stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/14/20 7:43 a.m.

I think it's time for me to get one of these. I need to do some investigative work in my scooter and in my Forte's clutch. The problem is that there are dozens on Amazon.

Is there a superior one that you guys have used? Preferably under $50? I don't mind spending more but it's gotta be worth it.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/14/20 7:53 a.m.

I have a cheap one. 

The one thing i remember from looking is to find one that wil hold its shape after you bend it.

Some will just be a flexible cable and will flop down. 

Mine is rather fidgety when trying to get it to work with the computer. I was never able to get it to work with my phone even with down loading different version of apps.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
11/14/20 9:13 a.m.

there are USB ones that mount to your phone or computer , 

and there are Wifi ones that have a rechargable battery  and send the signal over WiFi

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/14/20 11:49 a.m.

I'm looking at the semi ridgid ones that have their own battery and connect to your phone over WiFi/BT. 

They all seem the same. Will a $20 one be as good as an $85 one?

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/14/20 11:52 a.m.

I have a Ryobi that phone connects.  If doing it all over again, I would pay extra for one that has its own screen.  The Ryobi software has gotten better, but I spend more time connecting the scope to my phone than using the scope.  "Turn on and use" would be my preference.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/14/20 12:07 p.m.

This thread isn't nearly as kinky as I was expecting 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Akb7pfvgIuqAJKfQoqhF8QLNuUWMEasSwlNSH6BvBM3KuDHKkrjkeYiRB2iXu654