Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
6/23/18 1:05 p.m.

Interesting factoid; Listening to Danko Jones while on a long, straight highway will cause you to arrive much sooner than a GPS will initially estimate.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
6/24/18 7:46 a.m.
Mike
Mike SuperDork
6/24/18 1:13 p.m.

I just saw them in concert last night in Biloxi. It really was one of the most incredible concert experiences I've had. 

Postmodern Jukebox. They do retro-style covers of modern music. Oh, and they do a killer live show.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
6/24/18 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Gary :I spent today listening to vinyl records from the late 50’s early 60’s  stuff from my youth.  Mostly  folk, some blues, and a Little Rock and Roll 

Next  weekend I’ll drag out my cassette collections and run all of them through to ensure the cassettes are still free.  

The hard part will be all those reel to reel tapes. Some have more than 4 hours on them.  And there are hundreds of reels.  When at sea I’d spend any free time I had recording stuff.  

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/24/18 9:02 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd:

Folk, blues, and early rock and roll. Nothing wrong with that!

TheLongHaul
TheLongHaul New Reader
6/24/18 9:35 p.m.

Bay City Rollers: Saturday Night

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/25/18 8:47 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Dyers Eve, from ...And Justice for All.  Total score at Wally-World last night in the $5 bin.

Dangit, I paid $25 for that CD.

Famously, that was something they never played live because Lars couldn't keep up with it.  The album track is stitched from multiple takes.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/25/18 8:47 p.m.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Eva Cassidy

I think I've done this one before. But this song means a lot to Annie because it was a favorite of her late Mom. And especially the Eva Cassidy version. So this morning we were at our twin grand children's "graduation" from kindergarten. Exeter-West Greenrich School System called it a "celebration." OK. But anyway, when this song came up, Annie and I both had tears in our eyes. This is a great song by a late, great artist. Kudos to th EWG kindergarten teachers who arranged the event today.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/25/18 8:50 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Do you know about Neil Cicierega?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-WVlRohQkDO

DO I?  He's one of my Gods.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/25/18 9:02 p.m.

Listening.

It is not for nothing that I'm using car #588 lately.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/26/18 2:05 a.m.
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
6/27/18 8:24 a.m.

Mix - The One You Love To Hate - Live Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate YouTube 50:44 Big Audio Dynamite II - The Globe (Full Album) ReggaeJazz Recommended for you 1:07:39 The Rolling Stone - Full Album - 1972 - CD1 Glodius Recommended for you 19:02 Play That Rock'n'Roll: Traveling Wilburys (Retrospective) B-Movie Roll-Out Recommended for you 6:24 The Comedy Jam - Jim Breuer & Rob Halford - "You've Got Another Thing Coming" Comedy Central 573K views 6:03 Smoke on the Water with Queen, Pink Floyd, Rush, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc RockAidArmenia 7.2M views 9:19 JUDAS PRIEST - Victim of Changes ! “.. just Wowww!!” [HDadv] [1080p] 1983 MikeNadi1 1.7M views 1:29:05 Lucky Dube Live in Concert akuaba100 4.7M views 5:43 Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue (Lyrics) Ancient Legends.SRB Recommended for you 2:54 Judas Priest's Rob Halford - Remembering Dimebag Darrell Loudwire 98K views 1:30:34 The History Of Iron Maiden - Part One Iron Maiden 538K views 9:40 "Living After Midnight" Geoff Tate & Blaze Bayley & Tim Owens@Annapolis, MD 11/26/16 Jim Powers 14K views 5:50 Bob Dylan - Cold Irons Bound (Live Video) BobDylanVEVO Recommended for you 2:38:51 Best Of PANTERA - [FULL ALBUM] - 2,5 HOURS! BirdsElopeWithTheSun 1.2M views 6:25 Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull with Bruce Dickinson - Jerusalem Jethro Tull & Ian Anderson 281K views Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister Surprise Rob Halford of Judas Priest Corvus Corax 745K views Halford - Resurrection (Full Album) (Remastered) Carlos Indelicato 995K views Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH) - Zakk Wylde / Kerry King/ Brian Tichy InTheRearviewMirror2 202K views Hard Rain, Bob Dylan Rolling Thunder Revue Fort Collins CO 1976 Steven Price Recommended for you Best Of Motorhead geokoug 185K views The One You Love To Hate - Live Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate

Karl La Follette
6/27/18 4:34 p.m.

Karl La Follette
6/29/18 7:53 a.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 7:36 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 7:50 p.m.

K-man ... Happy Birthday yesterday!

And all others too!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
6/30/18 8:09 p.m.
759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
6/30/18 8:18 p.m.
Mike said:

I just saw them in concert last night in Biloxi. It really was one of the most incredible concert experiences I've had. 

Postmodern Jukebox. They do retro-style covers of modern music. Oh, and they do a killer live show.

OK so DON"T tell me HALEY REINHART  was onstage also........I said don't tell me!!!   GRRRRR

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 8:26 p.m.

Marvin

This really brings back memories of a carefree but naive time in my life. Spring, 1972. Engineering Club at Roger Williams College (now University).  Spring break, we were on a trip to Florida to visit Cape Kennedy (Canaveral) and the new, under-construction Disney World. Most of the sane guys flew (there were no females). Me? I elected to drive with five other knuckleheads. (We were all studying Engineering, but we were still knuckleheads) in a '67 Chevy Impala 2-door coupe, towing a trailer with a couple motorcycles. Anyway, after driving all day and all night on a non-stop drive from Providence to Titusville, at around 4:00 am we were hopelessly lost somewhere in South Georgia. Interstate 95 wasn't completely connected in those days, so we had to take alternate secondary routes.  We knuckleheads screwed up. I was in the back seat. The driver and I were still awake, barely. This song came on the radio and I remember that moment to this day, many years later.

In retrospect, we weren't too far from Marvin's home in Macon, although I had no idea at the time.

Daytona Spring break '72 was a helluva lot of fun.

Right on, Brother.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
6/30/18 8:44 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 9:29 p.m.

Phish - Tweezer

I'm out at my firepit ... burning chunks of a yuge dead branch that fell out of an 80-year-old oak tree in my back yard last week. But anyway, I'm listening to all my favorite music, as well as the amazing sounds of nature. Unfortunately, those sounds are interrupted by moronic crotch-rocket bikers who have chosen to remove their mufflers to mistakenly enhance their masculinity. I wish they'd join the AMA and go road racing to really prove their masculinity.

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
6/30/18 9:52 p.m.

Springsteen's Born to Run album...

Born to Run

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 10:15 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 10:24 p.m.
Gary