Starts tonight on AMC at 9.

hobiercr
hobiercr HalfDork
10/16/11 7:11 p.m.

Very psyched about this!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/16/11 7:11 p.m.

Can't wait. Got my wife and my FIL hooked on it today!

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
10/16/11 7:21 p.m.

I watched all the mini wepisodes earlier.

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
10/16/11 8:00 p.m.

I've been watching the marathon for the better part of the day. Seems I was hiding under a rock and hadn't heard about this gem until the season 2 ad blitz.

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
10/16/11 8:47 p.m.
neckromacr wrote: I've been watching the marathon for the better part of the day. Seems I was hiding under a rock and hadn't heard about this gem until the season 2 ad blitz.

Ditto

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/16/11 9:08 p.m.

It's based on a comic book series. I'm going to start checking them out from the library. They look really good.

Watching that show makes me need to play Left 4 Dead afterwards.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/16/11 10:25 p.m.

Aaaannnd I fell asleep.

Luckily it's in the DVR. Will watch it tomorrow.

flountown
flountown Reader
10/17/11 12:28 a.m.

This is a ridiculously awesome show.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
10/17/11 8:05 a.m.

Just watched the First episode of season 1 last night.

I'm in to it so far.

Actually had dreams with zombies last night as well!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/17/11 8:15 a.m.
Salanis wrote: It's based on a comic book series. I'm going to start checking them out from the library. They look really good. Watching that show makes me need to play Left 4 Dead afterwards.

I bought all the comics. Brutal stuff, but damn good story telling.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
10/17/11 8:21 a.m.

I want to watch this series, but I will seriously not sleep for a year, so it's out.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/17/11 8:29 a.m.

I was a faithful watcher last season, and am pretty impressed with season 2 thus far. If you can get past the "why the hell did he/she/it just do that...clearly you should've insert opposite action here " moments, you will do just fine.

and seriously, with all of humanity out of the way, why the hell arent you rolling in style like in stripes: instead of this overheating-like-old-faithful turdbucket

IDIOTS!?!?!

Still easily near the top of my top 10 favorite shows that are not car related

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
10/17/11 8:48 a.m.

Yeah I don't get the crust bucket mobile home either. School bus is much better. Or why not snag some of the Hummers or other military wheels.

hobiercr
hobiercr HalfDork
10/17/11 9:11 a.m.
ThePhranc wrote: Yeah I don't get the crust bucket mobile home either. School bus is much better. Or why not snag some of the Hummers or other military wheels.

Watching the first season I kept saying to the wife, "Why don't they just swing by the Prevost dealership and pick up a new one. I'm sure all the keys are in the office."

In this season's first episode the one character decides to get his own car from the traffic jam and he picks a Hyundai? For the 100,000 mile warranty I'm guessing. Why not the '68 Mustang? Much easier to work on....

Thought the first season 2 episode was good. TOO MANY commercials though... Looks like there will be some good action.

Driving to work this morning I found myself daydreaming where I could score a big diesel generator and tanker truck, you know, just in case...

Oh yeah, and did anyone else think the ads for the "new" claw/chainsaw thing were a perfect fit for this series?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/17/11 9:37 a.m.

I think that we all think we know what we would do in their shoes. Problem is, we aren't (even though its a TV show and a fictional event) we honestly don't know what we would do. Unless you're hunkered down in your basement with an arsenal and a couple years supply of canned goods, we're all SOL.

That being said. I would take the time to build a ZAV.

In the season premier at least they were smart and started scavenging the parked cars on the highway. They also got smart and started siphoning fuel.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
10/17/11 9:44 a.m.

I got bored by the end of the first season. It is a good drama show but not very interesting as a zombie show. I get all the interpersonal relationship issues I can handle in real life. I watch TV to get away from that.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
10/17/11 9:55 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I think that we all think we know what we would do in their shoes. Problem is, we aren't (even though its a TV show and a fictional event) we honestly don't know what we would do. Unless you're hunkered down in your basement with an arsenal and a couple years supply of canned goods, we're all SOL. That being said. I would take the time to build a ZAV. In the season premier at least they were smart and started scavenging the parked cars on the highway. They also got smart and started siphoning fuel.

You only have to live hunkered until winter then raid. Unless you live where it doesn't get below 32. Then you're really sol.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x SuperDork
10/17/11 9:58 a.m.

I watched this religiously last season. I'm in again.

Salanis wrote: Watching that show makes me need to play Left 4 Dead afterwards.

I absolutely did this. The wife laughed at me. It was a great way to work out frustration from all of the moments I shared with these guys.

ThePhranc wrote: Yeah I don't get the crust bucket mobile home either. School bus is much better. Or why not snag some of the Hummers or other military wheels.
hobiercr wrote: Watching the first season I kept saying to the wife, "Why don't they just swing by the Prevost dealership and pick up a new one. I'm sure all the keys are in the office." In this season's first episode the one character decides to get his own car from the traffic jam and he picks a Hyundai? For the 100,000 mile warranty I'm guessing. Why not the '68 Mustang? Much easier to work on....

I'm always critiquing their survival choices! I'm so much smarter you know. (Where is that eye rolling sarcasm emoticon?!)

I have definitely noted some moments where they should've just shot someone and been done with it. Like the guy they left handcuffed to the pipe in season 1? He's coming back to F someone up later. Bank on it. A bullet to the head would've been kinder as well as resolving any future issues.

btw - He refurb'ed that Hyundai because it's a tough truck. Don't you know that?

Luke
Luke SuperDork
10/17/11 10:06 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I think that we all think we know what we would do in their shoes. Problem is, we aren't (even though its a TV show and a fictional event) we honestly don't know what we would do. That being said. I would take the time to build a ZAV.

I think our little corner of the internet has among the best chances of zombie Apocalypse survival. So, eventually, the GRM 2XXX ZAV Challenge would be an inevitability. Drag race, zombie slalom, zombie-blood concourse.

I'll have to look out for Walking Dead.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/17/11 10:08 a.m.
Luke wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I think that we all think we know what we would do in their shoes. Problem is, we aren't (even though its a TV show and a fictional event) we honestly don't know what we would do. That being said. I would take the time to build a ZAV.
I think our little corner of the internet has among the best chances of zombie Apocalypse survival. So, eventually, the GRM 2XXX ZAV Challenge would be an inevitability. Drag race, zombie slalom, zombie-blood concourse. I'll have to look out for Walking Dead.

dont forget zombie blood skidpad lat-Gs test

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/17/11 10:15 a.m.

Oh hell yeah, who's up for a GRM Zombie Challenge.

I'm in

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/17/11 11:11 a.m.

I'm in too.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
10/17/11 11:44 a.m.

I don't think "miata" would be the answer in a GRM zombie challenge.

cardiacdog
cardiacdog Reader
10/17/11 12:01 p.m.

Love it, great show. wife doesn't watch for fear of nightmares...oh well

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x6d8kTjBl49U8lYxdeWYlWVxJboWu83XAKaiuJgh92xR6DHteHlDnxqDuqfJsAnY