Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/13/23 1:22 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Animals as Leaders. I'm not usually big on instrumental stuff, but I've been giving these guys a go recently. It's music for music nerds. Super prog, math rock, djent, and all around hectic. These guys are unbelievably talented, and the flashiness doesn't come off as showing off. I'm still not sure it's for me. Makes my brain fritz out. Short circuit. Hectic. 

I'm In This Image And I Think I May Like It.

Definitely sounds like something I need to check out.  Thanks!

Currently pouring one out for Mr. Beck:

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
1/15/23 7:22 a.m.

Felt like a Tool morning. Woke up with Right in Two in my head and rolled with it.

Friday was 11 hours in a car with YT Music on the whole time. It was great. Their algorithm must hate me as I like so many different kinds of music.

For any drummers here, Danny Carey is the best drummer to date. Prove me wrong.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
1/18/23 6:16 a.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/18/23 10:59 a.m.

Back to Envy of None, Alex Lifeson's new project. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/18/23 4:44 p.m.
Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
1/24/23 11:23 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/24/23 3:41 p.m.

One song culled out of a looong trip-hop mix:

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/24/23 3:48 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/23 10:23 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/23 10:54 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/27/23 10:08 a.m.
Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
1/27/23 10:28 a.m.

My admin was complaining that the classical music was putting her to sleep so time to wake everyone up for the weekend. 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
1/27/23 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

The Last Open Road.  By BS Levy.  The story about a young Buddy Palumbo and his involvement with  sports cars,   sports car racing,  and his girlfriend. 
     Each CD takes almost an hour to listen to and there are about 20.  
   The perfect thing for a long road trip

It's done like a 1940's radio play that commands your attention with a great story and diverse characters.  All wound up in a  story that holds your attention for hours on end. 
      There are tastes of Leave it to Beaver and Father knows best  forming a soup of sports cars  and racing.  

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
1/27/23 5:33 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

1980s punk rock — a long playlist on Spotify

1980s Punk here. Nope, it's not dead.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/28/23 1:51 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

1980s punk rock — a long playlist on Spotify

1980s Punk here. Nope, it's not dead.

As an aside, I find the "Broken Record" podcast to be very entertaining and informative. Rick Rubin does most of the interviews, and who better positioned to talk to musicians that the guy who produced many of the best? Just listened to his Iggy Pop interview, and was really surprised at how intact Iggy's brain is considering all the drugs that he's done and the sidemen who died in those particular wars.  

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/28/23 2:02 p.m.

As an answer to the original thread question:

Right now I'm listening to race cars on the track at the Daytona 24... Music to my ears!

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
1/28/23 9:27 p.m.

I usually listen to some fairly heavy stuff but I stumbled across this. Everything else on the album is horrible and the lady that covers Grace Slicks parts is absolutely horrid IMHO but this song is pretty good IMO. I actually like the imagery in the lyrics a lot.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic HalfDork
1/30/23 11:41 p.m.

The Who on the world's greatest $1500 3.1 stereo. smiley Funny, the dog couldn't care less, but the cats came out of hiding and want to listen.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/31/23 8:41 a.m.

Thanks to the Cindy Williams thread.

I've always really liked this song and this is the best version of it, IMO. And I do believe that Steve Cropper, the original guitarist, plays on it.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/1/23 1:46 a.m.

No surprise here, but I'm listening to Mastodon again. Specifically their album Blood Mountain. 

And a challenge. Find better guitar tone anywhere. I dare you. Outrageous. I need to catch them again, and the current tour hits SLC and Vegas...

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/1/23 3:30 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

No surprise here, but I'm listening to Mastodon again. Specifically their album Blood Mountain. 

And a challenge. Find better guitar tone anywhere. I dare you. Outrageous. I need to catch them again, and the current tour hits SLC and Vegas...

For heavy tones this is my favorite tone ( obviously the heavy fuzzed out part)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/2/23 11:16 a.m.

I keep forgetting about this guy and then rediscovering him.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/2/23 3:02 p.m.

Just heard this song for the first time, I really like it and didn't even know the album existed.

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
2/2/23 3:26 p.m.

EAGLES

The Long Run

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/3/23 2:09 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oqRBaka4gGcm7F4nIVDFyFeuKzBnuszxg2iCiIpeXcfZmSqS8NIYvuu1utNFkshi