OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
11/26/21 8:33 a.m.

What models and brands do we like? Anybody see a good deal today?

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/26/21 8:35 a.m.

+1

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
11/26/21 12:52 p.m.

I ended up buying a gas backpack blower recently but also considered electric backpacks.  Had I not gone with the gas blower, I would have bought a EGO LB6002 or a Greenworks BPB60L510.  I researched this quite a bit & of the electrics, those 2 looked like the best overall.  They're both a bit lighter than the gas blower I got and after an hour or so of working, I wish I'd gone with electric.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/26/21 1:40 p.m.

The Kobalt 40&60v from lowes have been good for my dad.  I bought a ryobi 18v and it doesn't have enough hp.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
11/26/21 1:41 p.m.
M2Pilot said:

I ended up buying a gas backpack blower recently but also considered electric backpacks.  Had I not gone with the gas blower, I would have bought a EGO LB6002 or a Greenworks BPB60L510.  I researched this quite a bit & of the electrics, those 2 looked like the best overall.  They're both a bit lighter than the gas blower I got and after an hour or so of working, I wish I'd gone with electric.

I never heard of EGO until today. Anybody owned one for more than a few months?

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/26/21 1:48 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I've had one for a few years along with the trimmer and they are both great. I had one charger die after 2 years but the other one is still working fine.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/26/21 3:01 p.m.

My uneducated opinion: get the best middle ground of "already exists in my battery ecosystem" and "comes with multiple batteries"

I don't think that the actual blower matters all that much, based on my experience with a Stihl, Milwaukee, and DeWalt battery blower (none of them mine).

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
11/26/21 3:11 p.m.

I'm a Milwaukee Tool whore but my M18 blower is pretty weak compared to the newer Ryobi 40V blowers.  For a growing platform for outdoor tools give the Ryobi 40V lineup a look.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
11/26/21 3:33 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

I'm a Milwaukee Tool whore but my M18 blower is pretty weak compared to the newer Ryobi 40V blowers.  For a growing platform for outdoor tools give the Ryobi 40V lineup a look.

Same with regard to red tools but I just ordered a 56 volt Black Friday jet pack. They say I will have it tomorrow. Hope it is a good one. 

Link

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/26/21 4:17 p.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I've had one for a few years along with the trimmer and they are both great. I had one charger die after 2 years but the other one is still working fine.

I've had the mower for 3+ years and it's still running great. This year I added the leaf blower, trimmer, and chain saw. I will never go back to gas, and Ego has been very good to me so far. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
11/26/21 5:10 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
M2Pilot said:

I never heard of EGO until today. Anybody owned one for more than a few months?

We've got the leaf blower and one of their smaller snow blowers. I'm not buying more gas powered garden tools...

Both work fine, batteries seem to last well and charge quickly. The latter is important with the snow blower.

miatafan
miatafan Reader
11/27/21 10:17 a.m.

I have been using one of these for the past several years and have been very happy with the performance.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N91w6FXuc76OAH6NzQFwJhvpJIwOaYrMWyyNhfRLfIxzCT3pCswoD9WxsDD1K968