1 2
JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
4/14/19 5:51 p.m.

When my kids lose teeth, some weird part of my brain tells me I'm supposed to keep them. But a medicine bottle full of baby teeth, forgotten, then re-discovered 40 years from now, sounds kinda gross. Maybe you're supposed to look at them now and again, to reminisce about birthday cakes, Cheezits, and that bed-frame finial with the varnish gnawed off. This has never been explained to me.

What do you guys do?

Turboeric
Turboeric Reader
4/14/19 5:57 p.m.

Don’t know, the tooth fairy took them all! My 4 year old granddaughter told me that the tooth fairy used them to build her castle. Sounds reasonable to me...

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/14/19 5:59 p.m.

Just a small ritual to allow good college entrance as I can’t afford to bribe like some others.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/14/19 6:02 p.m.

i Still have a couple in my sock drawer, not sure why.  A part of me wants to bury them in my neighbor’s flower bed.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/14/19 6:23 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Huh huh. “Sock drawer.”

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/14/19 6:37 p.m.
poopshovel again said:

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Huh huh. “Sock drawer.”

My sock drawer has socks in it

all the guns and drugs are in the underpants drawer.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/14/19 7:12 p.m.

Sell them to gypsies.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/14/19 7:33 p.m.

This thread has merit. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
4/14/19 8:19 p.m.
SVreX said:

This thread has merit. 

I'm just trying to get some substantive conversation going around here.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/14/19 8:32 p.m.

I used some, soaked in Coca-Cola to demonstrate the effect it has on teeth.

It was highly effective.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin SuperDork
4/14/19 8:47 p.m.

My wife has a morbid little collection of hair and teeth from three kids.  Creeps me out whenever I see it.

wae
wae SuperDork
4/14/19 9:43 p.m.

If you keep them in a sealed bottle whatever you do: Do NOT open those bottles!  They stink to high hell!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/15/19 3:44 a.m.

Necklace? It’s highly stylish in some parts of the world.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
4/15/19 6:06 a.m.

I give them to my wife. 

What she does with them I have no idea. There may well be a shrine in a drawer somewhere...

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/15/19 6:17 a.m.

keep them, install them in the mouth of a teddy bear to make creepiest thing ever. 

If child had a Goth teenage phase give to them for bonding opportunity, if not save for grandchildren for Max nightmare impact....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boingboing.net/2012/12/09/teddy-bears-with-terrifying-hu.html/amp

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
4/15/19 6:43 a.m.

I still have the first few of Lil Stampie's.  He lost one Saturday and asked me what to do with it. I asked if he wanted it. He said no. I said well I don't want it either take it to Mom's. Everything I want to get rid of I send to his mom's. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/15/19 7:30 a.m.
Stampie said:

I still have the first few of Lil Stampie's.  He lost one Saturday and asked me what to do with it. I asked if he wanted it. He said no. I said well I don't want it either take it to Mom's. Everything I want to get rid of I send to his mom's. 

Ditto.  My son has finally caught on that any particularly loud or obnoxious item is "encouraged" to have residency at his mothers' house.  I assume she has their teeth somewhere.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
4/15/19 7:52 a.m.

This thread is relevant to my interests because my son just lost his first tooth yesterday and asked the tooth fairy if he could keep it.  We have to come up with someplace to store it I suppose. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/15/19 8:05 a.m.

I think SWMBO saved them, no idea where.  I do know she has the milk teeth in an earring box from her first puppy

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
4/15/19 9:58 a.m.

Save at least one in a pill jar back filled with N2 (computer duster) Label with name and age put in safe with life insurance policy.  Hopefully you'll never need a DNA sample for your kids but if you do there it is.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
4/15/19 10:31 a.m.

You’re supposed to make a necklace with them, then give it to them as either a wedding or graduation present. Right?

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/15/19 12:43 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

You’re supposed to make a necklace with them, then give it to them as either a wedding or graduation present. Right?

Hmmm. I've got a few years before demons teeth fall out, but I like that idea

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/27/23 2:54 p.m.
chandler said:

Necklace? It’s highly stylish in some parts of the world.

Holy cow, I saw the title and thought "necklace right?".....

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/28/23 7:01 a.m.

This 3-year-old thread was zombied by some AI canoes, and it terrifies me to think maybe they were attracted to the image of that doll.

Margie

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
2/28/23 8:15 a.m.

In all seriousness we keep them mostly out of sentimental reasons in a jewelry box on my wife's dresser.  There is a depressing reason that they arw a great store of DNA if such a horric case od identification was ever needed.  Buzz kill, I know.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nkOyTPOew8izbngWFGd7Vy2G25nGB3I1VWRJrTNca0DY0xgOJRm6ZbrGtWCXVl8m