1 2 3
neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
11/7/11 12:25 a.m.

The turn signal from the Ducati SS my Dad dropped 10 years ago. Early 70's Motors manuals. And my proudest moment, a bent wheel with a brand new and trashed tire.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/7/11 7:43 a.m.

I bought a top fueler piston from Don Garlit's museum in '84. Personally engraved by Da Man. Still have it on display in the living room.

dinger
dinger New Reader
11/7/11 8:45 a.m.

A dorky SCCA bucket hat that I got signed by Randy Pobst, Chip Herr, Peter Cunningham, and Pierre Kleinubing at the final Grand Prix of Denver.

When I talked to Randy Pobst, he asked me if I raced. I told him I autocrossed quite a bit. His reply: "Oh yeah, I'm an autocrosser too!"

Didn't even know how to respond to that.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/7/11 9:24 a.m.

I have nothing on the level of this crowd, but I have some cool repro posters from the early 70's. A few of the Hot Wheels 99 Civic Si in 1:18.

My favorite is the lead page of an article from a 1975 (IIRC) Playboy where they modded a Civic. The headline says "Playboy Hots Up A Honda" and there's a Playmate chick in front of the Civic washing it. Good stuff.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
11/7/11 10:40 a.m.

Four black & white photos from the $1 bin at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum that I framed with garage sale sourced frames and hang up in my room. Very grassroots I think. One is Alberto Ascari portrait, Nino Farina in a Ferrari from a test session, Doyle Special that won the 500 and a Lotus on the banking. I got them on a trip to IMS with my dad. Everyone should go to that museum because it is awesome. And then you should go to the little somewhat hidden photographic archives room. They have boxes of pictures/prints that are already priced, including that "bargain" bin that I got mine from. They can also search the archives at your request for certain pictures ("I need a picture of each of Rick Mears' wins as he crosses the finish line.")

Invoice for the 1929 Ford Model A that my great grandmother bought new. I think the total price was under $600.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
11/7/11 10:43 a.m.

this ford jacket

not sure why, its just bitchin, and its about all the memorabilia I own (besides my mega ultra epic hotwheels collection...but If I show both of those in the same thread, your face might freeze solid and fall off from all the coolness - I just saved your face - youre welcome).

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr Reader
11/7/11 2:32 p.m.

I got a 1:43 scale 787B model I got while traveling in Germany.

I was also at the last Denver GP race. Werd.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render New Reader
11/7/11 3:05 p.m.

My Mustang is the first new car I ever bought. I have the window sticker hanging on my fridge. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of how hard I worked to afford this car.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/7/11 3:22 p.m.

I have one of the *latches I cut from my race car as a bottle opener on the counter in my trailer.

I also have the page from Roundel with my first club race result laminated and hanging on my garage wall.

*) For the uninformed, the E30 sedan came from the factory with 4 bottle openers doubling as door latch posts.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
11/7/11 3:33 p.m.

When I was in middle school, I typed a letter to DeLorean asking for information on the new DMC12. They sent a letter, along with a catalog and a bunch of other information about the company.

They left out a few details.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
11/7/11 3:36 p.m.

Oh man, I'll have to do some digging in the attic, but this is a sweeeet thread! (And Maroon, that book belongs in my Javelin. You know it to be true... /Vader)

I have a bunch of signed stuff from San Jose Speedway before it closed and a lot of those guys went up to WoO's. I have a Kinser in there somewhere IIRC.

I have a t-shirt signed by John Force, Warren Johnson, etc from the last full 1/4 mile NHRA at Seattle.

There's also a NASCAR tire, Top Fuel spark plug, and other various cast-offs littering the garage.

Somewhere is a box with all of the Daytona and Florida papers from the 500 where Dale Sr. died along with my worker's credentials, etc from that race. I really need to donate that stuff.

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan Reader
11/7/11 3:37 p.m.

Ron Spangler gave me a crew jacket from his race time years ago. Probably the closest I'll ever get to Le Mans.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
11/7/11 4:56 p.m.

Ive got a bunch of autographed NASCAR stuff.

A couple cool Audi Race posters with the A6 Touring car and the LMP1 car.

A small b&w pic of a guy changing a tire of a 2CV in the middle of a busy European street.

A huge oil painting of a Cobra in front of a lighthouse from a local artist.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/7/11 7:31 p.m.

This is my new favorite thread.

Here's another one. This is a foam core original print of the illustrations from Excellence was Expected. Hung right alongside the book on the wall.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/7/11 7:37 p.m.

I got this at Sebring. It's a bit "flat biller", but that gave them more room to sign it.

Long, Bergmeister, Lieb, Nieman, Law, and Holzer signed it.

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
11/7/11 7:48 p.m.

For all the "JDM Fan Boi's" One weekend a few years back I was working a Time Attack at Road Atl in conjunction with NASA as well as a few other car mags and several well known Time Attack cars where there I scored the front bumper off the JIC Majic S15 time attack S15 Silvia it's hanging in my garage over my bench. They had a little off at 10 and cracked it a bit so asside from keeping the CF Canards they just stuffed it in a trash can.

bigwrench1
bigwrench1 New Reader
11/7/11 7:57 p.m.

I have a brick from Turn one at IMS

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/7/11 8:13 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I scored the front bumper off the JIC Majic S15 time attack S15 Silvia it's hanging in my garage over my bench.

Classic Mazda of Orlando always does a pre-Sebring party. They give away promotional stuff, but also old parts off the cars. One year I scored a brake rotor off of Jordan Taylor's RX-8. He autographed it and it is hanging on the wall of my garage.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/7/11 8:30 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
LopRacer wrote: I scored the front bumper off the JIC Majic S15 time attack S15 Silvia it's hanging in my garage over my bench.
Classic Mazda of Orlando always does a pre-Sebring party. They give away promotional stuff, but also old parts off the cars. One year I scored a brake rotor off of Jordan Taylor's RX-8. He autographed it and it is hanging on the wall of my garage.

I understand that it's a Mazda, but giving away Grand Am parts to celebrate an ALMS event? Interesting.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/7/11 9:02 p.m.

FWIW, they also have had Star Mazda cars there....

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
11/7/11 9:40 p.m.

Just a pinch of salt from near the Utah/Nevada border ...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
11/7/11 10:13 p.m.

The most recent one was getting my car on the cover of the local BMW CCA chapter magazine.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
11/7/11 10:22 p.m.

Nice E28, Stuart!

I don't have anything autographed, just a few prints of old race posters, and I kept the Nardi steering wheel from my old Alfa, which now hangs above my bed.

Turboeric
Turboeric New Reader
11/7/11 11:59 p.m.

Two things that mean nothing to anyone but me. Years ago I had a 1958 Jag XK150S OTS, which I bought from my Grandfather's estate. He had been a huge influence in my life. While I was a grad student, it began suffering body cancer, and I couldn't afford to fix it or keep it in conditions that would preserve it. I sold it to a collector. Years later I got a letter from a gentleman in Switzerland who had just done a nut and bolt restoration on the car and who was tracing its history. I was able to supply him with the original bill of sale, the original warrantee and a photo of my Grandfather (the original owner) with the car at the Westwood race circuit near Vancouver, B.C. The Swiss gentleman was thrilled and sent me a polished piston taken from the original engine, which now has a place of honour in my office.

The second thing is a copy of The Racing Driver by Denis Jenkinson. For the youngsters on here look up Denis Jenkinson/Stirling Moss Mille Miglia. My best friend of 42 years passed away recently, and we spent many happy and exhausting hours playing with race cars. The book had been left to him by his enthusiast father, and he left it to me. I'll treasure it for the rest of my life.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
11/8/11 6:08 a.m.
Turboeric wrote: The Swiss gentleman was thrilled and sent me a polished piston taken from the original engine, which now has a place of honour in my office.

I think there's some dust in my eye....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3iaqpdB3BWnycPqCq59W5PeDg156D7tjA5OzqaOmo4CzJqIRHIPYYAnQyPx96z08