AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/22 5:34 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Nice!

ian sane
ian sane Dork
4/7/22 5:41 p.m.

That's a really good looking rig.

My mother had the short Denali version and loved it. Heck, so did I. All the power in the world and would just eat up interstate miles, even with a trailer behind it. If I had the cash I would have bought it from her when she unloaded it.

NY Nick
NY Nick HalfDork
4/7/22 6:48 p.m.

In reply to ian sane :

Thanks. it is pretty!

I have a suburban now and I really liked the size and the ride but it is a GMT400 chassis so it has a lot of wind noise, low power and not a great towing capacity. I bought this to keep the size and the ride and get awd, 227 extra horsepower and a little more refinement with noise. It seems to have those things so I guess I got what I wanted. I am a proponent of the long wheel base SUV's. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/7/22 7:24 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Have you towed with it yet?  Escalade is kinda fancy for me but they are on my list.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
4/7/22 7:38 p.m.

I haven't yet. I should be getting my camper out of winter storage next weekend and I will tow then. I am so unsure of this truck I was reluctant to buy a good trailer brake controller. For some silly reason the GMC with a tow package comes with an integrated trailer brake controller but the Cadillac doesn't have the controller. So I bought a Curt wireless unit (https://www.amazon.com/CURT-51180-Controller-Bluetooth-Enabled-Proportional/dp/B07JQ99SDD). The reviews are mostly favorable with an occasional really bad one. A lot of times I think when that happens the really bad ones are user error. I'll find out soon! I like it because I am scared of cutting into the Cadillac wiring and if I end up not liking this truck I can take it with me to the next one and is saves trailers, and I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/7/22 8:05 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Nobody digs deeper into trailer things than E-Trailer.  On that Curt item they have 36 videos dedicated to just it.  

If you want a wired version they might have a tutorial specific to your Cadillac

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
4/7/22 8:13 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I got it through e trailer. I just found the Amazon link first and figured people would look more if they wanted. I get most of my camper parts, hitches and trailer lights / brakes from them. Good service, good parts fair prices. They had a Tekonsha wireless one also that could do three axles but I don't plan on going that big and the Curt unit seemed a little more compact and transferable. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q2BH9KNKSdMNuseqHawyY4yMN4LNGxwzysHSmo9GmQ3aM9og9vFtcPOHxOyEwLXW