David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/22/19 1:34 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/23/19 7:57 p.m.

Jimmy Wayne

Annie is reading his autobiography. I had never heard about this guy.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/23/19 8:17 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/23/19 8:38 p.m.

Jimmy Wayne

Annie is reading this guy's autobiography and thinks it's great. She found this song of his. I think it's pretty good 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/25/19 8:28 p.m.
Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman New Reader
3/25/19 10:51 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/26/19 10:25 a.m.

Just discovered Stone Rebel, a French chill / stoner / space rock band.  Seriously, this album is just over 2 hours long and there are 4 - count 'em, four - songs on it:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/27/19 6:31 a.m.

I In reply to Duke :

Wait, whut?  Go to bed and over night the link changes to some completely random video?

/edit/. And now it’s back with no input from me. For a while there it was “Plissken’s Theme” from EFNY

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
3/27/19 4:40 p.m.

Robert Wyatt's cover of Shipbuilding by Elvis Costello is amazing:

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
3/27/19 8:17 p.m.

Imagined Herbal Flows-Evolve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDXCgKnNtvw

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/27/19 8:22 p.m.

Sing, Sing, Sing

I'm a big fan of Big Band music, thanks to my father. I think there are at least a few others on this thread who are also. Benny Goodman had one of the most popular Big Bands in America in the 1930s. He popularized a song called "Sing, Sing, Sing," and it was extremely popular in 1938. He booked a gig in '38 at Carnegie Hall. Remarkable. First time jazz, swing, and his brand of alt-music was allowed there. It was a trial run. Before that, it was just opera, philharmonic, and other such staid music. Nothing wrong with that. But not '30s era alt-music. Anyway, for the performance, Carnegie Hall arranged the front rows with tables, caberet style. It was a huge success. This particular performance is spectacular from a historical standpoint, because it legitimized jazz in the mainstream. "If it was good for Carnegie Hall, it was good for America." Benny Goodman's percussion guy was Gene Krupa, who went on to have his own big band later. But he was the driving beat in this performance. Spectacular.

Unfortunately, the only recording of that Carnagie Hall performance is poor, so the recording above is a studio performance. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/29/19 8:13 a.m.

More European space rock.  This time it's Space Fox from Portugal.  Good stuff, definitely.  Not as long-winded and ambient as the Stone Rebel stuff above (which is excellent when that is what you want); a little more focused and short-form:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/29/19 2:35 p.m.

Moving down to Chile for some more awesome jammy space rock.  Föllakzoid:

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/30/19 7:40 p.m.
stroker
stroker UltraDork
3/31/19 11:07 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/1/19 8:32 a.m.

Yngwie!  Rising Force!

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
4/1/19 11:55 a.m.
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
4/1/19 4:06 p.m.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
4/1/19 4:15 p.m.

This exact moment its Cloak Of Feathers by The Sword on my spotify shuffle

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/4/19 6:20 a.m.
Antihero said:

That’s a great song, I just heard Bad Wolves cover of Zombie and found it quite Listenable 

bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
4/10/19 10:06 a.m.
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/10/19 11:01 p.m.
Antihero
Antihero Dork
4/10/19 11:17 p.m.
chandler said:
Antihero said:

That’s a great song, I just heard Bad Wolves cover of Zombie and found it quite Listenable 

I actually saw them live recently, the crowd ended up singing most the song lol

Antihero
Antihero Dork
4/10/19 11:19 p.m.

And this exact moment on spotify shuffle its Highway Star by Deep Purple

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/11/19 2:25 a.m.

It was brought to my attention before I left for work that Earl Thomas Conley sadly passed away. 

Once in a Blue Moon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
82fmBRTozi0sBZOhYKl3lnlWPifEncqbM3LfJpqAZjMXFWM0oVpkGtlihnQK7rjQ