Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/30/18 11:19 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/1/18 9:45 p.m.

Gilmour and Wright having fun

I stumbled on this video and I think it's unique. It's the nucleus of PF, although I wish Nick Mason was on percussion. There are a couple other interlopers too, but the whole thing comes off well. I liked Gilmour doing slide and percussion, but really, he's not a drummer.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/1/18 10:40 p.m.
deannathegeek
deannathegeek New Reader
7/2/18 7:26 a.m.

Searching for the Righteous Man, a podfic about Castiel/Dean Winchester from Supernatural. I'm a sucker for a good love story.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/3/18 4:19 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/8/18 9:00 p.m.

Your Heart is as Black as Night

Annie and I had a great weekend in Maine. We're in Rockland, on the coast, three miles north of the Owls Head Transportation Museum where I was an exhibitor with the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild, and where a few of us alumni displayed our historic 60's era model cars. It was a big weekend at OHTM, and to my surprise, Tom Cotter was there with his newest acquisition, a barn-find-condition '52 Cunningham coupe ... think early fifties Ferrari Michelotti/Vignale coupe but slightly bigger and with a humongous Chrysler Hemi V8 instead of a "tiny" Ferrari V12. A truly spectacular car. I love it. Tom and I bonded and I have a picture to prove it. We even hooked up with old-time racer George Alderman who was there. (Look him up if you don't know who he is). Anyway, Tom will be back at Lime Rock on Labor Day Weekend with his vintage Corvette racer as well as the old Cunningham. I'll be there, and I can't wait to see that car again.

Now, the reason for this particular song? We're staying at the "250 Main" hotel in Rockland. It's a new trendy Euro-style place, not our typical abode, but it was the nicest one in the immediate area. We don't like staying at marginal or sub-par hotels, and this one is very nice. At the moment, Annie and I are in the lounge sipping complementary wine listening to this song and others like it. To me it's good  ... no, great, because I had such a great car-related weekend. Life is good!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/11/18 11:05 p.m.

Buffett-Pirate-Forty

This happens to be one of my top ten favorite songs. Problem is, my top ten really is part of my top one thousand, and it's continuously in flux. Anyway, Sundance posted this today because he reached a milestone in his life. (I'm not going to say who he is. If you recognize the name, you'll know. Or if you're a detective, you'll find out ... hint: "treehouse"). It brought back fond memories of earlier years, so I had to listen numerous times. Sundance posted a live video version. OK. But I prefer the original studio version to any of the live versions out there.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/12/18 9:14 p.m.

Joan Rivers stand up comedy. Thanks to the internet there’s no shortage of material to amuse myself.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/13/18 8:11 p.m.

Eva Cassidy

I think I've done this before. But it's such a great song. So Annie and I are listening ...

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/13/18 8:44 p.m.

Brothers In Arms

Yes.  One of my favorite songs. (Top ten, but top ten of one thousand of my favorites ... and tomorrow there will be another top ten).

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/15/18 10:24 p.m.

PF- Time

Annie and I went to our local pub this evening and Kim the bartender had "Classic Vinyl" playing on SiriusXM. We heard this, so when we got home I wanted to hear it again.

And then there's this:

Somebody's interpretation of the lyrics

(Just listening to the song is better).

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/21/18 9:32 p.m.
Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
7/22/18 7:02 a.m.

It's not often you hear a Tool cover by a brass band and it's this good

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/22/18 12:20 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/18 6:33 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/18 6:46 p.m.

Cheap Sunglasses

Again, ZZ

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/18 7:29 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/18 8:05 p.m.

Jerry Miller jammin'

This is one of my favorites

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
7/28/18 9:07 p.m.

The Killers concert was streamed live on Sirius/xm Alt Nation and will replay starting in a few minutes (10PM EST)

was hanging out at a friends on the patio & just got back home.

Oops, just realized it's already past 10...

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
7/28/18 9:48 p.m.

X opening for the Psychedelic Furs last night at the Oregon zoo.

It was odd to have elephants wandering around off to the left of the stage

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/30/18 7:01 p.m.
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
8/1/18 4:50 p.m.
iammargarette
iammargarette New Reader
8/1/18 8:15 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FM7MFYoylVs

I have been listening to this song for quite some time now, I really love Coldplay and The Chainsmokers, the best collaboration so far. This will serve as my lullaby for me and my huskies who are laying cozily in their [heated canoes]

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/2/18 8:45 a.m.

Johnny Cash’s cover of “Solitary Man” has been in my rotation heavily of late due to personal reasons. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/2/18 9:21 a.m.

Listening to a conference call concerning a project I am only tangentially involved with....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tyDFZXrSUpqIBvr6C2zlUNdNUU5k488Zyjfvo1gwHOyL3qc6LVBSnLtrsKjyz6IT