That's putting it nicely!

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/12/21 7:16 p.m.

What!?!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/12/21 7:27 p.m.

I dislike SUVs with a passion like ten thousand suns, but you just don't berkeley with someone else's vehicle.  That's just wrong.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/12/21 7:27 p.m.

I'm not a violent person, but I'd have a hard time not deflating whoever did that's head with a tire iron if I caught them. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I dislike gas gusslers being driven as a status symbols. But not all small vehicles get better mpg than some larger vehicles. And some folks actually need larger vehicles. So I hate generalizations and assumptions. 
But we agree 100% on the messing with other peoples stuff!

As said, I to would tend  to ventilate someone I caught doing something like that. I hope it's a internet thing, and not a coming trend!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 7:39 p.m.

Based on the Ford logo on the wheel and the little "dart vent" on the fender I take this to be a Ford Escape and if in the US, the wheel design implies newer than 2016—ish.

This is then a SUV with likely a 1.6L turbo engine. 

Not exactly a H1 Hummer or V10 Excursion. 

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
11/12/21 7:43 p.m.

This an not only infuriating, but incredibly ignorant. I can't identify the car in the picture (someone here will have the answer in 2.5 seconds,) maybe an Escape? But it's definitely a car based CUV, not likely a gas guzzler. My wife's Telluride gets better gas mileage than her previous minivans, and than my hippie approved Subaru wagon. It can also fit my family in one car, vs. taking two smaller cars. There is one obvious solution to this problem. We all need H1 Hummers with central tire inflation. Problem solved. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/12/21 7:44 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Note refers to "tyres". So probably the UK.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
11/12/21 7:49 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Based on the Ford logo on the wheel and the little "dart vent" on the fender I take this to be a Ford Escape and if in the US, the wheel design implies newer than 2016—ish.

This is then a SUV with likely a 1.6L turbo engine. 

Not exactly a H1 Hummer or V10 Excursion. 

Logo isn't blue.  I submit:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4a/La...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

You are correct sir. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
11/12/21 8:02 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

You are correct sir. 

I can almost picture the vehicle it belongs to as well.  One of the smaller "cute" ones

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/21 9:02 p.m.

I'm a kind and patient man. That person would unpleasantly find out where my patience and kindness ends.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 9:04 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Lsnd Rover Evoque...

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
11/12/21 9:19 p.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/21 9:39 p.m.

I wonder if the do-gooder ever realized that the people affected wouldn't stop driving said vehicle, they'd just replace the tire. Congratulations, you've contributed to unnecessary manufacturing pollutants.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 9:50 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I wonder if the do-gooder ever realized that the people affected wouldn't stop driving said vehicle, they'd just replace the tire. Congratulations, you've contributed to unnecessary manufacturing pollutants.

They would have to think for themselves, to see that. But when "they said" is the only thought process, it's not hard to think "if it makes me happy, it HAS to be true"

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/12/21 9:54 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Dunno about the UK, but here in CA the threshold for felony vandalism is $400.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
11/12/21 10:36 p.m.

To me, deflating means letting the air out.

Slashing means cutting the tire.

I'm not saying what they did is right, cool or even understandable, but I didn't read the note as them having slashed the tire. The article seems to agree with my reading.

iansane
iansane HalfDork
11/12/21 11:00 p.m.

This kind of action would invoke the fury of a thousand suns. You don't berkeley with another person's car.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 11:25 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

To me, deflating means letting the air out.

Slashing means cutting the tire.

I'm not saying what they did is right, cool or even understandable, but I didn't read the note as them having slashed the tire. The article seems to agree with my reading.

It is still vandalism. It can damage the sidewall. But I'll try to remember to use that defense when, instead of slashing him for putting his dick beaters on property he does not own, and merely remove all his air...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/13/21 12:29 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Simply remove his air. Seems only fair.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
11/13/21 12:53 a.m.

Make a police report.

If that vandalism were to cause an accident, there should/would be consequences.

This whole climate thing is starting to sound like a new religion, complete with the fanaticism.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
11/13/21 1:33 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I never said it wasn't vandalism.

I just think if we're going to be angry, we should have the facts. Otherwise, we're no better than the internet. laugh

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
11/13/21 3:09 a.m.

I'm pretty sure I'd figure out who did it and then remove their oil pan drain plug. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GqjhoxVyHdikHUAPYqkxulWs2JYmg32aEDp5FzRv7GzvSMZoUaM1YWKYPEkoIK7X