1 2 3 4
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/12/20 12:58 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:
DirtyBird222 said:

I'm hoping my redeye tonight is similar. 

Just to clarify, you want to make a baby?  Or you want the seat next to you to be empty?

Why not both? 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/12/20 12:59 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:
spitfirebill said:

It's getting serious when March Madness will be spectator-free. 

I'm betting it doesn't happen.  NBA just suspended the season since a player tested positive.  NCAA will be no less cautious.

Wife just it has already happened.  

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/12/20 1:05 p.m.

Clinic called to confirm my colonoscopy on Tuesday. I said I'm not sure because sore throat and she said "sorethroat?!nothanksbyewe'llcontactyourdoctor" and the line went dead. So, uh, no colonoscopy next week.

Margie

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/12/20 1:15 p.m.

Mandatory all-day meeting out of town tomorrow was canceled. That means I get to work from home. Might not even have to put on pants. Thanks Coronavirus!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
3/12/20 2:34 p.m.
alfadriver said:

For sure, this will kill the open office concept.  Spreads germs too quickly.

When I intereviewed at SpaceX last year, they were touting the open office concept. I'm sure that has them in a tizzy with their LA office at the moment. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/12/20 3:08 p.m.
Robbie said:

Well, my wife is pretty sure we will see a baby boom in about a year, from all the people forced to stay home for the next few weeks...

That's a perk, right?

I would think your wife would understand the time frames involved?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
3/12/20 3:13 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:
DirtyBird222 said:

I'm hoping my redeye tonight is similar. 

Just to clarify, you want to make a baby?  Or you want the seat next to you to be empty?

If I were to get lucky on an empty plane that would be one hell of an accomplishment. The last time I flew Delta I got a ton of free drinks from wearing a GRM T-Shirt, so nothing is out of the realm of possibilities. But for my bank accounts sake, let's hope I don't have another child running around in 9 or so months. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/12/20 4:42 p.m.
m4ff3w said:

Taking the kids to NYC for spring break...

Got 3rd row, center orchestra Book of Mormon tickets for $50ea

Not anymore you aren't.  Broadway has been effectively shut down.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/12/20 4:51 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:
alfadriver said:

When I intereviewed at SpaceX last year, they were touting the open office concept. I'm sure that has them in a tizzy with their LA office at the moment. 

The place I used to work went total open office (e.g. sit anywhere).  One of the prime concerns most had was potential multi-users for keyboard, seats, surface, mice....   they are probably freaking out about now!  They claimed it was OK, because they have a thorough cleaning crew.... uhm... what about during the day?...

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
3/12/20 4:57 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

As was mentioned in one of the other threads, one potential benefit will be forcing companies to realize just how many of their employees can telecommute or work remotely and not have to be spending time and fuel commuting back and forth to an office every day. 

I was talking with a.....

I'm hoping the tide will turn when companies realize they don't need to rent office space for those employees. I work for a global architecture firm and it's pretty ironic that we sell "sustainability" while designing more office buildings for commuters (and tear down twenty year old stadiums)... but it feeds my family. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/12/20 5:05 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
m4ff3w said:

Taking the kids to NYC for spring break...

Got 3rd row, center orchestra Book of Mormon tickets for $50ea

Not anymore you aren't.  Broadway has been effectively shut down.

And for anyone that hasn't read it, NYC banned gatherings of 500 or more............and that is the number the determines whether it's a "Broadway" show or an "Off-Broadway" show, regardless of where in the city the theater is.

captdownshift
captdownshift UltimaDork
3/12/20 5:28 p.m.

I used my HSA account to purchase a respirator and containment suit to paint the project car. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/12/20 5:56 p.m.
captdownshift said:

I used my HSA account to purchase a respirator and containment suit to paint the project car. 

Save the receipt.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/12/20 6:03 p.m.
captdownshift said:

OMG that's brilliant!  (Both BTW)- where did you find the set?

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
3/12/20 6:10 p.m.

Perk: we're working from home for the forseeable future

Potential danger: SWMBO's out of town meeting for next week was cancelled so she'll be here too.   There's only so much togetherness 2 people can handle :)  

Still better than most of my employees who get to have spousal and child togetherness since the schools are shutting down too.   

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
3/12/20 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

We already have a population issue so nah

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
3/12/20 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Not being forced to wear pants is usually a plus however

captdownshift
captdownshift UltimaDork
3/12/20 6:34 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Northern Pharmacy and Medical equipment. Autoplus and Eastwood still have them as well, but I figured that'd flag the HSA charge and that they may not have been setup to accept it as payment. 

Curtis73
Curtis73 MegaDork
3/12/20 7:32 p.m.

Speaking of airlines... airline stocks are really cheap right now, especially chinese ones.

CAinCA
CAinCA New Reader
3/12/20 11:55 p.m.
alfadriver said:

God, I hope so. Open offices are the devil's work. 

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/13/20 12:30 a.m.
alfadriver said:

I see nothing wrong this...

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/13/20 12:32 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Clinic called to confirm my colonoscopy on Tuesday. I said I'm not sure because sore throat and she said "sorethroat?!nothanksbyewe'llcontactyourdoctor" and the line went dead. So, uh, no colonoscopy next week.

Margie

Anything to avoid the Prep?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
3/13/20 8:43 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Yeah... saw that late last night... :|

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/13/20 10:12 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Margie

You know, I'm scheduled for one next week too. I'm debating postponing just because I don't want to be around medical staff in general right now.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/13/20 10:32 a.m.
CAinCA said:
alfadriver said:

God, I hope so. Open offices are the devil's work. 

I actually preferred the open concept in our office. But they gave us crummy cubicles last year that are 5'6" tall. Our office takes up about 1/3 of the top floor of the building with tons of windows. Now we have lame cubicles blocking the views of downtown and such. 

But our "open office" we still had an assigned desk. But had open desks with docking stations and monitors for remote employees or visitors from other offices to use.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oHrTHZqx4C8NYcsj8z7201nHZpSnFc5MHiZc7rRPakc0c2CRU0tADjmrNQz7qgTv