759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/2/22 11:30 p.m.

Blue on Black ...Five finger Death Punch

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/3/22 1:21 a.m.

Modern Love. Bowie. 
yesterday I was listening and trying to play along on drums. It's super fun even if my left foot doesn't quite keep up yet. China Girl is easier, but more clearly illustrates my need for a crash cymbal. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/3/22 9:00 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

You probably already know this, but SRV played guitar on Bowie's Let's Dance album.

barefootcyborg5000
9/3/22 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

It's quite a story, too. Apparently SRV and his guys were just about booed off stage at some club in Paris. Just so happens that mr Bowie was in the crowd and was able to recognize the talent. Invited SRV to play on Let's Dance, and join on the ensuing tour(?) and I guess that was the shot in the arm that really got them in the limelight. Sold out that same club in Paris a couple years later. 
Im not the biggest SRV fan, kind of in the same way I'm not a big Van Halen fan, but there's no denying the talent and influence. And passion. Dude was a master at his craft. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/3/22 11:07 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Duke :

It's quite a story, too. Apparently SRV and his guys were just about booed off stage at some club in Paris. Just so happens that mr Bowie was in the crowd and was able to recognize the talent. Invited SRV to play on Let's Dance, and join on the ensuing tour(?) and I guess that was the shot in the arm that really got them in the limelight. Sold out that same club in Paris a couple years later. 
Im not the biggest SRV fan, kind of in the same way I'm not a big Van Halen fan, but there's no denying the talent and influence. And passion. Dude was a master at his craft. 

Wow way kool...big SRV honk.......thanks 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
9/3/22 1:33 p.m.

Listening to the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert streaming live for free from the UK on Mtv's youtube channel.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
9/3/22 2:59 p.m.

The Hu just dropped their new album, 'Rumble of Thunder', yesterday.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/6/22 2:38 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000
9/6/22 2:45 p.m.

Prepare to have your ear-holes demolished while you slowly realize you need new underwear. The whole album is a gem, but this track just hits you in the spine. 

Also, drugs are bad mmmkay, but sometimes bad is beautiful. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/7/22 12:03 p.m.

My main man Chris Joss just dropped a brand new album like 12 hours ago!  First listen:

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/8/22 7:30 p.m.

Loved this song when I was a kid, heard it on the oldies station today

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/11/22 10:01 p.m.

So after a long evening with our friend Howie playing "battle of the bands," Howie threw in the towel and went home. (I can't blame him. After that much wine I would have called it a day too. But we're at home and he has to drive).  But Howie had some great songs to offer. Like early Elton John and Cat Stevens, and the band Yes. That was a group from the past. So now we're on our own, listening the Doors, which would've been my next pitch:

LA Woman

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
9/12/22 11:20 p.m.

Freddie Nelson can sing.  I found him on the Paul Gilbert collaboration "United States".  Heavy, straight-ahead rock that's still intelligent without being too jazzy or prog.  

Run_Away
Run_Away Dork
9/13/22 12:38 a.m.

Yelawolf and Shooter Jennings did an album together.

My favourite track of that album:

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/15/22 8:38 p.m.

I have no idea where I would have heard this song for the first time (probably MTV) or why it's stuck in my brain for 28 years. This song came out after I moved to detroit, so I probably didn't even have MTV when it came out. Anyway, it popped into my brain today and I had to look it up. Maybe it's the making out in a 67 Camaro in the desert...

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
9/15/22 9:16 p.m.

https://youtu.be/h_6DfxA6LiI

Ozzy Osbourne Patient Number 9

SpeedwayFan
SpeedwayFan Reader
9/16/22 11:03 a.m.

Time to be the odd one out

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/16/22 11:15 a.m.

Swedish instrumental postrock/krautrock:

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/17/22 1:33 a.m.

2112 a favorite from the past.  Wish I had seen them on the R40 tour, but alas it was not to be...

Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control...

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/17/22 9:34 p.m.
SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
9/17/22 9:41 p.m.

Paul Butterfield.

I've been stuck on this guy for a while after seeing him on a documentary on AXStv a while back.

Amazing talent.

https://youtu.be/h62W2ARtwU8

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/18/22 8:27 a.m.

My Son dropped off their live CD last night and I'd completely forgotten about this song. This is the Hip I know

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/19/22 1:53 p.m.

Instrumental post-rock with a distinct Middle Eastern flair:

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/19/22 8:01 p.m.

Back home from an overnight in coastal southern Maine with Annie and the MX-5, sipping wine and chilling with easy listening music on Pandora in our sun room. We used to call it "New Age" music. Now, I guess, it's called "Spa" music.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/22/22 11:51 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UeLzrxfs6hkOvggitW9ezqJ7hzu1oSDH4eIxRyyvxcU2Uct5tB3MttSr6wIvh7fp