Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 7:59 p.m.

Thunderstruct

Great song, great performer, great vintage racer. Nice cars.

(Annie went upstairs to bed, and I'm in the sunroom ... remote from the house ... so I can crank up the sound!)

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 8:27 p.m.

Buena Vista Social Club

Excellent Cuban jazz.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/10/18 8:47 p.m.

Ytube .....

Buckethead

Samantha Fish

Beth Hart

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 8:57 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

Love Samantha Fish!

Samantha Fish

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/10/18 9:07 p.m.
Gary said:

In reply to 759NRNG:

Love Samantha Fish!

Samantha Fish

check out danielle nichole

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/10/18 10:55 p.m.

Motorhead

HEROS

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
2/13/18 11:00 p.m.

Eric Johnson.  Live in concert just finished up a few minutes ago here in my town.  He still sounds great!  Catch him near you and thank me later.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/16/18 12:35 a.m.

Mark ... Brothers

I'm listening to this song poolside, in front of the firepit, drinking who knows how many glasses of Woodbridge Chardonnay with newly-made friends from western Canada, at the Coyote Inn in Palm Springs, CA. Annie and I are back here for a couple weeks on yet another SoCal adventure. The weather here is a lot better than at home right now. We're here for a): the great climate; and b): Keith McCormick's car auction next weekend. We're old hands at Palm Springs, which is one of our favorite vacation destinations. I'll be checking out all the cars on the block for next week's auction. We were here last November for the previous auction, and I was very impressed. I'm surprised that this auction doesn't get much media attention (virtually zero). But there are some great cars that pass through here at very reasonable prices. I really think the only auctions that get media coverage are those that favor the sellers and stupid-high prices. I believe the Keith McCormick auctions are more favorable for the buyers. So that, I believe, is really what the enthusiast media should cover. But that's a different mentality ... not related to what really is is relevant to the real world. So that's perverted, and it's doing a complete disservice to their readers looking for a good bargain at an auction. And the fact that a good bargain is available more often than not at most of the auctions around the country ... not just the big ones that are televised.

amerson
amerson
2/20/18 3:06 a.m.

I like listening to Led Zeppelin's songs lately.

STM317
STM317 Dork
2/20/18 6:26 a.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/20/18 8:53 a.m.

Bad Brains this morning. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/20/18 10:00 a.m.
FIYAPOWA
FIYAPOWA New Reader
2/20/18 11:06 a.m.

LoQDubious playlist on YouTube - Trip Hop / Downtempo / Electronica / Chill Out

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
2/21/18 9:39 a.m.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/21/18 8:14 p.m.
Gary said:

Buena Vista Social Club

Excellent Cuban jazz.

This was just what I needed to get thru my work day!  

codrus
codrus UltraDork
2/21/18 9:09 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/21/18 11:53 p.m.

SRV - Texas Flood live at the El Mocambo

I wish I'd been there in 1983 to witness this this performance.  This performance is beyond words. What can I say?

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/22/18 12:42 a.m.

Jackson Browne - Barricades of Heaven

Ahhhhh, this guy. I love his music but I hate his politics. But Annie and I are on vacation in SoCal, and this guy is a SoCal (OC) native. So we're listening to him. I love his music ... but I'll leave it at that. The "Barricades of Heaven" song shows up at about five minutes into this mini concert. This song tracks his early years from sleepy OC in the early sixties to "starry LA." But it's very good music, and I like it. That's why I posted it here.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/22/18 2:04 a.m.

Saturate Before Using

More Jackson Browne. Early years.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill UberDork
2/22/18 3:00 a.m.

Halestorm.  And at twice the volume it wouldnt half enough

Turn 'em up devil

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
2/22/18 8:53 a.m.
Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/22/18 8:24 p.m.

Long post.

This weekend I re-watched Fury Road because of course I did.  Today at work, the radio played AC/DC's "Who Made Who", which was featured in Maximum Overdrive.  That got me to thinking, man, that song would have gone well with Fury Road.  How come no Mad Max movies ever had AC/DC in them?  Something in the back of my mind said this was a thing that should have happened.

A few hours and a 12" veggie pizza later, I realized how stupid I was.

I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a right out of control-er!

Then I remembered an album I bought a long time ago...

...and all was right in the world. 

Spitsix
Spitsix HalfDork
2/23/18 11:27 p.m.

George Winston live at the Ponte Vedra concert hall!

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
2/25/18 1:47 p.m.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/25/18 2:05 p.m.

Jimmy Cliff. Because early spring.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TgM9XdMQQEC9B5n91DqHYQgFbfmnKWg8kAPr881YauVWz0vPVUtuRLEZgcebhJKG