-13) - 5

5 October 2012 - Indianapolis GP - 24 (5-19) - 8

All cars must have legible contrasting numbers of one or two digits on both sides and hood of the vehicle, IT7 displayed on both sides (non RX-7 must display ITA), and the SCCA Club Racing logo on the sides and front (or hood) of the vehicle. Liveries that would be considered offensive by the FCC will forfeit their driver any earned points (no f-bombs, racism, or pictures, however crudely drawn, of genitalia or feces, etc).

Any questions, concerns, or requested changes? A sample build (parts) is available for free at Lainford Express storefront (description "IT7") SCCA Club Racing logo can be found all over the marketplace.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 5:16 p.m.

Registration - post in this thread with your gamer tag and requested number.

LainfordExpress - 83

friedgrncorrado - 71

RoadRaceDart - 44

TheBootsy - 13

OpCCpl Hate - 179

racerfink - 75

ncbrock - 61

mutantracing1 - 5

poopshovel - 43

Rxbalt - 00 (this makes 0 unavailable as well)

DelayedPenalty - 85

Edge of Nerd - 91

griffin729 - 27

afonseca - 07

szeis4cookie - 888

DustoffDave - 3

Switchblade762 - 7

KrankyKoot - 99

jrose29 - 29

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 5:17 p.m.

Current Standings (5 weeks - 10 races, race week 4 results have been lost)

1st - racerfink - 184 points

2nd - TheBootsy - 121 points

3rd - LainfordExpress - 121 points

4th - Griffin729 - 88 points

5th - TAZBUCK - 77 points

6th - KrankyK00t - 72 points

7th - Cheeto23 - 62points

7th - Friedgrncorrado - 62 points

9th - mutantracing1 - 58 points

10th - OPCCpl Hate - 53 points

11th - Switchblade762 - 38 points

12th - ParagonPlayer - 12 points

13th - RoadRaceDart - 2 points

13th - Smokin Ez - 2 poins

Have not yet started a race: ncbrock, poopshovel, Rxbalt, DelayedPenalty, Edge of Nerd, afonseca, szeis4cookie,, DustOffDave, jrose29.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/18/12 5:34 p.m.

friedgrncorrado requests #71.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/18/12 5:39 p.m.

RoadRaceDart requests #44

My participation will depend on the whims of family and my ISP....

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
8/18/12 5:45 p.m.

Request #13.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/18/12 6:14 p.m.

Or if we could have a 3 digit number. #179(my real number)

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/18/12 6:46 p.m.

You mention "non RX-7"...will other makes and models be entertained?

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 6:50 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: You mention "non RX-7"...will other makes and models be entertained?

Well... Sorta. I want it to be IT7, but I don't exactly want to give a middle finger to people that can't afford to buy the downloads, so I'm allowing alternate builds that will hopefully prove somewhat competitive (suitable for mid-pack, but not better than the best in an RX-7). I see now I forgot that part or the rules, it's been added now.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/18/12 8:29 p.m.

Is the migriane inducing weedwhacker like buzz of a rotary enough for an excuse? I have an RX-7......but I'm not sure I could last a 20 lapper in it without going postal.....

Something 80's and rear wheel drive I can do. I'll run it past you and the collective before I enter it. That work?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/18/12 8:50 p.m.

Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero)
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) HalfDork
8/18/12 8:56 p.m.

What day of the week are you planning on running?

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 9:12 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: Is the migriane inducing weedwhacker like buzz of a rotary enough for an excuse? I have an RX-7......but I'm not sure I could last a 20 lapper in it without going postal..... Something 80's and rear wheel drive I can do. I'll run it past you and the collective before I enter it. That work?

We're only using sport exhaust, or you can turn the volume down.

I might look into what else is eligible for ITA that is in the game. The only thing might be the CRX Si. The hope with making a spec series is that I don't have to spend hours balancing the cars.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 9:14 p.m.
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) wrote: What day of the week are you planning on running?

We've been running Friday nights. I'd prefer a different night or day, but Fridays work better with the late starts for East coasters so we can pick up the West coasters too.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/18/12 10:02 p.m.

Requesting #43. Also requesting: Just make it a berkeleying spec series ferchrissake. If you can afford a berkeleying xbox, internet, xbox live membership, and a fifty dollar berkeleying game, you can afford the rx-7. If not, please put the business end of a claw hammer through your own unemployed non tax paying head. The rest of us, who work 60-80 hrs a week to support your lazy ass don't have time to figure out what the "hot cheater car" for the class is.

Also, are the SCCA/IT stickers really necessary? It's not like there are multiple classes running.

Thanks for putting this together, btw. Can't say I love the crazy long format, but I'm sure I'm in the minority of folks who work on Saturday. (I said "minority." Is that racist?)

*edit: No offense to FGC. If you need the 20 bucks or whatever, I gotcha, dawg.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
8/18/12 10:53 p.m.

Gonna request #00.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 11:17 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Also, are the SCCA/IT stickers really necessary? It's not like there are multiple classes running.

Well, no, but neither is racing in a fake online series of an actual race series. I like to play SCCA club racer and part of the fun is having a grid that looks right... Having replays where all the cars look like they belong together, instead of the nonsense you see in the public lobbies.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/19/12 10:44 a.m.

So, I'm going to have to spend some serious time learning not to suck at RWD. I am hopelessly eternally trail braking. I am racking up some pretty impressive "drift" points but I'm PAINFULLY slow around RA which is driving me insane. Brake in a straight line, feed in the throttle. Feck.

ncbrock
ncbrock New Reader
8/19/12 11:21 a.m.

mess with the diff deceleration percentage. I havnt gotten it tuned 100% yet but it helps with getting the rear to rotate some without messing with any of the other settings.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/19/12 11:46 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: So, I'm going to have to spend some serious time learning not to suck at RWD. I am hopelessly eternally trail braking. I am racking up some pretty impressive "drift" points but I'm PAINFULLY slow around RA which is driving me insane. Brake in a straight line, feed in the throttle. Feck.

Dude, I am sucking too. This car needs tuning bad compared to the b spec cars, those were easy.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
8/19/12 11:51 a.m.

Okay, RX-7 it is then

My insomnia induced livery.....I''l fix the numbers....a bit more lurid (and visible) blood color so they show up better

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
8/19/12 2:38 p.m.

DelayedPenalty requests #85!

friedgreencorrado
8/19/12 2:43 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: *edit: No offense to FGC. If you need the 20 bucks or whatever, I gotcha, dawg.

Appreciate the offer! Already got the 7. I've discovered that I can do it on the cheap if I just purchase the individual cars I want from the packs. Most packs are half full of exotics I'll never use anyway. "Lambo: Blood Red, Mach Two!" isn't really what I'm into, anyway.

friedgreencorrado
8/19/12 7:13 p.m.

Anyone to which I gifted a car the other night, please reply. Were you able to tune the car, or was it locked? I was sending cars because I thought I heard that the tune on my storefront was locked, even though it was set to "share", rather than to "sell".

Reason I'm asking: If the "gifted" cars can be tuned & painted, I will send a car to anyone who requests it. IIRC, it only takes about 6K credits to buy/build one, and I've got about 48 million credits that I'm not going to use on exotics. I'd rather see y'all come run with us.

EDIT: Lainford, this should be another vote towards making it a spec series..I'm with the other folks that say Rotary noise/etc. shouldn't be a reason for it not to be one. Do people want a clean race with other real racing people, or do they want to "play Forza"?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
8/19/12 7:46 p.m.

If you gift it, it will not be locked. But it's nothing to go in and 'unlock' the tune I got off your storefront. Maybe 30 secs., and it's done.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4WsUpEquIe8r0KRzdkYgmZNdp64r70i6gtk3vpQLulxAqwnZdgPUR7YbD9XV1frM