3 4 5 6 7
cwh
cwh PowerDork
4/12/13 7:25 a.m.

Gee, little blow up boat with TWO MACHINE GUNS!!!! Guess that really gets you some respect from the drunks on the water. Highest respect for the Coasties!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
4/12/13 7:27 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Pimping. Contrary to popular belief, it is not that difficult.

Is it really necessary to have a pimp cane or is that just a myth?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
4/12/13 7:29 a.m.
cutter67 wrote: With all this talent and expertise here we should be able to open a company that we would only have to work 10 hrs a week at and the rest of time play with cars.

LOL. I thought you already did that.

I would love to work for you, but people in MD hate my hick accent.

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
4/12/13 7:51 a.m.

I am a plumber and electrician at a really fancy pants private school, these kids yearly allowance exceeds my salary

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/12/13 8:08 a.m.

Play with big guns. Experimental weaponry, failure analysis, investigate things in the field, try to make life better for the soldier.

Click the video:

http://www.ardec.army.mil/benet/overview/

http://www.ardec.army.mil/benet/

Brochure we hand out. The girl on page two is my boss. Two Masters' degrees, wicked smart. She thinks I'm some kind of magician because I can make square things round. http://www.ardec.army.mil/benet/pdf/brochure.pdf

We are with the Watervliet Arsenal, celebrating our 200th birthday this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtqwlgEC-bg

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UltraDork
4/12/13 8:34 a.m.

I fix the computers for the guys that send people home that should not be here. I also play computer nerd for the Army one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/12/13 8:55 a.m.

Inventory and sales supervising analyst - basically I fix all the data problems where I work, then analyze it to maximize productivity. I never thought in all my high school and college years, where BMX and Punk rock were my routine, that Id be a nerd at a desk pumping code into a computer. But Im actually pretty good at it, and it pays the bills.

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
4/12/13 9:16 a.m.

Right now I'm a project manager working on an SAP implementation. Previous work includes managing an IT infrastructure group (servers, storage, and backup) , Business Intelligence architect, and way back when I was a financial analyst. Boring stuff, but I always enjoy reading what everyone else does!

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
4/12/13 9:24 a.m.

You know SAP is th devils program, and you might have already lost your soul to the dark side?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/12/13 9:36 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
monark192 wrote: Mortgage Broker. Can't think of anything interesting to say about that..
Professional Gambler......that is the better way to describe it

the broker is not the gambler

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/12/13 9:38 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Make magazines and stuff like that.

berkeley yeah you do! best magazines evar!

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/12/13 2:19 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Pimping. Contrary to popular belief, it is not that difficult.
Is it really necessary to have a pimp cane or is that just a myth?

It's not totally necessary, but helpful. If you pimp-slap enough hos your rings start to cut into your hands.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
4/12/13 4:28 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
ahutson03 wrote: I'm a boat driver
I can't find one thing in this picture that isn't awesome. I'd say it's the sailboat, but then someone would probably tell me Slayer was on board and prove me wrong. jg

I didn't know that Coasties were taking over the board. I do this from the front seat:

Toyman01
Toyman01 PowerDork
4/12/13 5:47 p.m.

I do this.

Sales, service and installation of automatic and manual pedestrian doors. I started out with a regional company as a grunt in 2002, then went to a major international company as a service tech for twice the money in 2004. Found out that corporations suck and started my own business in 2006. I have a business partner that handles the sales and most of the paperwork, I take care of the technical side of it and getting the work done.

We do a lot of medical, a fair amount of retail, but we also take care of the Boeing and Bosch plants in Charleston, as well as the majority of the military installations in this area. We also take care of several pharmaceutical manufacturers.

This week was taken up by a shut down at one of the pharmaceutical plants. I HATE having to work in a clean room. Scrubs, booties, hair covers, Tyvek suit over the scrubs, double gloves, the works. Even with it being 60 degrees in there, I burn up. Since I designed and installed the entire interlock system for all their doors in 2005, they always call me. The clean room area has 32 doors all interlocked so that only one door into a room can be opened at a time including the halls. This shutdown, in 5 days we have to install 3 automatic door operators and tie them into the interlock system, replace 4 magnetic locks that are corroded from being constantly sprayed with bleach and other horrible chemicals, replace all the hydraulic door closers (also corroded) and replace all the door position switches with new epoxy encapsulated ones. We started Wednesday and have to be ready for a pressure test of the clean core by Tuesday and a DHEC inspection by next Wednesday.

Next week will be finishing AAI Pharma, installing a sliding automatic door at a place called I Love Sugar in Myrtle Beach, and installing keyless entry locks at the machine shop (drool, talk about some cool machines.) at Boeing. Another long week, but better than being broke.

It's not a job, it's an adventure. Or at least better than driving a desk.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/12/13 7:21 p.m.
scardeal wrote: I write database SQL code all day. And review other people's code. And save the world. And...

I mitigate and triage the problems caused from what this guy does until the vulnerability is fixed.

In the civilian world I'm an anti-hacker or an ethical hacker whatever you want to call it. Daylight is something I rarely see during the work week.

I still have no idea what I do for the Air Force on the weekends and I don't think the AF does either.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
4/12/13 7:46 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote:

Flew on a C130 from mainland Japan to Okinawa in '99. Taking a piss while trying to stand on an uneven surface was interesting. Oh, and that bullE36 M3 seating and wearing earplugs for a couple of hours sucked too.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
4/12/13 8:49 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote:
ahutson03 wrote: I'm a boat driver
I can't find one thing in this picture that isn't awesome. I'd say it's the sailboat, but then someone would probably tell me Slayer was on board and prove me wrong. jg
I didn't know that Coasties were taking over the board. I do this from the front seat:

I see you're profile says you're in Arlington right now, you flying gulfstreams or doing a headquarters tour?

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
4/12/13 9:47 p.m.

Shhhh... HQ. It sucks. You?

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
4/12/13 9:47 p.m.

Shhhh... Double post. It sucks. You?

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
4/12/13 9:50 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

Dude, once you go herk you don't go back. Those ear plugs were just to shield your virgin ears from the badassity of the whole situation.

That said, unless I was flying it, I would sooner row a boat across the ocean than fly in the back of a C-130. I love those beasts, but only as the driver.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
4/12/13 10:53 p.m.

Couple of my buddies took a c130 from bagram to ramstein after an outbreak of disentery. They gave about 30 guys that were being flown out 2 5 gallon buckets a piece, one for each end.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/12/13 11:11 p.m.

I haven't had the pleasure of riding in a C-130 just being in barracks/dorms right next to one of their hangars for a few months. The C-17 isn't a bad ride though. I do envy the Coasties some times. Some great duty stations and cool toys.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/12/13 11:27 p.m.

I've taken off in C130's and C141's. Never landed in either.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/12/13 11:29 p.m.

112th?

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
4/13/13 12:04 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote: I didn't know that Coasties were taking over the board. I do this from the front seat:

P3 guy I flew with last week said your engines are on upside down.

Are the Coastie C130Js the -30 stretch model?

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N765CFQdMkiNe8kcLltYyEyGnu6ZjjnpDITao1kaSxS5PRDZ38TywVNf5sCIo0Yw