1 2 3
frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
8/31/18 7:18 a.m.

For me it’s drive a hot rod through Europe.  A channeled 32 Ford roadster with a flathead and 3 deuces and hopefully a quick change. 

Then do the grand tour, England, France Spain, Monte Carlo, Italy, Austria, Germany, Holland.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 7:19 a.m.

I want to win the lottery. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
8/31/18 7:26 a.m.

Fly.  Even if I could loose weight, I don't think I'll ever have the upper-body strength. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/31/18 7:38 a.m.

So many things.  Drive Rte 66 in my Mustang.  Do a big driving tour loup of the west in the Jeep with lots of off road with the wife and the dog.  Sail a boat to the Caribbean and spend a few months island hopping. Dive the Great Barrier Reef. See the Northern lights. Bicycle tour Europe and the British isles.  Have a few beers in Tierra del Fuego.  Drive the Alaskan highway all the way north. 

That's just the first few I can think of that are most unlikely due to monetary, time, or spousal interest restrictions. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/31/18 7:42 a.m.

Drive from Chicago to Alaska.   Then back down the coast and home.  I need 3 months of time.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/31/18 7:51 a.m.

Holy moly I could fill a moderately thick book with the things. It would be vastly easier to list "What do you want to do that might actually be achievable?"

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
8/31/18 8:00 a.m.

Honestly, be without pain. I've been fortunate enough to have experienced a lot in my life and there's a good amount more that I'd like to do and experience and some experiences that I'd love to revisit. But there really isn't anything holding me back from taking them on, if you focus enough and make sacrifices they can happen. Waking up without the majority of my right side being in moderate to severe pain is not something that will cease, it's what happens when you're more scar tissue than man, but it beats the alternative and 40 minutes in the pool makes it bareable and allows me to function the rest of the day, or at least until 7ish most evenings. That contrast of pain to lessened pain is something most people miss out on and it makes you appreciate better days instead of taking them for granted, like a person living in San Diego does with the weather. 

My advice, for what it's worth, is not to rush through a bucket list to cross things off and hurry to get them done in order to have done them. Take your time and drink in the experiences that you want to have and to be able to hold onto. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
8/31/18 8:03 a.m.

Travel overseas and visit various Star Wars filming locations like the Tunisian set that still exists of Luke's home.  I'm not a fan of flying and no passport, at 51, means probably not happening.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/31/18 8:05 a.m.

Get a pilot's license. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/31/18 8:08 a.m.

Fly a B-17.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/31/18 8:11 a.m.

Stage Rally.  I’m too competitive of a person to be satisfied with running and finishing an event.  I’d end up obsessing and burning away all my money and time trying for a class championship.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/31/18 8:13 a.m.

Like Captdownshift, I've had some pretty amazing experiences and I certainly have no regrets on that front.  But it's always been under a tight financial belt.  Barring a powerball win I'll never be "rich", and most of the things I want to do involve fewer days at work and more days appreciating life.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/31/18 8:14 a.m.

I don't want to think about these things as right now my dreams are all that keep me from putting a shotgun in my mouth.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/18 8:18 a.m.

Thought about this on the drive in. Things that I want to do, that are theoretically possible (meaning, I'm not including a "throw a perfect game in Game 7 of the world series and hit a solo home run for the only run"), but I probably won't get to any of them: 

• Get a pilots license and own a small plane
  • Live on a boat
  • Golf Augusta, Bandon Dunes, Whistling Straights, Merion, and Friars Head
  • Start a farm. 
  • Learn Mandolin. Really learn it, instead of the faking that I can do now.
  • Learn guitar. Really well (this one, along with playing Whistling Straits, actually has a chance)
  • Sail a boat somewhere far away. 

We'll see if any of those happen. Possible, but probably not. Right now my goals are all revolving around my child (T-minus 3 months)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
8/31/18 8:21 a.m.

Retire

NBraun
NBraun Reader
8/31/18 8:21 a.m.

What other people have said. Sail the Caribbean, travel the united states on a motorcycle, work as a horse guide in Wyoming, a plethora of different competitions and activities including cars, motorcycles, and guns.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/31/18 8:22 a.m.

Visit our friends in the check republic.

Hit all 50 states in the duster. 

Buy a brand new car.

Retire.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/31/18 8:29 a.m.

Finally conquer my weight once and for all

Be able to afford health care so I can retire before 65

Learn to fly and own a plane

Live to be 123 years, 4 months, 5 days, 6 hours, 7 minuets, 8.90 seconds old

Run a Marathon

See New Zealand

Drive over 200 mph 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/31/18 8:48 a.m.

Skydive

I'm terrified for the obvious reasons, but I'm also an adrenaline junky, so I'm also afraid it would become an obsessive hobby.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
8/31/18 9:07 a.m.

Be happy.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
8/31/18 9:10 a.m.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
8/31/18 9:17 a.m.

Take my family on an extended trip to Europe.  My Dad was stationed in Germany for 4 years, we moved back to the states in the middle of my freshman year of HS.  I feel that experience added so much to my life that I would love to be able to give that to my kids.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/31/18 9:50 a.m.

Sail around the world in a sailboat. I have the means and the desire, but the wrong spouse. Not giving up the spouse. Hope to scratch the itch with a long road-trip exploration of Canada after we retire in a couple of years.

My dream life-perk would be unlimited air transportation at a business class level. A one-direction around the world ticket might have to do.

Pete

Scottah
Scottah Dork
8/31/18 9:58 a.m.

Qualify and race the Boston Marathon 

Race the Baja 1000 in a Class 11 Bug

Race wheel to wheel period

Live off grid

Build a weekend cabin

Buy land/work a farm

Retire? We’ll see on that one 

ProDarwin