2 3 4
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltraDork
3/12/12 10:14 p.m.

Waiting for it to hit netflix like the first six episodes. That is all. (and I'm not reading any posts so I don't get spoiled.)

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
3/13/12 6:54 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Can we go ahead and assume not everyone read the goddamned book? Thanks.
Can we assume that not everybody watched the episode when it aired on Sunday night too? Yea, my own fault for looking at the thread earlier today. Watched it tonight.

Yep, your own damn fault. I didn't watch until Monday night, and I STAYED THE HELL OUT of this thread until after I knew what happened. Easy as pie.

That's like going in a F1 thread without having seen the race.

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
3/13/12 7:46 a.m.
rmarkc wrote: The Walking Dead is following Romero's formula and just stretching it out. Romero's Dead movies are all more about man's interactions in the face of danger rather than focusing on the outside danger (zombies). Yeah, there was some gut-munchin' goodness too but the biggest conflicts were caused by psychological breakdown of the survivors...well Dawn had the shiny happy person bikers but still, man against man, not man against zombie.

Yes, and that format is generally fine and usually more interesting than pure survival horror. I loved 28 Days Later. "I promised them women," was chilling because it was believable. I hate this show because everyone's reactions, interactions, and emotional turmoil are completely absurd. The problem isn't that it's a soap opera. The problem is that it's a bad soap opera.

Granted, I stopped at the "mid season finale", and maybe it's gotten better since then. But a season and a half in, and they managed to make me not care about or be able to identify with any of the characters. Everything seems to be arbitrarily written based on the most heavy-handed, crude emotional manipulation, rather then establishing the personalities, flaws, and motivations of the characters and having that drive the story.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury PowerDork
3/13/12 8:01 a.m.

I kept wondering why if Shane and Andrea didnt like it there, they didnt just split? They had access to cars and food, and guns...take em and leave - if youre so sure you can do better, then go do better. Have a nice day...somewhere else.

Aside from that, yeah, Daryl is clearly the best character - Rick was my dude, but hes starting to slip a little, and Im not sure why - man up already. And Glen...Seriously?!?! the hottest girl on the show wants to bang your brains (the nice way given the context of the show), and youre busy getting all caught up on how you handled killing the undead?!? Get over yourself you pansy.

Aside from that, yeah, the second half was clearly better than the first. The showdown in the field was great. and Im loving transition from us vs them (the farm family vs the newcomers) to an all in" mentality - bout friggin time.

super stoked for the finale. And also I do hope Merle is involved next season...plenty of room for badassery if that scenario plays out!!!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/13/12 8:02 a.m.

Shane and Andrea didn't split because of the "Facebook effect." People love to bitch about it, but they just can't leave.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
3/13/12 8:48 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Can we go ahead and assume not everyone read the goddamned book? Thanks.
Can we assume that not everybody watched the episode when it aired on Sunday night too? Yea, my own fault for looking at the thread earlier today. Watched it tonight.
Yep, your own damn fault. I didn't watch until Monday night, and I STAYED THE HELL OUT of this thread until after I knew what happened. Easy as pie. That's like going in a F1 thread without having seen the race.

Yea, but I couldn't help myself. Like a zombie drawn to fresh blood I guess.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
3/13/12 10:00 a.m.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that a thread about the show, with a post 10 minutes after the last episode, is gonna contain content/speculation about said last episode. I'd also assume people would be smart/considerate enough not to say "Well, in the book, so and so dies in the next episode."

Am I wrong? Anyway, I am pleased with this season. Yes, the characters are a little one-dimensional, and the acting's not great at times, but I like stories where the characters are faced with moral dilemmas not normally encountered in everday life.

Sucks that I lost one of the only characters I really liked, but I've still got Maggie's boobs/butt.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/13/12 10:22 a.m.
phinz wrote: Who else thinks (who hasn't read the graphic novels, as I haven't either) thinks that Merle may be a member (or even leader) of the others? Yes, I know that's a lot of parentheses.

Interesting hypothesis. IIRC (and it's been a while since I read the early books so I forget for sure) Merle and Darryl were never really in them. Now given what I know about these supposed "others" That would make a LOT of sense. Granted they've not really followed the book much to this point (major plot points IE Lori pregnant, Herschels farm, Otis shooting Carl) are all pulled from the book. How they get there has been almost completely different thusfar though. I won't go into too much more detail if people are not wanting spoilers. Nice to see Carl actually shot Shane after all though.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
3/13/12 11:27 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'd also assume people would be smart/considerate enough not to say "Well, in the book, so and so dies in the next episode."

Whoa now, I peeped a minor spoiler that literally shows up less than 200 pages into the story. Anyway, at this point, the show has broken so far from the books that book spoilers probably aren't even show spoilers at all.

E36 M3, SPOILER Shane dies reaaaaal early in the books/comics, there is no CDC lab, and they nearly get killed in a gated subdivision. END SPOILER.

hobiercr
hobiercr HalfDork
3/14/12 8:37 a.m.

Speaking of Carl, anyone else really hoping he'd get his? Who in the hell is watching this kid? If I were Daryl and found out where my pistol had disappeared to I would seriously give that boy a smack to the head.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
3/14/12 9:01 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Sucks that I lost one of the only characters I really liked, but I've still got Maggie's boobs/butt.

couldnt have said it better myself!

hobiercr
hobiercr HalfDork
3/19/12 8:36 a.m.

Oh, the season finale was good! I bet poorly with the wife on who was going to eat it (or be eaten). I went 0 for 2.

I would be totally hypothesizing about next season if I wasn't so psyched the MAD MEN is finally returning next week!

16vCorey
16vCorey UberDork
3/19/12 9:00 a.m.

It was good, but if those people get any berkeleying dumber I'm going to lose my mind.

1. When a herd of Zombies are approaching you and you're in a vehicle, don't be a Reginald Denny, STEP ON THE berkeleyING GAS!!!!!

2. For that matter, save your ammo and get in something large and 4WD (like Hershel's Suburban), and just start running over herds of zombies. They should have been preparing ZAV's the whole time anyway.

3. Everyone magically showed up at the meet up spot at the same time, except for Andrea. They couldn't wait an extra 10 minutes to see if she might show?

4. While you're surrounded by abandoned vehicles, go ahead and fill your tank. Hell, find some milk jugs and bring some extra fuel. Or just grab a car that has a full tank.

5. Rick, get to the point. Tell them Shane tried to kill you and you killed him in self defense. Everyone reacted like idiots, but Rick explained it like an idiot.

I know there's more, but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/19/12 9:10 a.m.

I missed it, I was too busy trying to crush myself with my car.

Will
Will Dork
3/19/12 5:26 p.m.

I like the show, but they should name it "People with no damn sense at all encounter zombies."

Forget siphoning gas from the other vehicles--take a vehicle or two that's in better shape than what you've got. Go find a car dealer and take a few full sized diesel pickups/SUVs.

And for the love of God, somewhere there's gotta be piles of M4s lying around from zombified police/military. Grab some.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/19/12 6:47 p.m.
Will wrote: I like the show, but they should name it "People with no damn sense at all encounter zombies." Forget siphoning gas from the other vehicles--take a vehicle or two that's in better shape than what you've got. Go find a car dealer and take a few full sized diesel pickups/SUVs. And for the love of God, somewhere there's gotta be piles of M4s lying around from zombified police/military. Grab some.

At the CDC building they were all over as well as .50 cal and other arms.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
3/19/12 7:40 p.m.

This time I stayed out of the thread until I watched.

I enjoyed it. Noticed the yellow Mustang on the highway with the supplies for Sophia had a NSRA sticker in the lower left corner of the windshield.

Now, how do we get a GRM sticker onto a vehicle in the show?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/19/12 7:52 p.m.

Love this show. The finale was decent. They FINALLY left the damn farm!!!! Michonne (the hooded lady with the giant blade and the armless, jawless zombies on the chains) looks pretty awesome. Nice to see someone who has gotten some sort of control in their world.

They need to get their ZAV on and build a fleet of zombie crushing road beasts!

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2o4m9USRKIOgEJTyaUI26XpRsVKlruZ3OLEAKSqUUvfCkjDdSsViSkULrLDKfVy1