Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/19/19 9:16 p.m.

James Taylor & Carole King live at the Troubadour

As an old-timer, I like Carole's hair, and I like that James is letting his hair go sparse as a man, and not shaving bald. Thank you James. (I'm not going bald, but I dislike the current "trendiness" to shave head).  

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/20/19 9:13 p.m.

Shooting Stars by Rival Sons

https://youtu.be/cPtMgsN8Tpo

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/21/19 2:10 p.m.

Blindside - Follow you Down

Demon Hunter - Dead Flowers

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/22/19 9:47 p.m.

Paul Cardall - Redeemer

I like Paul Cardall's music.  He's a pianist from SLC, but doesn't play much out of town unfortunately. So if you want to see him perform live, you have to go there.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/23/19 8:05 p.m.

PF - What Do You Want from Me 

Great song, great album.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/23/19 9:15 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/23/19 9:39 p.m.

Bruce

Who remembers that I posted this  a couple months ago? That's what I like about this thread. Nobody seems to remember. Well, neither did I until I went back and looked at history.

This was great ... before he put politics before performance.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
5/24/19 12:29 p.m.

Lost in the Ozone by Motorhead. 

A power ballad with good imagery with a bass solo, and no one else I've told about it has ever heard it somehow

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
5/24/19 12:44 p.m.

Latest batch of CDs from the library. First three were duds (actually listened to one all the way through but not the other two but didn't enjoy the one enough to take note), but the next two are KMFDM albums (Rocks: Milestones Reloaded and Hell Yeah) and I've definitely been digging them. Industrial music is hit or miss for me at times, but their heavy-metal-inspired style with a healthy dose of electronica is definitely up my alley.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
5/25/19 1:25 p.m.

This group showed up on my Spotify playlist:

Killin' Baudelaire - Don't give a F**k (NSFW)

Killin` Baudelaire - Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Ray Cover)

They are an all female metal group from Italy. heart

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
5/26/19 1:38 p.m.

I usually have Spotify playing in the background 24/7. I'm usually listening to stoner/doom/black metal.

These guys were formed in 1996, in Belgium. They remind me a little of Kyuss. I somehow just now heard of them.

Cowboys and Indians - Horses of Rebellion (2019 - Full Album)

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/27/19 8:23 p.m.

Kirk Whalum

Happy Memorial Day, folks. I'm at the firepit listening to contemporary saxaphone jazz and drinking Bordeaux wine, and thinking about our Veterans who are no longer with us. I feel lucky and thankful. Today I put a geranium on my brother's grave (US Navy Seabees, MCB 40, served a tour in Phu Bai, Viet Nam, 1969). He came home after his tour (no medals of valor), had a good civilian life, but passed away at a young age in 2005. Anyway, I'm thankful for every veterans' service. And I'm fortunate to be where I am doing what I'm doing right now because of you.

Cummings
Cummings
5/29/19 2:51 a.m.

I'm listening to Michael Jackson "Billie Jean" right now. Something has drawn me to the old legends.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
5/29/19 4:01 a.m.
Cummings said:

I'm listening to Michael Jackson "Billie Jean" right now. Something has drawn me to the old legends.

It’s probably all that canoe paddling, and spam cooking, you’ve been doing.

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
5/29/19 10:55 a.m.

Five Finger Deathpunch radio on spotify... proper music to beat solidworks into submission today

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/31/19 1:52 p.m.

Get out your hair spray..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Dgl5xkh4E

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/31/19 8:48 p.m.
Antihero
Antihero Dork
6/1/19 12:26 a.m.

The Evil That Men Do by Iron Maiden

I forgot how much I liked this song

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
6/2/19 8:05 p.m.

High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/5/19 9:54 p.m.

PF - What Do You Want from Me?

Probably my favorite album by PF. And this would be me favorite song from that album. But then again ... there are many other PF favorites smiley.

(Great David Gilmour music).

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/6/19 2:25 p.m.

Thrice - Of dust and nations 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/6/19 7:06 p.m.
chandler said:

Thrice - Of dust and nations 

Annnd, that led me down the Thrice rabbit hole. Sheesh they have some really good tunes

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
6/7/19 9:47 a.m.

All dem haws gon drop dey draws

and say dat’s da cat mugged Santa Claus

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/7/19 9:46 p.m.

When I'm Sixty-Four ... The Beatles

So, I'm 70. Annie is 67. We're way past 64. But we're still young, vibrant, and have valid opinions. But we recognize that this song probably had some relevance 50 years ago.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
6/8/19 9:42 p.m.

Coleman Hawkins - I'll Get By

Great day. Annie and I went to the British Motorcar Festival in Bristol, RI. Annie sat in the shade and read on her Kindle while I ogled the beautiful cars on the show field. Then we had lunch at the DeWolf Tavern in downtown Bristol. Nice Sauvignon Blanc wine from the Loire Valley, France, with lunch (because we were in the Loire Valley last October). Now we're home with a roaring fire in the firepit. We bought a few bottles of French Sau-Blanc on the way home, and we're at the firepit, drinking great wine, and listening to the Lester Young channel on Pandora. This Coleman Hawkins song came on and it's really good.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ISXXLf4eYF0KWyUP6cPcABpFYeSr0EwlR9oMGbpAkPAjaJ3IwukqOLuQj1fHg19v